Hydaelyn Role-Players
Miqo'te headcanon: Forehead booping! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Miqo'te headcanon: Forehead booping! (/showthread.php?tid=14651)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Miqo'te headcanon: Forehead booping! - Pascaleret - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 08:23 AM)Lothaire Wrote: if miqote were racoon people instead Id fantasia EVERYTHINg.

All you gotta do is make a grey miqo'te with the black stripe face paint and then you can go around raiding FC house trash cans.

RE: Miqo'te headcanon: Forehead booping! - Kellach Woods - 12-20-2015

Only Miqo'tes deny that they are actually cats. Top academics from the entire realm have studied the link between cats and Miqo'tes and keep finding new ancestral links between cats and Miqo'tes.

That being said, ancestral link does not mean "clearly a cat".

In so far as forehead boopage is concerned, I'd say it'd be more of a regional/tribal thing. Like a certain region with different tribes did that, or it was related to a particular tribe, one that is likely closer to cats as their letter animal. I'd say a subsection of the Coeurl tribe maybe?

RE: Miqo'te headcanon: Forehead booping! - FreelanceWizard - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 09:30 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: In so far as forehead boopage is concerned, I'd say it'd be more of a regional/tribal thing. Like a certain region with different tribes did that, or it was related to a particular tribe, one that is likely closer to cats as their letter animal. I'd say a subsection of the Coeurl tribe maybe?

One of the best parts of the miqo'te lore is that you have all the different territories within the Seeker tribes as well as all the different family branches within the Keeper families, each of which can have its own traditions and behaviors. So, if you want forehead booping, you can totally do it. Smile If you don't want it, then you can totally also do that, and if your character would think it's weird IC (L'yhta: "Hey! Stop trying to headbutt me! What's /wrong/ with you?"), that could be a source of some interesting RP.

In terms of connecting to the known lore, I think it would make sense for a group of miqo'te who were more feline. Since the different tribe names are related to the totemic animals of the tribe, it makes perfect sense that, as Kell points out, some Coeurl groups might do that -- not instinctively, but as a cultural tradition. Perhaps they don't even know why they do it, just that they do and they always have. After all, it's not like most Eorzeans are especially educated, and we're talking about a tradition that could go back to at least the Fifth Umbral Era. On the Keeper side of the house, one could easily have a family branch with that tradition for any number of reasons. Sadly, Keeper lore isn't quite as developed as Seeker lore, so there's less in the lore to hang the tradition on.

RE: Miqo'te headcanon: Forehead booping! - Kellach Woods - 12-20-2015

Hell, you can even change the meaning if you're so inclined. A Miqo tribe that has a charging animal as an letter could forehead boop as an attack or a challenge.