Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read (/showthread.php?tid=2594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Vashies Alexander - 07-04-2013

(07-03-2013, 11:13 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:00 PM)Vashies Alexander Wrote: i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!
I like it. Perhaps open it to all rpers guilded or not?
Oh yea for every one i for there is some people out there that solo rp.

(07-04-2013, 02:56 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Hmmm.....you know I really like Vaschies idea.

What do you all think of the launch event being a meet and greet, but also a feast or festival? I was thinking of doing something like this. Perhaps a feast or festival basically celebrating those who survived the Calamity, being thankful that we have and celebrating lost ones that were lost because of the incident. I think it would also set down a sense of family for the server and perhaps even could be turned into a server holiday or something? Maybe even some sort of giveaway of low level items for newbies as contributing to the welfare of refugees who lost their homes during the Calamity as well. It gives a good reason to practice your crafting during Phase 4 and really helps the crafters be a part of driving the roleplay on the server.

Perhaps since we are the -secondary- server we can use this to our advantage and really give the server a small town "everybody knows everbody family kind of feel". Very intimate.

Let me know what you guys who are playing on Gilgamesh think about this.
If you like to do this for phase 4 then i would suggest waiting one week after phase 4. To give time for the new payers and beta testers time get their air pass. Since Ul 'Dah is like the place to be i think the event should be there. all so i will be there in the gilgamesh sever come phase 4.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Razamir Lahoka - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 02:56 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Hmmm.....you know I really like Vaschies idea.

What do you all think of the launch event being a meet and greet, but also a feast or festival? I was thinking of doing something like this. Perhaps a feast or festival basically celebrating those who survived the Calamity, being thankful that we have and celebrating lost ones that were lost because of the incident. I think it would also set down a sense of family for the server and perhaps even could be turned into a server holiday or something? Maybe even some sort of giveaway of low level items for newbies as contributing to the welfare of refugees who lost their homes during the Calamity as well. It gives a good reason to practice your crafting during Phase 4 and really helps the crafters be a part of driving the roleplay on the server.

Perhaps since we are the -secondary- server we can use this to our advantage and really give the server a small town "everybody knows everbody family kind of feel". Very intimate.

i think this is a great idea. Keep up the good work.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 03:54 PM)Vashies Alexander Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:13 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:00 PM)Vashies Alexander Wrote: i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!
I like it. Perhaps open it to all rpers guilded or not?
Oh yea for every one i for there is some people out there that solo rp.

If you like to do this for phase 4 then i would suggest waiting one week after phase 4. To give time for the new payers and beta testers time get their air pass. Since Ul 'Dah is like the place to be i think the event should be there. all so i will be there in the gilgamesh sever come phase 4.
 This? No I'd like to do this during the week of official launch. but we can do something during phase 4.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Vashies Alexander - 07-04-2013

ah ok thought you where trying do this for phase 4..... well you can do the same idea for phase 4 for as a test run.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Varus - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 04:17 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:  This? No I'd like to do this during the week of official launch. but we can do something during phase 4.

It would probably be a good idea to hold this after official launch, that way we get the most participants possible. And it would be a great way to promote Gilgamesh as one of the Non-Legacy RP servers.

If you guys want to do an Open Beta (Beta 4), I suggest a crafting/shopping meet-and-greet oriented event to jumpstart the economy.

(07-04-2013, 04:23 PM)Tyonis Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 04:17 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:  This? No I'd like to do this during the week of official launch. but we can do something during phase 4.

It would probably be a good idea to hold this after official launch, that way we get the most participants possible. And it would be a great way to promote Gilgamesh as one of the Non-Legacy RP servers.

If you guys want to do an Open Beta (Beta 4), I suggest a crafting/shopping meet-and-greet oriented event to jumpstart the economy.
ah this is a great idea! we could do this.

(07-04-2013, 04:23 PM)Tyonis Wrote:

I like this idea! Perhaps the Silver Anvil can help with this? Hint hint?

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Asyria - 07-04-2013

Silver Anvil needs more members before it can help with anything! :O
So far it's got 2 and a half (I count as half because I still haven't figured out what I'm doing with all my characters o_o).

Would be a good idea though.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Vee - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 05:53 PM)Asyria Wrote: Silver Anvil needs more members before it can help with anything! :O
So far it's got 2 and a half (I count as half because I still haven't figured out what I'm doing with all my characters o_o).

Would be a good idea though.

I'll be rolling one of my characters (Lalafel - Dunesfolk!) on Gilgamesh who will end up being a Whm/Weaver in a nutshell, from the sounds if it if Silver Anvil is a 'crafting guild' I'll have to look into them more. Big Grin

Thinking about putting together a server Linkshell for all the roleplayers, basically our own rp chat channel oocly.

What do you all think of this and if you like the idea any suggestions for names of the linkshell would be appreciated!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Elisea Renyven - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 06:58 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Thinking about putting together a server Linkshell for all the roleplayers, basically our own rp chat channel oocly.

What do you all think of this and if you like the idea any suggestions for names of the linkshell would be appreciated!

That is a very good initial start Rock, I might also suggest maybe an IC Linkshell for RP when not around physically. It can help for those that want a little rp fix while leveling.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - MrHeat - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 07:01 PM)Ryaadi Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 06:58 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Thinking about putting together a server Linkshell for all the roleplayers, basically our own rp chat channel oocly.

That is a very good initial start Rock, I might also suggest maybe an IC Linkshell for RP when not around physically. It can help for those that want a little rp fix while leveling.
I think both ideas are good ones. Never a bad thing to have more options. As for names hmm. The break room? Lol

(07-04-2013, 07:49 PM)MrHeat Wrote:

I think both ideas are good ones. Never a bad thing to have more options. As for names hmm. The break room? Lol
 I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Kossori - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 08:07 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 07:49 PM)MrHeat Wrote:

I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

You can have multiple Linkshells, like up to six maybe? Maybe more?

I had one for my Guild and had one for another group I frequently partied with.

They just act like chat channels, really.

I'd wear my RPC Linkshell proud right next to my Free Companies Linkshell for sure.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Jayce Lightfall - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 08:07 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:  I like both ideas myself, now what to name them, and can a person have two linkshells? I mean if one of you guys wants to start one of these go right ahead you know?

I believe a player can have:

5 Linkshells
1 Free Company

Correct me if I'm wrong, just stating what I've heard. Big Grin