Hydaelyn Role-Players
Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on the Au Ra? (/showthread.php?tid=9359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Faye - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:06 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: I wanted to bring up how the scales look so out of place on that smooth skin, and it hit me - there really should be more of a gradient between 'regular skin' and 'hard scales', with the scaly parts gradually growing finer until they dissipate into the skin instead of ending on a hard line.

As it is, they look like cosplay additions or something along those lines, not a natural part of their bodies.

I could agree with that. But then again, I don't think FFXIV really has very good/detailed character models in general.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Aldotsk - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:16 PM)Faye Wrote: I could agree with that. But then again, I don't think FFXIV really has very good/detailed character models in general.

Despite that it doesnt have detailed character model set up, it's still pretty damn good graphics. Amazing sexy graphics since 2010. Stay warm, FFXIV.

We can talk about Boobs and Soul and Black Desert Online. Then we will talk about good/detailed character models. (see that underlined and italicized?) 

From Clover's response in terms of:
"Lesser people play, more unique it'll be" 

EXACTLY. Like Femroes and some Lalas. - Which is why I love them so much.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Iex - 12-23-2014

I suppose the detail of the scales all depends on the origin of the scales... which we don't know yet. They could be more of 'hard' plates on the body rather than scales, maybe they are born like that but the plates don't change so as they grow. But who knows.

(12-23-2014, 04:26 PM)Iex Wrote: I suppose the detail of the scales all depends on the origin of the scales... which we don't know yet. They could be more of 'hard' plates on the body rather than scales, maybe they are born like that but the plates don't change so as they grow. But who knows.

You know what's funny? Some people are already complaining from 20-30 second trailer where they only showed one part of the designed models.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Tiergan - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:16 PM)Clover Wrote: Looking at the bright side, the less people play the race, the more unique our characters will be! (Though I actually have the feeling that everyone and their mother is going to make an Au Ra. Tumblr will explode).

I may or may not fantasia my elezen into a dude Au Ra. :V

My only problem is deciding whether I want him to be the DRK or Tiergan. (Hgngn, I wasn't even interested in DRK until I saw the video footage. AUgh.)

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Berrod Armstrong - 12-23-2014

Since I already have a bazillion alts I think I'll be adding one more just to try the race if their lore interests me.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Oli! - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 03:41 PM)Tiergan Wrote: Can we just... agree to disagree? 

[Image: 20130915-190532.jpg]

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Edvyn - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 01:19 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: It is so, so, SO very hard to resist the urge to tell you off for making this utterly worthless post.

Instead I will simply point out that this post contributes nothing at all to the thread and you should really refrain from posting entirely if this is the extent of what you can do.

im sorry to remind you that you arent as clever as you think you are. that post was not the extent of what i can do, but the extent of what i am willing to do. forgive me if i dont take your inane rambling seriously.

unless ive somehow broken a rule in prompting people to settle down by reminding them of what theyre actually doing, im gonna post whatever i like in this fucking thread and you can sit and spin. want me to not take you for a joke? stop acting like a joke.

merry christmas and enjoy the ride

(12-23-2014, 04:20 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 04:16 PM)Faye Wrote: I could agree with that. But then again, I don't think FFXIV really has very good/detailed character models in general.

Despite that it doesnt have detailed character model set up, it's still pretty damn good graphics. Amazing sexy graphics since 2010. Stay warm, FFXIV.

We can talk about Boobs and Soul and Black Desert Online. Then we will talk about good/detailed character models. (see that underlined and italicized?) 

From Clover's response in terms of:
"Lesser people play, more unique it'll be" 

EXACTLY. Like Femroes and some Lalas. - Which is why I love them so much.

Black Desert Online. ;A; Don't remind me. Every day I think about that character creation, and my soul cries because I don't have it yet.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - FreelanceWizard - 12-23-2014

Right, so... I realize this is a fairly heated topic, but there's absolutely no reason for dismissing others' opinions out of hand or otherwise trying to start fights.

I've already handed out a couple of warnings on this thread. Please stick to the topic at hand and stay nice so I don't have to lock the thread.

#magicAdminHat

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Cailean Lockwood - 12-23-2014

People on this forum is awfully rude to eachother, without any real reason other than disagreeing over certain topics. :/

(12-23-2014, 08:25 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: People on this forum is awfully rude to eachother, without any real reason other than disagreeing over certain topics. :/

Obviously, some opinions are right and some are wrong, and those with wrong opinions must be assimilated.

(Kidding...)

(12-23-2014, 08:25 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: People on this forum is awfully rude to eachother, without any real reason other than disagreeing over certain topics. :/

Yeah. This is agreeable.

Let's please stay on the topic. We do have disagreements, but please stop insulting others :'/

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Kismet - 12-23-2014

[Image: DKJhx9l.gif]

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Moonlit - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 08:37 PM)Kismet Wrote: [Image: DKJhx9l.gif]
[Image: dead-horse.gif]