Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seriously, those horns - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seriously, those horns (/showthread.php?tid=11477)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Seriously, those horns - Seriphyn - 05-05-2015

I don't think SE put that much thought into a race designed primarily to attract purchases of the expansion.

However, knowing their attention to detail, you can count on it being brought up in NPC dialogue at some point.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Blue - 05-05-2015

I guess, good for me for not planning to have either of my Au Ras kissing anyone?

It's a fantasy universe, there will be ways to get around things that make no sense, as usual. Should I post that no one should use flying chococbos because their wings/body proportions would not enabled them to fly IRL? I don't think I should, I'll just not use a chocobo as a flying mount; no need to make the decision for the others too, you know?

EDIT: To make a clearer example, if you were a person who hated lasagna, would you walk into a restaurant, approach a table where someone is eating lasagna, and tell them "THIS. This is disgusting food! How can you cope with eating that!?". I think you would not.

RE: Seriously, those horns - industrythirteen - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 01:09 AM)ScaledWarrior Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 11:31 PM)Shadottie Wrote: Er herm, you know what--

You know what will be cute-- Au ra couples touching foreheads affectionately. Yeup.

I actually REALLY love that idea Idea

Figured out that what cats do when they press their foreheads against your hand or, well, anywhere I guess, is called bunting. (Against a wall is pressing. Thats bad. Take your cat to the vet.) So, I figured Au Ra bunting is in. I will be bunting. XD

RE: Seriously, those horns - Izayoi - 05-05-2015

You know what will be cute-- Au ra couples touching foreheads affectionately. Yeup.

I can see that, and I have a cat that does that to me pretty much every day, and it's really sweet Big Grin

RE: Seriously, those horns - Cailean Lockwood - 05-05-2015

Having played Trolls in World of Warcraft and Castanic in TERA, it's nothing new to me to RP someone with horns or tusks in the way when being more intimate with someone.

Here's a few solutions:
- Interlocking. Imagine like with elks and deers with those large antlers, when they butt heads with eachother, they kinda interlock the antlers with one another. It's kinda the same with two Au Ra when kissing. It's not always truly correct or fitting, but it's a solution none the less.

- Long tongues. Because of their foreign nature, and even somewhat demonic visage, something like the Au Ra having very long tongues would not be out of the question. I intend for my Au Ra to have one, and believe me, it is VERY useful. Wink

- Horn sheaths. Sheaths made out of leather or maybe a softer material which you can cover your horns with to make sure you won't poke a hole or scratch your partner when going down on him/her.

Otherwise, be creative and have fun with it! ^^

RE: Seriously, those horns - Steel Wolf - 05-05-2015

I had actually considered that in regard to the design of my Au Ra when I was piddling about with the benchmark, and I tended to lean towards the backwards-facing horn styles as a result. It not only gave me a sense of more freedom of movement, but also tended to "flow" more cleanly with most of the hairstyles that were offered.

But then again, folks can be super-creative and come up with ways to adapt to "problems" such as showing affection without kissing, like...

...which is probably the most clever workaround I think I've read.

Honestly, it's only a problem if you make it a problem...and considering the OP's prior post history against the idea of the race, I suppose it's just another tick mark against the Au Ra even being a thing. And that's fine. Personal preference is personal.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Zhavi - 05-05-2015

Maybe their horns are sensitive when touching them together for some kinda crazy connection. Hell, maybe it's a better experience than kissing! WHO NEEDS KISSING ANYWAYS.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Flickering Ember - 05-05-2015

Does this mean Ember can't hug Au Ra? Cry
She is going to go through an existential crisis...

RE: Seriously, those horns - D'aito Kuji - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 06:45 AM)theincubuslord Wrote: Here's a few solutions:
- Interlocking. Imagine like with elks and deers with those large antlers, when they butt heads with eachother, they kinda interlock the antlers with one another. It's kinda the same with two Au Ra when kissing. It's not always truly correct or fitting, but it's a solution none the less.

^This is best, imo.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Dogberry - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 01:14 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Does this mean Ember can't hug Au Ra? Cry
She is going to go through an existential crisis...

Oh no, I am incredibly sad now...

Ember, darling, you can hug Au Ra, just do it gently.

The only thing you shouldn't hug are cactuar.

Quote:- Horn sheaths. Sheaths made out of leather or maybe a softer material which you can cover your horns with to make sure you won't poke a hole or scratch your partner when going down on him/her.

More like Horn cozies! C'mon, Weavers, let's knit those suckers up in bright, festive colors!

RE: Seriously, those horns - Blythe - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 01:20 PM)Daitokuji Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 06:45 AM)theincubuslord Wrote: Here's a few solutions:

^This is best, imo.

Agreed. And I think this makes the most sense for the Au Ra. 

(Also, the forehead touching sound sooo cute!)

RE: Seriously, those horns - Warren Castille - 05-05-2015

I am so proud that I helped swerve this topic onto the logistics of dragondemon dong-devouring in seconds flat.

I'm more proud of you fine folks running with it, though.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Wymsical - 05-09-2015

Somehow I suspect you guys are forgetting three of the four horn types for females point back, to the sides or just don't point forward at all. The fourth is the only one that might give a little issue but it's not that weirdly shaped. For males... faces one and four would probably have some issues, face three shouldn't have any and it's hard to tell with two. 

Still, pecks on the lips look possible with all of the male faces and at most, one and four might have to be a bit more careful with the hot and heavy mackin' on each other. Unless their partner likes having their head caught between the horns like a sexy pinball.

RE: Seriously, those horns - g0ne - 05-09-2015

They could hug. Smile Lots of hugs!

Or have an Eskimo kiss like kiss thingy with their horns!

RE: Seriously, those horns - Aven - 05-10-2015

I see them being very usefull since they are a bit of a warlike race. Though im looking forward to Aven being totaly foreign to the concept of a kiss.