Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency (/showthread.php?tid=2440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Uther - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 09:05 PM)Nate is Blue Wrote: The only thing I can think of is people wanting to rubberneck and /popcorn at potential drama or paranoia the that Big Bad Linkshell Leaders are out to get them.

Well no one's out to get anyone, because no one can get anyone. It's ridiculous to think that anyone in this game and it's community has legitimate power over anything other than their own character. 

That being said, I want transparency, not because I think they're the government and trying to conspire against me, but because it seems very cliquish to me to have secret conversations which could possibly be about some of us and the linkshells we affiliate with and keep it a secret. It's a manners thing, not a security thing.

To me, it comes down to "What makes you better than the rest of us? Oh, right: nothing." I understand the need for organization between linkshells in a roleplay capacity so I'm not going to belly ache about the meetings themselves, but there's nothing so important in there that us puny mortals have to be left out.

That's how I feel about it at least. Maybe I'm crazy.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Aysun - 06-26-2013

I can't believe there is all this being raised over them redacting things. Especially from you Deirdre? You seemed ok with redacting all of your comments here...

While I think in future it would be better if the leaders approached it in a fashion that is more like "if the rest of the community can't see it we probably shouldn't talk about it," the redacting and such was agreed upon by the leaders present because the topic was sensitive. Can we move on? It's really not that huge of a deal, and in future they can handle it differently.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Deirdre - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 09:53 PM)Aysun Wrote: I can't believe there is all this being raised over them redacting things. Especially from you Deirdre? You seemed ok with redacting all of your comments here...

While I think in future it would be better if the leaders approached it in a fashion that is more lik e"if the rest of the community can't see it we probably shouldn't talk about it," the redacting and such was agreed upon by the leaders present because the topic was sensitive. Can we move on? It's really not that huge of a deal, and in future they can handle it differently.

Well it's a good thing I'm not a Linkshell Leader participating in open talks, eh Aysun?
And apparently to some people yes, this is an issue. That is why the topic was brought up and that's why it is being dealt with.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - faceman7381 - 06-26-2013

I remain indifferent as a Linkshell Leader.

To be honest, it is whatever the community wants, I agree with.

But, I will also follow any rules and guidelines set out for these meetings.

In its best form, this site should be nothing more than a place for other RPers to meet other RPers and display their character ideas and stories. 

As it seems right now, with server choices, leader meeting etc., maybe it is best to consider just scaling back to where it is just that?

I don't know, just a thought.

Anyways, everyone is doing a good job!

Keep up the good work!

Konner

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Uther - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 09:56 PM)Deirdre Wrote: And apparently to some people yes, this is an issue. That is why the topic was brought up and that's why it is being dealt with.

This is one thing I can't stress enough. Any time any issue seems to come up, everyone gets so terrified of disagreement that they try to shoot it down and pretend it never happened.

People will always disagree. The only way to come to any sensible solution is to let people discuss it. 

We're not children and we don't need kid gloves. We're adults with opinions and ideas and those can't be properly presented if any sort of difference is immediately snuffed out for fear of hurting someone's feelings. Everyone should know that none of this is personal before even going into a discussion. But discussions need to happen or everyone will remain pissed off forever.

(06-26-2013, 10:04 PM)faceman7381 Wrote: this site should be nothing more than a place for other RPers to meet other RPers and display their character ideas and stories. 

Also this. For the love of god. This. ^^^^^

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Alothia - 06-26-2013

Apparently it's a problem for more than just Deirdre. Other people feel like there are things that are being said that should be public knowledge. I think that this thread is pretty even headed, doesn't really call anyone in particular out, and seems to be provoking a good discussion that hasn't devolved into an argument.

With that said, I have to commend everyone in this thread who has responded to this in a level headed manner. If more of our threads went this way, I'd be a happy mod indeed. Smile

(06-26-2013, 09:56 PM)Deirdre Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 09:53 PM)Aysun Wrote: I can't believe there is all this being raised over them redacting things. Especially from you Deirdre? You seemed ok with redacting all of your comments here...

While I think in future it would be better if the leaders approached it in a fashion that is more lik e"if the rest of the community can't see it we probably shouldn't talk about it," the redacting and such was agreed upon by the leaders present because the topic was sensitive. Can we move on? It's really not that huge of a deal, and in future they can handle it differently.

Well it's a good thing I'm not a Linkshell Leader participating in open talks, eh Aysun?
And apparently to some people yes, this is an issue. That is why the topic was brought up and that's why it is being dealt with.

"It is a good divine that follows his own instructions."  ~William Shakespeare

My point really is that this has totally gotten blown out of proportion and is just downright silly at this point. Smile There's discussion, there's expression of opinion.. and then there's these hostile "I'm right and you're wrong and hiding something" posts. That's when it just gets silly.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Alothia - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 10:14 PM)Aysun Wrote: My point really is that this has totally gotten blown out of proportion and is just downright silly at this point. Smile

I don't think that this has gotten blown out of proportion at all. No one here is trying to start an argument at all. We're all having a conversation here like adults.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Deirdre - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 10:14 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 09:56 PM)Deirdre Wrote:

"It is a good divine that follows his own instructions."  ~William Shakespeare

My point really is that this has totally gotten blown out of proportion and is just downright silly at this point. Smile There's discussion, there's expression of opinion.. and then there's these hostile "I'm right and you're wrong and hiding something" posts. That's when it just gets silly.

Sorry but this thread was fine until you posted.
You just made the thread all of the things you are calling it out for.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Xenedra - 06-26-2013

So, it's finger pointing time? Pretty sure that's where these things start to spiral out of control. We already had to lock a thread yesterday, can we avoid it today, PLEASE?

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Kylin - 06-26-2013

Ok, I did not notice that the end got entirely lopped off there. That is indeed a forum character limit restriction in play and nothing else. I'll have to see if it'll let me add the rest in (or make a second post with the rest). Wish someone would have clearly pointed that part out in the beginning Laugh

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Gerik - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 09:05 PM)Nate is Blue Wrote: I think I'm going to have an unpopular opinion here, but I don't see the big hullabaloo about the need for "transparency."  They are not the RP Police.  It's been pretty clearly stated that they aren't here to enforce or make rules, only to facilitate communication between Linkshells.  So why do people feel the need to know everything that goes on between meetings?  The only thing I can think of is people wanting to rubberneck and /popcorn at potential drama or paranoia the that Big Bad Linkshell Leaders are out to get them.

I'm gonna agree here. To be honest, the stuff that gets redacted or edited is to avoid drama. You'll recall in our first LS Leader meeting minutes a certain "individual" came up, and in fact the entire purpose of being vague was to avoid drama.

Quote:Regarding an individual: A specific individual was brought up in the meeting due to various negative interactions between said individual and several linkshells/individuals, including accusations of attempted sabotage toward the RPC in general. This is considered one of those rare topics that will not be fully disclosed publicly in the meeting logs/summaries in order to minimize drama. However, in order to maintain transparency, any member of the RPC is more than welcome to contact me and receive a copy/pasted summary/statement about this discussed issue privately. Note that no name will be revealed in this statement, however.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Curtis West - 06-26-2013

hehe I tried as soon as I found it / read it Angel

The posts I read earlier in the day were quite hostile. I suppose my problem with most of this is the tone your posts appeared to have with Kylin initially, and the fact that it was posted in a completely unrelated topic. If the tone was unintenional, then great. As much as people get after me about my tone, it bothers me when it's just okay for others to do it.

RE: Linkshell Leader Meeting Transparency - Edricane - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 10:28 PM)Aysun Wrote: The posts I read earlier in the day were quite hostile. I suppose my problem with most of this is the tone your posts appeared to have with Kylin initially, and the fact that it was posted in a completely unrelated topic. If the tone was unintenional, then great. As much as people get after me about my tone, it bothers me when it's just okay for others to do it.

Alright, this is a forum, everything is written down. You can not take tone from something that is written. Unless someone is outright attacking someone else, there is no reason what so ever to assume someones tone over a forum. More choice words probably could be used in addressing things, but it's your choice to take the words as you want to. I see no attacks on anyone. Take a breath, step back when you read a post and try to see it from other angles. As it is said, we are all adults, please be adults, keep to the subject.