Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Edgar - 10-24-2015

Dear Starbucks employee,

How do you clothe yourself in the morning? How do you put on your oh-so expensive makeup without poking out your eyeballs? Do you even know how to breathe properly?

I ask these questions because you managed the incredible feat of serving my brother an ice cold Hot Chocolate.

It's not like it's in the name or anything.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Teadrinker - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 04:03 PM)Edgar Wrote: Dear Starbucks employee,

How do you clothe yourself in the morning? How do you put on your oh-so expensive makeup without poking out your eyeballs? Do you even know how to breathe properly?

I ask these questions because you managed the incredible feat of serving my brother an ice cold Hot Chocolate.

Having worked as a barista once before in my life....screw people like your brother. Seriously. <3

Some of the people that frequent coffee shops are just some of the most inflated, pretentious goobers that ever walked.

I also tend to frequent coffee shops.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - LiadansWhisper - 10-24-2015

Your life must be difficukt, indeed, if you're unable to grasp the concept that people who are overworked and underpaid will occasionally make mistakes. 

I'm sure you've been perfect your whole life, so this is probably a tough concept to grasp.

This is why I detest working retail.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kellach Woods - 10-24-2015

y'know the worst part?

Generally if it's their fuck up they'll offer you a free one if you're friendly with them.

source : my local starbucksarino has made a few towards me.

then again if i'm there at close i help them put chairs on top of their tables and attempt to not be a goober.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - LiadansWhisper - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 04:38 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: y'know the worst part?

Generally if it's their fuck up they'll offer you a free one if you're friendly with them.

source : my local starbucksarino has made a few towards me.

then again if i'm there at close i help them put chairs on top of their tables and attempt to not be a goober.

My cousin is a manager at a Starbucks in CA (in between being an aircraft mechanic for the USAF), so I can confirm this.

Pretty sure she'sgot it together better than 90% of her customers.

how dare a product in beta does not have perfect functionality? damn you sfv beta.

(granted i can't really help them test the goal of their beta because it crashes before i get a match so it is a genuine problem in a way, but still)

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Teadrinker - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 04:35 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Your life must be difficukt, indeed, if you're unable to grasp the concept that people who are overworked and underpaid will occasionally make mistakes. 

I'm sure you've been perfect your whole life, so this is probably a tough concept to grasp.

I almost beat a 16 year old brat to death once with her Coach handbag working in a coffee shop. Ugh. You have to have the disposition of a saint.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cato - 10-24-2015

Did you politely point out the mistake that was made, or did you remain silent? Customer service roles are pretty awful - mistakes are made not because people want to make them but because the line of work can often be miserable, thankless, involve terrible hours, awkward overtime and to top it all off it isn't even a well paid line of work.

It's also possible that they misheard your brother, especially if he spoke quietly or the store was busy. In my experience, whenever I've had someone mess up an order and I've brought it to their attention they've quite happily done their best to remedy the situation.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Sinjo - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 04:35 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Er. I don't mean to start an argument but. His brother worked for the money to buy a hot chocolate, that the person at starbucks is getting paid to make. But you really have to be doing something wrong, even if you're over worked and underpaid, to serve a hot drink cold.

Secondly. Just about 90% of the population is overworked and underpaid. You can't justify saying some one is justifiably overworked and underpaid if they're unable to perform a basic part their job. I guarantee you that the job at starbucks could easily be taken by some one who will work harder and appreciate the opportunity far more than some one who doesn't care enough about the product they're giving to costumers, to give them a warm drink.

And lastly. Starbucks is one of the best employers in America right now. Benifits for fulltime and part time employees as well as A college tuition reimbursement program. To say that the job is unfair is, to starbucks, Unfair.

Just my five cents as some one who has worked over a dozen different types of jobs .

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Hyakki - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 06:06 PM)Sinjo Wrote: Er. I don't mean to start an argument but. His brother worked for the money to buy a hot chocolate, that the person at starbucks is getting paid to make. But you really have to be doing something wrong, even if you're over worked and underpaid, to serve a hot drink cold.

What was considered "cold", though? It may have been the standard temperature but he preferred it hotter or an error on the barista's side as you said. We don't know.

Either way, there's no need for Edgar to be such a condescending prick about it.

(10-24-2015, 06:17 PM)Mamushi Wrote:
(10-24-2015, 06:06 PM)Sinjo Wrote: Er. I don't mean to start an argument but. His brother worked for the money to buy a hot chocolate, that the person at starbucks is getting paid to make. But you really have to be doing something wrong, even if you're over worked and underpaid, to serve a hot drink cold.

What was considered "cold", though? It may have been the standard temperature but he preferred it hotter or an error on the barista's side as you said. We don't know.

Either way, there's no need for Edgar to be such a condescending prick about it.

Er, between 70c - 90c is the best temperature to serve any hot drink. And lets be real here. It's a hot Chocolate. Not a lukewarm Chocolate, or a blood warm Chocolate. If it's lower than 50c, you're not serving it properly.

Prick or not. Edgar's brother and He have a right to complain, no matter how harshly. Money was involved and the drink was obviously nowhere near warm enough to be called a Hot Chocolate. So the employee was doing something very obviously wrong.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cato - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 06:25 PM)Sinjo Wrote:

Er, between 70c - 90c is the best temperature to serve any hot drink. And lets be real here. It's a hot Chocolate. Not a lukewarm Chocolate, or a blood warm Chocolate. If it's lower than 50c, you're not serving it properly.

Prick or not. Edgar's brother and He have a right to complain, no matter how harshly. Money was involved and the drink was obviously nowhere near warm enough to be called a Hot Chocolate. So the employee was doing something very obviously wrong.

Customer entitlement is a major issue. Yes, people have a 'right' to complain - but that doesn't mean that the customer has a right to be arrogant. I have my doubts that the employee in question went out of her way to make Edgar's brother's life a misery - so the personal attacks aimed at the employee in question are both irrelevant and obnoxious.

Paying money for a service doesn't give people the right to be nasty either - especially if the mistake is an innocent and understandable one as well as something that is almost certainly going to be fixed if attention is drawn to it.

(10-24-2015, 06:33 PM)Graeham Wrote:

Customer entitlement is a major issue. Yes, people have a 'right' to complain - but that doesn't mean that the customer has a right to be an arrogant wanker. I have my doubts that the employee in question went out of her way to make Edgar's brother's life a misery - so the personal attacks aimed at the employee in question are both irrelevant and obnoxious.

Paying money for a service doesn't give people the right to be nasty either - especially if the mistake is an innocent and understandable one as well as something that is almost certainly going to be fixed if attention is drawn to it.

I've worked plenty in the service industry. ( Starbucks is not retail.) I've had to deal plenty with customer entitlement. But there is a vast difference between being served something wrong, and a customer being entitled. A customer being entitled is asking for free food because they didn't enjoy their meal. A customer being served cold food and complaining, Is not entitlement.

And I don't see how serving some one a cold drink is understandable? I'm no barista, but one can assume that there is a few basic steps to making a Hot chocolate. The main one being, is the drink hot?

Understandable is getting the drinks mixed up, or forgetting they didn't want whip. Those are understandable situations.

I'm not picking sides here. I'm just saying that the complaints are justifiable.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Edgar - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 06:39 PM)Sinjo Wrote:
(10-24-2015, 06:33 PM)Graeham Wrote:

Customer entitlement is a major issue. Yes, people have a 'right' to complain - but that doesn't mean that the customer has a right to be an arrogant wanker. I have my doubts that the employee in question went out of her way to make Edgar's brother's life a misery - so the personal attacks aimed at the employee in question are both irrelevant and obnoxious.

I've worked plenty in the service industry. ( Starbucks is not retail.) I've had to deal plenty with customer entitlement. But there is a vast difference between being served something wrong, and a customer being entitled. A customer being entitled is asking for free food because they didn't enjoy their meal. A customer being served cold food and complaining, Is not entitlement.

And I don't see how serving some one a cold drink is understandable? I'm no barista, but one can assume that there is a few basic steps to making a Hot chocolate. The main one being, is the drink hot?

Understandable is getting the drinks mixed up, or forgetting they didn't want whip. Those are understandable situations.

I'm not picking sides here. I'm just saying that the complaints are justifiable.

The woman was a teenager whose work ethic consisted of frequent errors like these, as well as putting on makeup during customer lineups. She rolled her eyes at our orders.

This was hardly one of those "poor, overworked person makes an honest mistake under duress" situations. My bad for not being more specific, but I like to think the responses pointed out all the problems with white-knighting for someone you barely bloody know. It's not black and white, people; not every employee working for Starbucks is downtrodden and barely scraping by. I acknowledge that as a thing that happens, I'd be stupid not to, but this was not the situation you thought it was.

hm let's see

"RAR FUCKING EMPLOYEE IS TRASH I'LL GO BITCH ABOUT IT IN THE WHY HUMANITY WHY THREAD"

"hey guys turns out i intentionally removed the context because i wanted you to hate this person post defending them once i expose how much of an actually bad worker they are."

she's about as bad a worker as you are at written communication i'd say.