Hydaelyn Role-Players
Curiosity and the Cat [Open; Non-Canon] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Curiosity and the Cat [Open; Non-Canon] (/showthread.php?tid=1480)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Curiosity and the Cat [Open; Non-Canon] - Vareal - 12-09-2012

Isaac's ears perked and his face lit up with a beaming smile. "Tea is it? I'd love some!" He turned his head to the Midlander clinging to his arm. "How 'bout it Kali?" The woman, Kali, leaned up and whispered something into his ear.

Isaac's brow furrowed and in mock exasperation said, "Oh come on, no one is going to know that you're from--" She gently elbowed him in the side to silence him. "Fine, be that way," Isaac pried her hands from his arm and plopped rather unceremoniously onto the ground; sitting cross legged he folded his arms. "I'm staying." He looked about at the company gathered. "I apologize, she can be rather unsociable. Oh, and where are my manners, My name is Isaac Vadoma and this is Kali, Kali Syeira. We saw you all from in the woods over there and thought that perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing your fire," Isaac removed a leather pouch that was strung to his belt and held it up for all to see. "I brought fish."

Re: Curiosity and the Cat [Open; Non-Canon] - Eva - 12-11-2012

Eva glanced up as the newcomer made himself at home around the campfire. Her smile withered a bit as she reached into her satchel and withdrew another tin cup and poured the steaming beverage from the kettle into it.

As oddly comfortable as he seemed amidst a group of strangers, his traveling companion seemed just the opposite - or maybe just appropriately wary. It was hard to really tell.

"Isaac Vadoma, and Kali Syeira," she spoke the words slowly, violet eyes glimpsing each individual momentarily in turn. "Isaac, it's nice to make your acquaintance. And you as well Kali." She had found that repeating the name several times during introductions helped her to retain it in her memory. It had frustrated her to no end that she was so terrible at remembering peoples' names. "They call me Eva." She shook her head a bit, as though sloughing off the shock of this fellow's sudden arrival and spirited attempt to integrate himself with everyone. "Oh, and this is E'iri whom we've just met for the first time this eve, and these two ladies wearing scowls for some reason are A'eyshn and Manari." She motioned to each of the miqo'te in turn, smiling, and arching her eyebrow inquisitively at the Keeper for a moment as though the frown looked somewhat out of place on her face.

"We're done with the fire I think, if you want to cook your fish. Or there's quite a bit of the roasted dodo left if you want to help yourselves. I should warn you - it's a bit spicy though."

She turned to face E'iri again, her smile returning steadily to her face as she spoke, "You never said where you were headed or what you were up to this eve, aside from that you live somewhere nearby. I hope I'm not rude to ask, but what brought you out here anyway, aside from the food?" She smiled politely at E'iri, awaiting his response.

Re: Curiosity and the Cat [Open; Non-Canon] - E'irawen - 12-20-2012

Show Content

E'iri had kept quiet for most of this bantering, even through the addition of a new friend or two. He hadn't anything to say, preferring to listen anyway. It wasn't until Eva had addressed him directly that he popped back into reality, ears perking up, as he thought of an answer.

"Ah.." he thought for a moment. Truthfully, he had only been hunting for food. Nothing more, nothing less. There just hadn't been much to hunt lately...and thus he ended up at the camp, enticed by the smell of roasted dodo. "I just wanted to eat," he replied, staring over at her with a doe-like gaze. "That's all. I was hungry. It is getting too late to be travelling alone for anything else."