Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 05-12-2015

Project Manager: We need to have this done by the end of the week.
Me: Isn't this not due until the end of July?
Project Manager: We have other projects, I want this done as soon as possible.

... What other projects? I haven't heard anything about them. Why aren't we working on those as well? Why keep pushing for the SHORTEST TIME FRAME POSSIBLE?

And, continuing on the same thread as my previous rants, why keep pushing all this at ME? I made the fixes to the Admin pages, I wrote the stored procedures, I updated and populated the tables, and I'm helping the other guy who is unfamiliar with Entity Frameworks and seems dead-set on having a Stored Procedure written to populate a dropdown rather than automatically linking to the table using Entity Framework.

Said other guy's only other task so far has to been to add a dropdown that appears when an option is chosen and has a list that I already populated for him appear in it. And then update the save code to include the information from this new dropdown. And it's taken him at least two weeks now and he's NOT DONE.

And now he's trying to get me to do all the reports stuff too. Stating I can just look at his (sloppy) code in the other project we're working on (and I'm not even sure if it's done yet, he doesn't check things in so I have no clue of his progress) and copy it over.

Yes, let's have me do ALL THE WORK while you take a month to add a dropdown to a page. Yes. Thank you.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kellach Woods - 05-12-2015

I wanted to write a bug report just to spite you but instead, as I have been in that situation this past week, have an internet hug.

It really sucks when you're staring at someone's workrate and they're dropping balls all over that you have to pick up.

(I think the worst part I had to deal with was doing a check that requires 10 active computers to do with only 4 people and being more efficient than if we had 10 people)

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Fox - 05-18-2015

I know it's not political or anything but... My cat can be a butt and get into places I don't expect her to. I wish headset wires weren't so thin, or they were made with better rubber. Ugh. Cheap rubber on awesome headsets suck.

My cat found and destroyed my 150$ klipsch headset after I had put it out of her reach. -_- she still managed to get it.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Addison - 05-21-2015

I dislike people who call up the clinic to complain about services they received, swearing up and down that they did not authorize their pet to be anesthetize when the consent form clearly shows that they clearly signed their signature next to it, and then accuse me of swindling them as well as forging medical documents.

Have fun at your next veterinarian's office. You won't be missed.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kellach Woods - 05-22-2015

So my car got rear-ended while I was patiently waiting in traffic.
Some fuckhead saw a green light and went GOLLY GEE I GUESS THAT MEANS GO FAST WHAT DO YOU MEAN OTHER CARS? So he rammed the SUV behind me who rammed my car. I only got scratches, but that was still fucking annoying so.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Aysun - 05-22-2015

(05-11-2015, 02:58 PM)N Wrote: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/307282/150505-lawsuit-against-all-gays.pdf

WELCOME TO 'MERKA WE SUE ALL THEM LIBERAL COMMIE GAYS YEEHAWW

Can we just nuke Nebraska or something? It's like Texas without all the sand.

EDIT: Isn't the Midwest supposed to be slightly smarter and more open-minded than my fellow Southern neighbors? Kinda sad, really.

So like. I'm from Nebraska. I'm living in Nebraska.

My rant of the day is about people who generalize/stereotype others...

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Parvacake - 05-22-2015

To all of you folks who go out to eat at fast food joints, sub shops, and little eateries:

Please be respectful and mindful of the staff. We work to provide for ourselves as much as you all do. And it really fucking sucks that we bite our tongues and get treated like dirt when there's three of us trying to fulfill 20+ orders at a time and in order without any mistakes while sweating in the desert heat around ovens, microwaves, burning our hands and nearly slipping on what falls to the floor...

Had some people come in, see our line FULL of orders, and who have the audacity to be like "Where's my food?"

It's in the order it came in, you fat fuck. : / 10 people were before you. Wait your turn. If you don't like it, go to McDonald's.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Sailor July - 05-24-2015

Just crashed into a huge ball of crying and frustration. Depression, over $2,000 in debt, unsure if we can pay bills this month ($400-ish), upset I can't work (disabled), out of anti-depressants (they cost $1,009 until I can get on Medicaid.)

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Brilliance - 06-30-2015

A-few-days-ago vent. After a year of working within one of the most lovely restaurants in town, I received my first belligerent [potential] costumer! *Marks the date on the calendar*

It's Father's Day (or was it the day before? hmm), and we get swamped every holiday. Frankly, we've a small kitchen and are generally understaffed by about one pair of hands at any given time throughout the restaurant. I was doing /great/ handling hostessing and busting at the same time as I normally do with the manager occasionally spotting the door and reservation list as needed.

We finally reach critical mass, the kitchens are over loaded because after two groups coming in, one consisting of twenty some odd people, the other thirty, well... three cooks are going to have a handful. As such, we went on a twenty minute table wait to work through that mess. Far better to give costumers the chance to go to someplace where they can eat sooner than have them wait fourty for food, right?

THAT'S WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Group comes in, no big deal. Says there's three of them. I inform them of the table wait, offer to take their names and give them a pager; they look out into the dining room and ask, "What? I see at least three tables open right there."

"Well, sir, our kitchen is currently overloaded due to large reservations coming in around the same time," I reply.

He stares at me for a split second as though gears just clicked in his head and I continue to smile apologetically at him, waiting for a response. "Terrible service, good bye," he quickly says, turning on his heels and ushering the other two (assumedly wife and child) out the door.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, have a nice day!" I shout after them. After that, it seriously took all of my composure to not burst out laughing at how childish he was. I was seriously baffled by his behaviour. Laughed about it to my manager, even. Do people really not realise that throwing a tantrum over not being instantly gratified is seriously... off? @A@

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Misuzu - 06-30-2015

2 weeks ago my vacation time for the expansion was cancelled the day before early access by my boss, so he could have the weekend off. Last week...85 hours scheduled and worked. This week, my 3-day weekend for the holiday has been bumped down to two (possibly one since my boss is taking vacation again)

1 day off in the last 19. 12+ hour shifts each day. So frustrating Sad Somebody get the shovel, I'll need buried by week's end.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Parvacake - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 02:20 AM)Misuzu Wrote: 2 weeks ago my vacation time for the expansion was cancelled the day before early access by my boss, so he could have the weekend off. Last week...85 hours scheduled and worked. This week, my 3-day weekend for the holiday has been bumped down to two (possibly one since my boss is taking vacation again)

1 day off in the last 19. 12+ hour shifts each day. So frustrating Sad Somebody get the shovel, I'll need buried by week's end.
I think you can report him for things like that. Especially for 85 scheduled and worked hours. There's certain degrees where people can get in a lot of trouble for putting people through certain impossible work conditions.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 09-09-2015

A bit of a necro, but I think I have good reason for reviving it for this particular rant.

I. Hate. The company I'm contracted out to right now. Why?

I was brought to a project as only a tester - test the application, that's it. Don't get the code, don't do any of that - I have to be separate from it to properly test it. That's fine, that's cool. I bug test it, give it to the guy who's supposed to be working on it and fixing it.

He ends up leaving and it gets put in the hands of another guy. I test what changes were made before the guy left and it's mostly the same stuff - so I hand off the barely modified bug list to him to start fixing up stuff. The last time I modified the first bug list was in July and it mentioned the sounds not working and an inability to move through the various lectures. Keep this in mind. All the while, he keeps pushing on trying to get me to download the source code and make the fixes for him - which is not what I'm supposed to be doing.

Fast forward a bit. He's made some changes, but several bugs are still around on the latest version of the bug list. Somehow, rather than him or the Project Manager heading the meetings with the clients... it's me. They have the tester as the "go-to" guy for explaining things and going and talking to the client. Whatever, fine. We have a meeting... about a week, week and a half ago and the two bugs I mentioned back in July become a point of contention - and the guy who was supposed to fix it had felt it hadn't been a needed fix.

Now, we have a meeting on Monday with the clients. Ask the guy who was supposed to be fixing the code if he fixed the TWO BUGS that were mentioned in the meeting. They haven't, apparently, and furthermore he says that he can't work on it - for reasons he doesn't bother to mention - and now the PM has told me to download the code and we'd "talk about it."

How I'm reading this? The guy who's been trying to pass the buck ever since it got put in his lap is about to successfully do so. With two glaring issues still unresolved that I noted back in July (possibly earlier, last modified after all). Leaving me with two days or less to get the code, learn the code, and figure out how to fix the problem.

In a job where my contracting company is taking half to a third of my salary for their services, provides no overtime pay, and requires me to use my scant few leave days on government holidays.

I am goddamn livid right now.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - C'kayah Polaali - 09-10-2015

Nameless fruit-themed computer company.

Fruit: We're coming out with this new [flurble!] stuff, we want you to be [verbable!]. Here's what you need to do. By the way, can you do it by next week?

Us: Um... Yeah? This looks okay.

(6 days later)

Fruit: That looks great! Can you make this one change? It's very minor...

Us: Um... You want us to change the underlying architecture of what we do?

Fruit: Well, you don't need to have it, strictly speaking, until next week...

(6 days later)

Fruit: Oh! We forgot to tell you, you need to call this API.

Us: We don't see this API in your library.

Fruit: Riiiiight. You'll need this file, which we've only just remembered to send you. Here it is.

Us: It's not working.

Fruit: Yeah, because we haven't turned on the web service that makes it work.

Us: How will we test it?

Fruit: Don't worry, we'll turn it on about 3-4 days before the new OS goes live.

Us: So you want us to test this new stuff, build an app, get it to you, get it reviewed, and shipped, all within this 3-4 day window that you turn this on?

Fruit: Yeah!

Us: ...

[Image: p8qJG.png]

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - SaintEaon - 09-10-2015

People tend to make me feel like Tywin Lannister and the rest of the world are my children and I am so, so disappointed so often.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kou - 09-11-2015

I'm torn between keeping all my loved ones close and shoving each and every human being in my life away because I'm just so tired of feeling so vulnerable and weak and therapy has just been emotionally exhausting for a month now, touching on some srs shit that's been buried down for so long. And today was absolutely no exception, with yet another break, and just...

I should not be so sick of life at the ripe age of 21. But I am and I'm frustrated and I wish I had more people to talk to, people that I can talk to and trust and get close to, and I just want to feel safe and welcome and warm and free for once in my life, dammit.

*flips everything*