Hydaelyn Role-Players
What games are you playing/looking forward to? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What games are you playing/looking forward to? (/showthread.php?tid=2051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Varus - 06-02-2013

(06-02-2013, 10:21 PM)Beatric Reid Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 01:28 PM)Observant Wrote: And, is TSW RP really as good as you say? I remember being super excited by it, buying /Grand Master/ back in the day, and then stopping like a month in due to lack of RP. Has it matured much now?

I personally feel that it's as terrible as it has been at launch. Everyone's still playing sexy Harry Potter, and RP typically just consists of lots of hanging out in a bar, talking about how demon possessed they are. (True story)

It's a large reason why I don't really play much at all anymore.
Yeah I definitely understand. Had to shove past all the tavern/bar RP fluff before you could get to the real meat of the community.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Ryanti - 06-03-2013

(06-02-2013, 10:36 PM)Tyonis Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 10:21 PM)Beatric Reid Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 01:28 PM)Observant Wrote: And, is TSW RP really as good as you say? I remember being super excited by it, buying /Grand Master/ back in the day, and then stopping like a month in due to lack of RP. Has it matured much now?

I personally feel that it's as terrible as it has been at launch. Everyone's still playing sexy Harry Potter, and RP typically just consists of lots of hanging out in a bar, talking about how demon possessed they are. (True story)

It's a large reason why I don't really play much at all anymore.
Yeah I definitely understand. Had to shove past all the tavern/bar RP fluff before you could get to the real meat of the community.

Trying to RP in TSW felt like.. being in an ocean of Lovecraft Hipsters, cigarettes, demons, doom, and... skinny jeans.

.... Yeeaaaaaaah. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's TSW. Maybe I just don't like Lovecraft. At all.

But eh.. I played it for a week. It's meh.

I can play great American MMO's but my artistic style and storytelling perspective will always be... JRPG'ish. It's just my home and where I belong in the course of styles. Which is why I put more work then average on this character here.

FFXIV is the only MMO where I'm not teased silly by the community because my character is a bishonen or 'anime inspired'.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Orlog - 06-03-2013

(06-03-2013, 01:59 AM)Ryanti Wrote: Maybe I just don't like Lovecraft. At all.

BLASPHEMY.

Seriously, though. I loved the idea behind The Secret World. In Theory, it was game just made for myself and Misericorde. The problem is that the founding idea behind it only truly stayed around for Solomon island (which I still absolutely adore).

I mean, Egypt was kind of interesting, but I didn't really feel like it belonged in the game. And Transylvania was only interesting in Besieged Farmlands where we at least got to meet some interesting mythological creatures before diving head first into a shit ton of vampire and werewolf territory. Ugh, it was awful.

With that being said, I uninstalled it for the time being. I'm still keeping a close eye out on it, and have every intention on going back when new content is released, but I usually breeze through that shit in day.

Also, I'd like to note, what the hell are the devs doing with the clothing options? They started out alright, but lately they've just been going off the deep end.

*Ahem* ... Wall 'o text.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Gospel Gestalt - 06-03-2013

I've been playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to pass the time.

[Image: iBeaBHA.jpg]

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Varus - 06-03-2013

I should probably say that Dragon's Prophet is kinda, meh.

Also, yeah lately TSW clothing has gone over to the crazy side.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - DimmerMeerkat - 06-03-2013

I'm playing ArcheAge (KR) at the moment. Big Grin

Headed back to Aion for 4.0.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Moonfire - 06-05-2013

I tried starting several MMOs that I hadn't played before but it was hard to want to put time into leveling when I know I am going to be leaving in August (maybe sooner if I get into beta.)

I joined up with some friends of mine to play Rift again. Hoping to get from 50-60 and see the new content. The new dimensions (housing) is pretty fun and it only costs in game money.

Very interested in TESO and Wildstar too.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Valan - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 04:38 PM)Moonfire Wrote: I tried starting several MMOs that I hadn't played before but it was hard to want to put time into leveling when I know I am going to be leaving in August (maybe sooner if I get into beta.)

same for me.
why join in games and communities if I will leave everything in august?

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Kari Illderthane - 06-05-2013

This sums up my EVE online experiance which I tried a few hours ago.[Image: I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing.jpg]

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - TheLastCandle - 06-05-2013

I've been sort of playing Neverwinter, but I've grown a bit bored with it already. I gave it the ol' college try because I'm a long-time fan of Forgotten Realms lore (despite much of it being butchered in the shift to 4E) but I think my hopes were too high. There will never be anything quite like NWN's persistent world communities were in that game's heyday. Sad

As for MMO's I'm looking forward to: ARR (of course!) which is going to be my one and only MMO. I can juggle an MMO with single player gaming, but not multiple MMO's. I'll admit to some interest in Elder Scrolls Online, though.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Rhostel - 06-05-2013

Actually, to be honest, right now I'm not playing anything really. Between my insomnia, drawing and rediscovered obsession for Exalted, I can't concentrate on videomagamings.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - LandStander - 06-05-2013

(06-03-2013, 05:43 PM)DimmerMeerkat Wrote: I'm playing ArcheAge (KR) at the moment. Big Grin

Headed back to Aion for 4.0.
 Surprise I wanna play ArcheAge. Teach me Korean! I am currently just playing single player games, mostly on the Vita (which means I am basically playing PSP games because Vita has no games Tongue lol). I am interested in The Repopulation, Black Desert, and Archeage though. We shall see what the future holds.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Ronberku - 06-06-2013

(06-03-2013, 05:31 PM)Gospel Gestalt Wrote: I've been playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to pass the time.

[Image: iBeaBHA.jpg]

A fellow Dragon's dogma player! Let me hire your pawn! lol
I've been playing it off and on myself. It's really a good and enjoyable game.

My character
[Image: 33Pc7sNO]

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Varus - 06-06-2013

(06-05-2013, 05:26 PM)Kari Illderthane Wrote: This sums up my EVE online experiance which I tried a few hours ago.[Image: I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing.jpg]
This, so much this.

RE: What MMOs are you playing/looking forward to? - Orlog - 06-07-2013

Oh! I forgot one. Rift is going to be F2P soon and they extended the free weekend until the date... so it's essentially free now. I'm messing around on it here and there. It has some pretty interesting concepts and I really love the range of classes and how much you're allowed to (or not) dive into them.