Hydaelyn Role-Players
Question about mix races - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Question about mix races (/showthread.php?tid=12757)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Question about mix races - LiadansWhisper - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 05:11 PM)Manari Wrote: Even ancient advanced civilizations thought the idea of catgirls was "super hawt", apparently.  

This is interesting though...  Can I ask what exactly leads people to this theory?  Is it just all the stuff in the test tubes up there, or just the fact that the Alleg did mad science on people in general?

Probably has something to do with the fact that Miqo'te (and, similarly, Au Ra) have clearly animalistic traits like ears/horns/scales/tails that none of the other "races of men" share.  When you stumble on Azys Lla, with the amount of cross-breeding that was obviously going on there (we have half-humanoid, half fish people, half-humanoid, half-snake people, floating snake things with the face of a woman, half-bird people, minotaurs, and even some creatures that look an awful lot like bug people, as well as creatures that are obviously mixtures of several different species), it seems kind of plausible that maybe Miqo'te and Au Ra have some kind of connection.  After all, it's not like the Allagan would have had a problem conducting the experiments.

RE: Question about mix races - Chris Ganale - 07-30-2015

I didn't read the whole thread yet so I may have missed things, but I doubt the miqo'te, at least, are the result of Allagan genetic fuckery, as they came from Meracydia and were "fleeing their ravaged homeland", ie, the place the Allagans were busy kicking over.

RE: Question about mix races - Jariana - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 05:48 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I didn't read the whole thread yet so I may have missed things, but I doubt the miqo'te, at least, are the result of Allagan genetic fuckery, as they came from Meracydia and were "fleeing their ravaged homeland", ie, the place the Allagans were busy kicking over.

That could definitely be debated, as from what I understand the Allagan rise and fall seems to be in the Third Era, while the Miqo'te migration happened in the Fifth. Which honestly lends some credence to the Allagan creation idea, being that they may have been placed in Meracydia during the invasion.

Personally I'm curious if it could be taken a step further and speculated that the general diversity in the "races of man" is due entirely to Allagan meddling. I can't find much evidence for it, but it's a niggling idea that's been stuck in the back of my head for a while now.

RE: Question about mix races - Sylentmana - 07-31-2015

Behold! The child of an Au Ra and a Miqo'te!

[Image: crossbreed-priscilla-large.jpg]

RE: Question about mix races - Kismet - 07-31-2015

I'm sure that my two cents here will just be things people have already said (I didn't read through the whole thread), but... I think they could definitely have a child. They're both humanoid beings. I don't think anything "downstairs" or in their organs would be so different that it would prevent pregnancy. This was my opinion BEFORE we got official confirmation of half-breeds in lore (which actually happened before Hilda was ever seen).

However, I don't think said child would have both Miqo'te and Au Ra features. I can't say for sure, as I don't have evidence/confirmation from the lore team, obviously. But I would like to think that what makes sense is that the child would have an appearance that's either distinctly Miqo'te or distinctly Au Ra.

But, for me? All of the "could it happen" talk is actually besides the point. Instead, my main concern is what it ALWAYS is whenever anyone does any out-of-the-box concept like this in RP or RP backstories...

Why do this? What purpose does it serve? What's the justification? Why do these two characters HAVE to be having a mixed child? Can't they just... not?

RE: Question about mix races - Ignacius - 07-31-2015

(07-30-2015, 02:24 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 02:09 PM)Kage Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 01:20 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 01:17 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Given some of the things we see in Azys Lla, I think there may be something to miqo'te being an Allagan creation...

...but that's 100% purely speculation on my part!

It could go either way, I suppose, with G'raha being "evidence."  Why would they entrust his ancestor with their blood?  Maybe they created him.  Or, maybe Miqo'te already were in existence and his ancestor was simply a trusted retainer, as it were.
Well, speaking of Azys Lla and such... It won't answer these but it reminds me of this awesome thread I'm currently following.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/251109-Meracydia-Miqo-te-Azys-La-speculations-%28spoilers%29?p=3192320&viewfull=1#post3192320

My Heavensward lore knowledge is almost nonexistent at this point, but omg this thread is fascinating. xD

Heavensward has turned out to be exceptionally good, especially from a story perspective.  At least in my opinion; you can take that for what it's worth.  But they definitely made sure it was known that the races can mix and that it's not looked upon highly.  But hey, it's Ishgard.  What is?

What we can also infer is that it seems like everyone's relatively similar and has the same plumbing.  It's not like the biology of these characters is different.  Roegadyn aren't made out of rock and Miqo'te don't appear to have barbed penises with which they brutalize the females of the species.  I've heard it said that people would have liked a little more differentiation between the races.

But it appears that they have a common ancestry.

RE: Question about mix races - -no longer matters- - 07-31-2015

Yeah to mirror others opinions here, tha yes it is possible, but would not be socially accepted en masse, the child would be a pariah.

RE: Question about mix races - Qhora Bajihri - 07-31-2015

(07-31-2015, 01:47 PM)Kismet Wrote: However, I don't think said child would have both Miqo'te and Au Ra features. I can't say for sure, as I don't have evidence/confirmation from the lore team, obviously. But I would like to think that what makes sense is that the child would have an appearance that's either distinctly Miqo'te or distinctly Au Ra.

That's how I always imagined it, and still do, despite a certain mongrel's actual existence. Boys take after their father and girls take after their mother a la Lady and the Tramp, and poof, you can mix any race with any other race, and play them as you see fit, and character models and interactions all stay viable, all that changes is the story and background to the character. The mongrel actually throws a wrench into that which makes me sad.

The way that official forums thread goes, I start to think everything's Allag's fault. Eeeverything.

RE: Question about mix races - Roda - 08-01-2015

(07-31-2015, 05:54 PM)Qhora Bajihri Wrote: The way that official forums thread goes, I start to think everything's Allag's fault. Eeeverything.

[Image: 24ce8d8f1d8b2ea3c4b133b02c36d4e7961a3b2b.png]

But my 2 gil.
Having a successful pregnancy would be rare, and if a child was to be successfully birthed into this cruel world it'd have (in this case) scaley kitty ears, scaley patches where the miqote marking are (or marking where the scale parts are), and fur covered + scale covered tail.  Eyes take after whichever parent you want.

RE: Question about mix races - Ignacius - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 03:03 AM)Roda Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 05:54 PM)Qhora Bajihri Wrote: The way that official forums thread goes, I start to think everything's Allag's fault. Eeeverything.

But my 2 gil.
Having a successful pregnancy would be rare, and if a child was to be successfully birthed into this cruel world it'd have (in this case) scaley kitty ears, scaley patches where the miqote marking are (or marking where the scale parts are), and fur covered + scale covered tail.  Eyes take after whichever parent you want.

You know, on that note (and names escape me) but it appears that there is a Miqo'te in the ARR raiding questline who appears to have a royal bloodline trait.  I never finished it, so this could be completely out of left field, but that does make me wonder if the bloodline somehow jumped races due to an interbreeding.

RE: Question about mix races - LiadansWhisper - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 09:16 PM)Ignacius Wrote: You know, on that note (and names escape me) but it appears that there is a Miqo'te in the ARR raiding questline who appears to have a royal bloodline trait.  I never finished it, so this could be completely out of left field, but that does make me wonder if the bloodline somehow jumped races due to an interbreeding.

You're talking about the Miqo'te in the Crystal Tower questline.  I'm not going to spoil it for you, but that's not actually what happened.

RE: Question about mix races - Roda - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 09:16 PM)Ignacius Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 03:03 AM)Roda Wrote:

But my 2 gil.

You know, on that note (and names escape me) but it appears that there is a Miqo'te in the ARR raiding questline who appears to have a royal bloodline trait.  I never finished it, so this could be completely out of left field, but that does make me wonder if the bloodline somehow jumped races due to an interbreeding.

Show Content