Hydaelyn Role-Players
The First Day [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The First Day [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=133)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: The First Day [Open] - Nanapariri - 06-08-2010

Luralel watched the Roedagyn enter and nervously wondered why the Hyur men scattered wondering perhaps if he had a reputation. She didn't move as he walked past and tried not to stare considering he had to be the largest man she had ever seen. Exhaling she began to turn away as he took his order though her sharp ears could tell the barkeeper's action was something amiss. Turning back around she could see from the barkeeper's reaction that he was ready to take the soup back and she looked once again at this man who obiviously needed to consume a large amount to have energy to expend. Luralel sighed and turned around walking to the corner, taking an indescriminate handful of coins from her purse, and she quickly and wordlessly set them on the counter and turned to make a quick retreat hoping she could be a long ways out the door before the large man could protest.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-08-2010

"Orchestraterin'! Why, by the Twelve and then some! I could use people with that kind'a talent, kiddo. You workin' for anybody right now? I happen to be in need of a lawyer an' a lieutenant of sorts, ya see? Someone ta' help manage things." The Sea Wolf smiled at the young woman. His eyes diverted to the different happenings about the room, noticing the hyur women sitting nervously at a table behind him a ways. "Tell ya what... Why doesn't we get up, an give those two ladies back there company?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Eva - 06-08-2010

"Right now? Erm... just odd jobs mostly. It's been slow. I'd be interested in knowin' what sort of work you had in mind though, fer sure."

Her gaze followed his at the table across the room where she spotted the scholarly woman that her business associate had winked at earlier. She bit back a groan, realizing this was not the type of woman she much wanted to associate with, just by the look of her - scholarly - which to her meant condescending and snobbish. But the Sea Wolf had already set his mind on that table, and from observing him in the past she figured he wouldn't likely take no for an answer anyway.

"Alrighty, Mr. Whiskeyjack!" she put on some faux enthusiasm. "I'm Ora, by the way. Ora Nirramor." She grinned, extending her hand.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Smiling River - 06-08-2010

Yecely grinned as she absorbed Myra's words. A journalist knew when words were being used to sway a person one way or the other. "Otherwise they win," Yecely repeated in her head, "wow."

"I'm after a particular story and I doubt I will get any leads here. It's turning into an... interesting day though." She smirked and followed Myra's pointer to the Elezen woman at the bar. It seemed like she was about to leave.
"You want her to join us? Alright... let me go and ask her." Before Myra could reply, Yecely was off her chair, wine glass in hand, walking briskly towards the Elezen.

Yecely tapped her on her arm. "Hey there, I'm Yecely and over there is Myra. Don't worry we aren't trying to sell anything. Would you sit and chat with us, you seem interesting... at least Myra there thinks so." Yecely grinned and gave Myra a quick wink. Myra probably didn't hear what Yecely said, but Yecely found it amusing nonetheless. The wine has worked it's way into her head.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-08-2010

He shook the Elezen girl's hand, giving a surprisingly light handshake as if he had held back, but only enough so that it didn't hurt her. "Rijac Faren, more commonly known as Whiskeyjack. Obviously, I'm inna business of sales, but I also run Two-Patch Exports, Limited - devoted ta bringin' rare products outta' town and to folks all over tha place. Ul'Dah, Gridania, etcetera." He puts his heavy palm on the Elezen's upper back, quite literally covering her upper back, and walks her over towards Myra's table.

"Looky here! More seats!" He sits down and looks at the scholarly Hyur. "Pleased'a meet ya, missy. Names Two-Patch Whiskeyjack. Yers?" He smiles, glancing back down at Ora, "Oh! An Orry, I'm lookin' fer someone t'help with security operations, trade relations, an legal consulting. Already found me a lawyer, now I needs a brainiac, an' with luck, ye'll take my security position."

Re: The First Day [Open] - Nanapariri - 06-09-2010

Luralel blinked a couple of times at the Hyur girl standing before her. It would be good to know some of the inhabitants of Lima Losa if she was to live and work in the city.

"Hello..." she said smiling. "I think that would be nice. I'm Luralel Archsadine."

Re: The First Day [Open] - Smiling River - 06-09-2010

"My name is Yecely, and that's my new friend Myra. Let me introduce you," she sipped her wine and made her way to the table where Myra sat. "See that wasn't difficult," Yecely told Myra and smiled. "Myra this is Luralel, Luralel this is Myra."

While the two exchanged pleasantries Yecely took the chance to finish her wine. "Hey Myra tell her your theory. You know something about women in a larger group?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Kylin - 06-09-2010

Myra sighed as the roegadyn and obnoxious elezen approached her table while Yecely was inviting the new woman to the table. The “herding technique” was accomplished too late. She cursed to herself in her thoughts, took a rather large sip of wine, and then put on a fake smile.

“Hello Two-Patch,” Myra said with little eagerness. “A pleasure to meet you. And you as well…Orry was it? My name is Myra. And while I’m flattered that you see me as a brainiac before even having met me, I’m afraid I must decline your offer. I’ll be starting teaching soon and I prefer my focus to be one hundred percent on my students.”

At that moment, Yecely had returned to the table with the other elezen woman. The wine was clearly starting to have its effect on Yecely as she didn’t even seem to notice the roegadyn or obnoxious elezen at the table before introducing the new woman and saying something else. “Hey Myra tell her your theory. You know something about women in a larger group?”

The hyur wanted to just place her face into the palm of her hand then, but refrained and continued with her forced smile. “Well that’s a theory that won’t be tested today…And it’s a pleasure to meet you Luralel.”

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-09-2010

The Sea Wolf chortles in Myra's face. "Who says you were the kind'a brainiac what I needed, eh? Yer a teacher, aye? I've no use fer teachin' anyone anythin' really... I need a trade representative." He thumbs over at Yecely. "Overheard bits an' pieces of conversation... what about feminism an' all that. She seems a more effective communicator." He leans in towards Myra and whispers, "Oh, and lassy... lot'a that dribble don't work on the smart men. If'n yer plan is to keep men away, wear plain clothes and carry a weapon. Men, 'specially Hyur men, are largely a bunch'a sissies - challenge their physical authority an' ye got em by the fruit, amIright?" He gave her a wink and backed up, looking towards the other two Elezen at the table.

"So, what's yer names? I'm Two-Patch Whiskeyjack!" He boasts.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Eva - 06-09-2010

Taking on a less 'sing-songy' voice, she spoke a bit more deeply than she had up until this point. "And I'm Ora Nirramor, or 'Orry' to my friends," she gave a now-demure smile. Despite the neutral expression on her face, she had seemed somewhat annoyed - perhaps the elezen man who's employing me that had winked at her.

She gave a half-nod to the other two as they returned to the table and re-introduced herself before looking back up at the Sea Wolf. She wanted to speak business, now that she had the man's ear, but she was suddenly concerned about the other two - They might be potential business contracts...

She knew her outburst earlier had annoyed the scholarly-looking woman. She was doing a good job concealing the annoyance now, however. Deciding to maintain the demure appearance, Ora kept her hands over her lap and stood at the table with ladylike grace. Occasionally when Whiskeyjack wasn't looking, she gave the back of his head a quizzical look, as though to signal the others, "I'm not with him." But when he acknowledged her, she simply smiled politely. Her transformation was more or less complete now.

Gesturing slowly to some of the empty glasses on the table, she spoke elegantly again, "May I refill your glasses? And would you like anything, Mr. Whiskeyjack?"

He looked up at Ora, then fished around his pockets. He handed the girl enough gil to buy a round for the table. "Whiskey, please." He turned around to face her, his back to the others, then spoke quietly. "You say you got skills, eh? Give me a perimeter sweep of the bar, let me know who looks fishy, who looks like potential business, etcetera. Get yerself somethin' ta drink an' eat on me." He turned back to Myra and the others.

"Now... where were we!" And smiled.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Renaise - 06-09-2010

The door of the Drowning Wench burst open with some force and Isha "Doc" Daifu stood in the doorway with a suprised expression on his face. He looked quizzically at the doorframe. "Hmm..." he said to noone in particular. "Perhaps that was a bit too much force to make a subtle entrance." Doc was speaking to himself outloud and was completely oblivious to the stares that the patrons were now giving him.

"Perhaps... no... yes, try again..." Doc nodded, again to noone and left closing the door behind him. A moment later the door slowly opened. Doc grinned triumphantly, "There... better." and he entered the establishment and looked around. "Hmmm, an inn, or tavern of some kind, this place certainly is interesting, I wish I had visited sooner. Then again I don't know if I would have liked it before, but now... people..." He smiled, "Yes people, wonderful fascinating people. This is a good place to be."

One of the staff, who obviously was very brave, inquisitive or just hadnt been paying attention, approached him. "Welcome sir, can I get you anything?" Doc looked the woman up and down and smiled in the way a person would smile after just completing a difficult puzzle. "No... oh wait! Yes... some ummm..." he looked around at what other people were having, most of it being alchohol based he dismissed the thought, "Well ill have some water. Could you bring it to my table please, ill be sitting..." He pointed to a place at random which happened to be quite near where whiskyjack and the others were now chatting. "There... seems good, yes, noisy, not much room, perfect. Over there please." The woman smiled and left while Doc pulled up a chair at the small table that was free. He then decided to sit and listen for a while, there was no better way to get the lay of the land than to listen to idle chatter and gossip.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Smiling River - 06-09-2010

Yecely gazed up at Two-Patch Whiskeyjack, "Yecely. I won't be refilling this glass," she raised her large empty glass which used to have wine in it. "It's the middle of the day." She looked at Myra who seemed to be uncomfortable with Whiskeyjack hanging around next to her. "Pardon me," she said to Luralel as she left her side. She came closer to Whiskeyjack and tapped him on the arm, beckoning him to lean in. Once he did, she whispered "see that table over there," she pointed to a table near the wall with her eyes where she sat before joining Myra. It still had some of her things on it, newspapers mostly. "Can I have word with you?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Aveline - 06-09-2010

Having finally procured a glass of wine and a small sandwich from the bar, Oryn glanced back at the small group WhiskeyJack had amassed around him. The man is like a celestial orb ... pulling in smaller planets, Oryn thought to himself. Well, the man had given him a large sum for books and had more or less hired his services as a legal adviser.. he may as well find out what this was all about.

Gathering up his books and deftly balancing the sandwich on top, Oryn picked up the wine with the other hand and moved over to the table where Two-Patch was holding court, trying to pick up on the others' names. He winced visibly as yet another burly man burst through the door, but relaxed slightly when he saw the newcomer was not evidently part of Two-Patch's entourage.

Show Content

He nodded and looked back towards the table, affording "doc" a quick glance, then he looked back to Yecely. "Well everyone, if'n ye'll excuse me..." He followed the woman over to the table and glanced at all of the journalistic detritus littering the space. "What'll it be, missy?"