Hydaelyn Role-Players
Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? (/showthread.php?tid=4377)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - Jove - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 06:01 PM)Devin Farraday Wrote: Jove, 

I'm sorry to respond to only -one- bit of this amazing post (I'm framing it, I really am) but I read it at a bad time... as in, one foot out the door for a night class. My friend and I are, of course, going to be very subtle about things; only going after targets in full hoods and cloaks and masks, unless they're absolutely certain they can win. 

As for the fairies, Selene's going to come in really handy with silencing their target, who's a mage. 

I'd been sort of jumping between Summoner and Scholar for a bit, but your post clinched it. If Garleans think Primals are evil, even a deep cover one wouldn't summon an Egi. Hell, his best friend was nearly killed in the Calamity.

No problem! I quite like the idea of masked bounty hunters (and there's some pretty good in game masks to RP that).

I came to the same conclusion a while a go when I read the Summoner's description, I mean if the Garlean command found a soldier within their ranks attempting to perform such magic, I'm sure it would be a show trial and charges of treason. I wouldn't be surprised if that soldier was betrayed by his comrades out of sheer fear of anything even remotely affiliated to the Primals, no matter the circumstances (tempering is a scary enough prospect as it is).

Anyway I should really emphasize that whole section I wrote about White Mages was a complete ramble and mostly my opinion on the subject, so take it with a grain of salt.

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - Rensar - 09-11-2013

I'm Devin's dragoon buddy that he mentioned before, and I have to agree with him. I love you guys. Lore discussion like this is always awesome, plus it gives me ideas if I ever get around to making a caster alt.

And yeah, I'd also like to reiterate that our character's won't be outing themselves as Garleans. Their cover is that they're mercenary adventurers/petty criminals.

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - LiadansWhisper - 09-11-2013

(09-11-2013, 11:31 AM)Rensar Wrote: I'm Devin's dragoon buddy that he mentioned before, and I have to agree with him. I love you guys. Lore discussion like this is always awesome, plus it gives me ideas if I ever get around to making a caster alt.

And yeah, I'd also like to reiterate that our character's won't be outing themselves as Garleans. Their cover is that they're mercenary adventurers/petty criminals.

Having a cover is good!

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - BlessedSilence - 09-11-2013

I just finished becoming a white Mage today and the text I read seems they just don't give it out willy nilly. Even the NPCs were surprised an outsider was chosen to get the power. Makes me wonder if it is abused it will be taken away?

I built my character around becoming a white Mage. Hope you find your class!

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - DAISHI - 09-12-2013

You, my friend, have obviously never see the Slayers anime. Ruby eyed Shabranegdo amirite?

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - Cota Orben - 09-23-2013

So, new developments from the Scholar personal story. 

Show Content

Would it go amiss to have a character who, a few years after Carteneau, highway robbed a merchant who had the tablets with him, or did an archaeological dig at Nym or something to find some? He's a decent scholar now, in his mid to late twenties, but that's because I'm going for sort of a prodigy idea with him. 

Got to work out vulnerabilities then too. 

Speaking on it... does anyone know exactly when Lalafell are considered adults? All of the ones you meet in the game seem pretty old, except perhaps Tataru.

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - LiadansWhisper - 09-23-2013

You might want to put the questline info behind /spoiler tags.  :-\

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - Cota Orben - 09-23-2013

Done. My apologies.

RE: Can Someone be a Self-Serving White Mage? - LiadansWhisper - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 05:16 PM)Devin Farraday Wrote: Done. My apologies.

Totally okay.  Big Grin

As for your idea, I think it's perfectly plausible.  With regards to Lalafell, I think they age at the same rate as Hyur and but don't physically age once they reach adulthood.  So...18-20?