Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for lasting rp connections. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for lasting rp connections. (/showthread.php?tid=5482)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Rosekitten - 11-17-2013

I'd be willing to join a LS for contact or ic even ^^ either works for me. I need to get off my butt and start looking now that the free company drama I was dealing with has settled (for the last time I hope) and I can focus once more on my character and doing things in the game without stressing over every little thing. D; 

I might have a few others willing to join in as well to further contacts or possibilities for contacts .. they just don't stalk the forums. ^^;

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - C'kayah Polaali - 11-18-2013

(11-15-2013, 05:59 AM)Lament Wrote: I run a LS called Wings...

I couldn't recommend talking to these people enough. I get more RP out of the folks in this OOC linkshell than I get out of my heavy RP FC.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-19-2013

I'm still keeping up with this for those interested.  It's just a lot to try and keep up with, but I haven't given up.  I've spoken to some of you in game already, even rped with a couple of you.  I hope others here have gotten use out of this thread as well.

Anyway, I'll be branching out and contacting more of yall soon.  My poor brain can only handle so much at once.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - LeCard - 11-20-2013

I checked this thread when it started, but all I had was a rather reclusive Mage at the time. Since then I have made an alt that will be about the streets of Ul'dah, feel free to send me a tell if you see me and aren't sure if I am IC or not.

I'd love to start getting her some more RP friends, even if they are mere acquaintances that pass in the streets and wave sometimes. The jist for her is that she is working in the heavy Refugee area of Ul'dah to help those that have lost everything in the calamity. If that seems like something your character would be able to talk about, or catch her in the act of, feel free to hit me up ^.^
Name: Lubblyss Zwelfskalwyn
This is her very much in the works <Wiki>

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-23-2013

Just another update.  Currently, I've been going through everyone one by one trying to contact them in game when I could.  So far, haven't been able to catch anyone online, except one person who I assume isn't interested any longer as they did not answer.

I'm going to keep trying, so don't feel like I've given up or anything if I haven't contacted you.

Also, Lament, I had tried a few times unsuccessfully to get in touch with you about the LS.  I'll try to catch you as soon as I can as well.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Metatrix - 11-23-2013

Hi Grey, hi everyone,

I just recently bought FF14 and I am looking for immersive roleplay as my primary experience too. I have been doing live roleplay in table-top games such as D&D and some White Wolf games for as long as I can remember, and I hope to find a group with whom I can establish a continual RP line as well, so I do empathize with your "request" for other RPers !

I am going to spend a lot of my winter time on this game (the season in wich i allow myself to do to this, hehe) and so I should be ingame almost everyday, walking my way through running non-rp toons, in search for maybe another "walking one" or some sitting at the "bar" or any hint of an "actively looking for RP" person.

My actual character's name is Z'ylane Stardust.

Everyone feel free to add me to your friend list if you are looking for RP.

We can always arrange for a meeting. (wich would actualy be a spontaneous and random encouter if we speak in-game terms) That is the only valuable metagaming in my opinion, its like fate doing its job right ?

See you in the world.

(( edit: oops i just figured out everyone is on Balmung... since there is no place for new char in that world, i am on Gilgamesh... Sad ))

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-23-2013

You could create the character at an off hour.  That is what I did.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Lament - 11-25-2013

(11-23-2013, 05:50 PM)Gray Wrote: Just another update.  Currently, I've been going through everyone one by one trying to contact them in game when I could.  So far, haven't been able to catch anyone online, except one person who I assume isn't interested any longer as they did not answer.

I'm going to keep trying, so don't feel like I've given up or anything if I haven't contacted you.

Also, Lament, I had tried a few times unsuccessfully to get in touch with you about the LS.  I'll try to catch you as soon as I can as well.

Let me know what time you're usually online, and I'll try to catch you. I've searched for your name a few times but came up with nothing, too.

I myself am online now (at this hour, however, it's rare) and I am almost always online after 5PM EST until something like 1AM EST or so. I tend to rotate between Rhesh Awanah, Elissa Vermont and Ethne Lancaster. At the moment I'm on as Elissa.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Knight Kat - 11-30-2013

Well I've read and known about this thread since I first joined the forums. As I've been leveling my character and working on a little project, I've been open to RP but haven't directly pursued it.

Today I tried. I came up with a neat IC reason to be sitting outside a gate of Ul'dah and was ready to try and RP with any passers by who were RPers. Two passed by. One even stopped to examine me. Their search info said they were RPers.

I locked up Sad

It's been a while, but now I guess I am like a rusty cog. Too rusty to turn. I got too nervous to even do an emote. I just needed to do /em sigh to try and spark something. But I didn't hit the "enter" key.

Why do I have an RP block? I am not that shy IRL, nor am I shy on the forums. Something about thinking and acting under pressure. I can't seem to do it like I use to.

So Gray, I saw you online the other day. You were in Mor Dhona I think. I should have sent you a tell then. Next time I find you on, I will try to contact you. I want to try this lasting RP connections thing; especially, if it helps me get over my RP block and helps me make friends.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-30-2013

Anytime.  If I can do it, believe me, you can too.  Though the situation you described, I lock up in those as well, heh.  I'll see if I can find you in game soon.

Also, still trying to contact people from here.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Aexis - 11-30-2013

Aexis is always willing to RP with anyone who comes along.  Only thing is you'll almost never find him hanging out in a village tavern. 

As a "tribal" he favors more wild locations, often taking leisure at those places where primarily other miqo'te can be found.

Feel free to give a call anytime though.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Evie - 12-10-2013

Kind of feel I'm jumping in a bit late to the post, but Gray I feel similar. Part of what concerns me is that there is no over arching...I guess factions for lack of a better way to look at it, like there was there that just allowed for intense story. I've never been a tavern RPer, though it is nice to do it on occasion, and haven't really found any really strong connections outside of the small FC I'm a part of.

I don't know if anyone ever created the Linkshell for interested RPers, yes or no I'd really like to start RPing again more. Granted I think part of my problem is that I don't feel a connection with this character like I have others from the past. I'm not sure why, but I'm hoping by developing more RP then maybe I'll find her and then she'll really start to flow through instead of this giant writer's block that I seem to be having. Right now she's just a hodge podge of ideas, with only a few really "set".

So anyone who wants to RP or even just discuss RP and lore to think up RP stories lines (I'm an officer in my FC so really wanting to start getting something going to encourage RP since our tag is Eq-RP, I want to start earning the tag) please feel free to message me here. \

THANKS MUCH!

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Vysce the Lad - 12-14-2013

I love long lasting connections in games. But I admit it -is- hard to find. If I meet you in game, my character will never forget you, and you can include me in your "plot" or toy around with my own if you want.

Just don't do what one guy tried to do and drip your blood into me. That's nuts Moogle

If ya see me, chat me up xD

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - LandStander - 12-14-2013

(12-10-2013, 12:34 PM)Evie Wrote: Kind of feel I'm jumping in a bit late to the post, but Gray I feel similar. Part of what concerns me is that there is no over arching...I guess factions for lack of a better way to look at it, like there was there that just allowed for intense story. I've never been a tavern RPer, though it is nice to do it on occasion, and haven't really found any really strong connections outside of the small FC I'm a part of.

I don't know if anyone ever created the Linkshell for interested RPers, yes or no I'd really like to start RPing again more. Granted I think part of my problem is that I don't feel a connection with this character like I have others from the past. I'm not sure why, but I'm hoping by developing more RP then maybe I'll find her and then she'll really start to flow through instead of this giant writer's block that I seem to be having. Right now she's just a hodge podge of ideas, with only a few really "set".

So anyone who wants to RP or even just discuss RP and lore to think up RP stories lines (I'm an officer in my FC so really wanting to start getting something going to encourage RP since our tag is Eq-RP, I want to start earning the tag) please feel free to message me here. \

THANKS MUCH!

While the game doesn't throw a faction at you. Like say letting people become Garleans in the game and raid the Grand Companies, that doesn't keep people from playing them. I have met thieves, bandits, pirates, highwaymen/women, Garleans, and just straight up lunatics. 

If anything, there needs to be more characters that are built around causing conflict (I am personally heading up a Garlean LS and I love that we have a decent amount of people, but only three of us are full-time Garleans, but luckily there are other people out there like causing full-time as well). I know this is a FF game where people are used to being the hero of the story, but every good hero needs an antagonist :3.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Vysce the Lad - 12-14-2013

(12-14-2013, 07:34 AM)LandStander Wrote: While the game doesn't throw a faction at you. Like say letting people become Garleans in the game and raid the Grand Companies, that doesn't keep people from playing them. I have met thieves, bandits, pirates, highwaymen/women, Garleans, and just straight up lunatics. 

If anything, there needs to be more characters that are built around causing conflict (I am personally heading up a Garlean LS and I love that we have a decent amount of people, but only three of us are full-time Garleans, but luckily there are other people out there like causing full-time as well). I know this is a FF game where people are used to being the hero of the story, but every good hero needs an antagonist :3.
I agree with this. I often liked making an evil character on mmos... but I never get any action because everyones nice. I need a league of doom... y'know?

But if anyone wanted to form a group of big baddies, I'm totally down for that!