Hydaelyn Role-Players
Stop playing with our hearts square - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Stop playing with our hearts square (/showthread.php?tid=3726)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - CallmeYahweh - 08-19-2013

It's a deceptively long wait between now and early access.

I'll be getting some last minute writing/editing in between bouts of Persona 4 Golden (gotta get dat new ending, mang!) and any number of the Steam games collecting dust in my library.

Strangely enough I've been thinking about playing FF6 again. Odd.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - LiadansWhisper - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 07:38 PM)Koyu Wrote: My Ex moved to Moon Guard, from what I heard it's pretty awesome for RP, you just have to avoid GS. Annd from my experience, I never RP'd in GS to begin with anyways.. Probably because I was Horde... Hrmmm..

AND JOVE! I'd say VI (Because, I mean, 8-bit Opera, Ultros, and Kefka? Duh.) Oooor VIII, but I'm bias because the previous FFs kinda hurt my eyes with their 1980s graphics... and FFVI is my nostalgia thingy, so there's that.

Well, this may make you horrified, but now WrA's Goldshire and MG's Goldshire are one and the same.  Thank you, CRZ.  Rolleyes

(08-19-2013, 07:39 PM)CallmeYahweh Wrote: It's a deceptively long wait between now and early access.

I'll be getting some last minute writing/editing in between bouts of Persona 4 Golden (gotta get dat new ending, mang!) and any number of the Steam games collecting dust in my library.  

Strangely enough I've been thinking about playing FF6 again.  Odd.

I found the PSU in the storage room in my house, thinking maybe I could play FFX or something.  But...there's no controller.  LOL

I fail!  Frustrated

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Crow Bookkeep - 08-19-2013

To anyone who has no idea of what to do and is going crazy I would recommend reading a book. I am reading the 4th book in the "Game of Thrones" series and it is awesome, and keeps me occupied.

Edit: If anyone wants a couple suggestions I would recommend either The Lord of the Rings series or "Game of Thrones" series. For LotR the books are really good even if you've seen the movies, tons more detail which makes the world come to life. Game of Thrones is great also (If you've watched the first 3 seasons and want to start reading the book don't start right at the 4th book as the 3rd season is still ongoing in the 3rd book and there will be a lot of "spoilers" and confusion)

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Teardrop - 08-19-2013

Space Hulk on the PC Smile

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Quuyn - 08-19-2013

This is another one of those times I feel like I'm clogging a thread with my nonsense...

Quote:Well, this may make you horrified, but now WrA's Goldshire and MG's Goldshire are one and the same.  Thank you, CRZ.  [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Good thing I quit WoW when GW2 came out! - And let's all just hope GS doesn't evolve in FFXIV. We already have enough server capacity issues, thanks!

Quote:To anyone who has no idea of what to do and is going crazy I would recommend reading a book. I am reading the 4th book in the "Game of Thrones" series and it is awesome, and keeps me occupied.

I second this motion! My roommate is leaving, so I'm all alone for the next 10 days, and I can -only- read when I'm alone (It's a personal issue, dun judge) So I'm probably going to do my best to finish "Dwarves" by Markus Heitz which is a -very- good book if you like Magic and crap. It's like... Lord of the Rings, except about a Dwarf instead of Frodo.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Felix Sideris - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 07:39 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 07:28 PM)Felix Sideris Wrote: I was on Moon Guard. Nothing was as bad as Goldshire -_-

hahah, that's true.  But I never went there except to kill Alliance, soooo...  xD

Well, and the one time that DK's were bugged and could target members of their own faction with Frost Fever and Blood Plague and were slaughtering lowbies all over Stormwind and Elwynn.  The bones in the Goldshire Inn were up to my hips.  xD
Yeah..I played on alliance and horde, faction changed a couple times. Was fun. Was. But the RP died out for me in Wrath.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Selsix - 08-19-2013

Well, I was super busy running all over town today, that helped.

Tomorrow I have a job interview with AAA...

And uh... The rest of the week? I suppose I'll spend it finishing my nostalgia run of Final Fantasy IX, I just started Disc 3, if I use it sparingly that should last me...

...OH WHO AM I KIDDING. CAN WE PLAY AGAIN YET?! /twitch

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - S'demyx Tia - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 06:52 PM)Koyu Wrote: ... Mayhaps draft someone into drawing my character (Passed out, of course.) ...
"I'll draw you like one of my french girls, Rose~"

Oh man if we're talkin' books, be very careful. I can talk for hours on books.

Game of Thrones is great. I don't get into the massive fantasy epics much these days though. In no particular order may I suggest: Light (M. John Harrison), The Chronicles of Amber (Roger Zelazny), Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock), anything by Hunter S. Thompson, (though I have a special place in my heart for Better than Sex, and Songs of the Doomed!), Glory Road (Robert Heinlein), etc.

The list goes on and on and on.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Ari Kagon - 08-19-2013

I will be watching a lot of anime on my tablet. Maybe play around with my new art app on the tablet as well if inspiration strikes.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Quuyn - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 07:59 PM)S Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 06:52 PM)Koyu Wrote: ... Mayhaps draft someone into drawing my character (Passed out, of course.) ...
"I'll draw you like one of my french girls, Rose~"

"Wearing this... Wearing, only. This."

Leaves that to the imagination.

Cough.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Falkner - 08-19-2013

Wow you folks all lead a good life apparently!
Or at least know how to find your own happiness, yay! Big Grin

I'll just be making meatballs as usual, business business... maybe while reminiscing about how I joined in a Sastasha run with cleric stance active (and the dead tank in the process), or that strange times at Tam-Tara where the rest of the party are named Fox Chan, Darling Chan, and Monster Chan...

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Zethie - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 07:59 PM)CallmeYahweh Wrote: Oh man if we're talkin' books, be very careful.  I can talk for hours on books.

Game of Thrones is great.  I don't get into the massive fantasy epics much these days though.  In no particular order may I suggest: Light (M. John Harrison), The Chronicles of Amber (Roger Zelazny), Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock), anything by Hunter S. Thompson, (though I have a special place in my heart for Better than Sex, and Songs of the Doomed!), Glory Road (Robert Heinlein), etc.  

Books? Give me a few ideas of what to read please? Been wanting to read a few new series lately.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Felix Sideris - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 08:19 PM)Zethie Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 07:59 PM)CallmeYahweh Wrote: Oh man if we're talkin' books, be very careful.  I can talk for hours on books.

Game of Thrones is great.  I don't get into the massive fantasy epics much these days though.  In no particular order may I suggest: Light (M. John Harrison), The Chronicles of Amber (Roger Zelazny), Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock), anything by Hunter S. Thompson, (though I have a special place in my heart for Better than Sex, and Songs of the Doomed!), Glory Road (Robert Heinlein), etc.  

Books? Give me a few ideas of what to read please? Been wanting to read a few new series lately.
The Stormcaller by Tom Lloyd (book one of the twilight reign) is pretty good. I'm only on like chapter three but so far it is pretty interesting.

(08-19-2013, 08:19 PM)Zethie Wrote:

What sort of books do you enjoy reading? I read from a very wide variety of stuff so I'm just as comfortable reading something like Gaiman's Coraline, as I am Ballard's Crash. But if you've got a preference to fantasy/scifi/nonfic/horror/whathaveyou, lemme know and I'll see what I can dig up out of the old library.