Hydaelyn Role-Players
~Crafting Corner~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ~Crafting Corner~ (/showthread.php?tid=586)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Vareal - 09-07-2010

Hey guys, that's quite enough of this bickering. Keep this thread for crafting stuffs, not arguing or banter. I love you all, but someone has to put their foot down. I understand it's an argument about crafting, but it's... Well, it's taking over the thread. Everyone to be making happy, prease. Smile

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Rreeth - 09-08-2010

In my experience, if you put mats into the crafting box that can make something, it will bring up the recipe even if you are not able to craft it. If you do try to craft something that you do not meet the requirements for, it gives a message in your chatbox in purple that tells you which skill is not high enough.

And as for being able to successfully craft items, whatever the minimum skill level to craft an item is +5 is about where you need to be to successfully craft the item on a regular basis. That was the rule I used in XI and it seems to be holding true here as well.

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Kejira - 09-09-2010

ohh and a heads up using + (+1 and so on) items when your at a low level, will reduce your chance to successes as the difficulty will rise, when using the higher quality items.

Also it seem that it's not always the recipe you made in the leve, is the one you will get at the end, as i made "Acorn cookies" and got a recipe for "Boiled Crayfish"

Uhh and found this site called The Yellow Gremlin[Link] with a Huge Amount of Recipes. ^-^

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Tadir - 09-09-2010

Yeah, I've never gotten the recipe I made in the leve. Of course, you can copy the recipe from the leve too. So two recipes per leve (potentially)

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Rreeth - 09-09-2010

Kejira Wrote:ohh and a heads up using + (+1 and so on) items when your low level, will reduce your chance to successes as the difficulty will rise, when using the higher quality items.

Good to know that is the case. However, using +X mats also raises the starting durability in the synthesis process, so there is a little extra room for mistakes or possibly some extra bold attempts when you are of appropriate level.

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Kejira - 09-09-2010

Rreeth Wrote:
Kejira Wrote:ohh and a heads up using + (+1 and so on) items when your low level, will reduce your chance to successes as the difficulty will rise, when using the higher quality items.

Good to know that is the case. However, using +X mats also raises the starting durability in the synthesis process, so there is a little extra room for mistakes or possibly some extra bold attempts when you are of appropriate level.

Yes that is true, being the appropriate level when using them is gone make things allot easier and you may end up with a +1 item in the end which is really neat. ^-^

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Cid_Mercer - 09-10-2010

On the topic of crafting, would anybody be interested in trying to organize the market wards? Designate a given ward for cooking supplies and food, another for armor and weapons, another for crafted components, etcetera, to try and make goods easier to find once the game goes live?

I know there is nothing to make people outside the community follow this guide, but even if it's only our own retainers that are organized this way, it could make it a great deal easier to find what we need.

Good idea? Horrible idea?

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Asyria - 09-10-2010

Excellent idea, which SE should have made themselves, as I said a few times. ^^;

I haven't been in the market wards in some time, though... and, to be honest, this should be something the whole Besaid server decides or else we'll be the only ones doing it whatever way we decide to do it, and, being a minority, it's not gonna help a whole lot.

Maybe mention this idea on Eorzepedia or Core?

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Cid_Mercer - 09-10-2010

I'm not a poster on either of those sites, but if someone would like to take the idea and run with it over there, please do! Blessing given and all that. I've just got too many forums to track already. Cry

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Freyar - 09-10-2010

I'll bet ZAM will end up with a list generated and offer it to premium subscribers.

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Vareal - 10-07-2010

Incase anyone doesn't frequent the Lodestone, which I would reccomend everyone does, here is the FAQ session with the DEV's on synthing (crafting) this was directly copied and pasted as it appears on the Lodestone:

Show Content

Ask the Devs! (10/01/2010)

The development and management teams continue to address the questions and concerns of the community in an ongoing FAQ.

The topic addressed this time around is synthesis.

Synthesis
Q. I haven't been having much success crafting items. What am I doing wrong?
A. The colored, glowing graphics provides players with a large hint toward a successful synthesis. When the glow is white, the synthesis is at its most stable, and the chances of success are high. When the glow takes on a color, however, the chances of success are low. Players seeking simple completion of their synthesis rather than high-quality results should attempt to use the Wait command when the indicator is colored to restore the stability of the synthesis before finishing it.

Q. Is there a trick to synthesizing high-quality items?
A. Though synthesis actions carried out while the colored circle graphic is red suffer a reduced rate of success, they often serve to increase the quality of the synthesis. In addition, the successful execution of consecutive actions also serves to increase quality. Ultimately, the higher the quality of the synthesis process, the more likely it is to yield a high-quality result.

Q. What do the values attached to synthesis materials, such as +1, signify?
A. These values represent bonuses applied to the durability and quality of a synthesis when it is first begun. Unlike increases to quality made during the crafting process, this initial bonus has no bearing on the degree of difficulty of the synthesis. Such bonus materials therefore increase a player's chances at synthesizing high-quality items, without increasing the difficulty of the synthesis.

Q. I am able to choose between using my main hand or off hand tool when beginning a synthesis. What is the difference?
A. Main hand and off hand tools have varying characteristics which manifest themselves in different ways when a high-quality result is achieved while synthesizing. There are many possible outcomes. For instance, a successful synthesis with a main hand tool may result in a +1 or +2 item, while the result obtained with an off hand tool may be a higher yield of regular quality items.

Q. I don't have enough of the crystals I need for synthesis. Is there a way to get more of the certain crystal type I need?
A. Other than looting fresh corpses, crystals can also be obtained through gathering. Further, for Disciples of the Land, allotting elemental bonus points to a certain element will result in a greater likelihood of procuring crystals of that type. Location is another factor to consider, as some places will yield more of certain crystal types than others.

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Asyria - 10-07-2010

So, some of you might have noticed that crafting is HARD, especially once you reach around Rank 10+ and you try some of the recipes that you -should- be able to do.

thing is, I'm under the impression that the more you rank up, the more you need those up-to-date tool and crafting clothes to compensate for the difficulty of recipes (and don't forget that facilities buff!).
Good tools are expensive however, especially now when only the most devoted players can make them. Right now, a Rank 12 Blacksmith hammer costs between 60k and 80k at least.

I had a talk with Soi Fon, one of the more advanced (and certainly one of the more social) crafters on Besaid and I asked them the question that's been boggling me for some time: since all the crafters require something more advanced in order to craft tools, how did the first one to get far enough to do it managed to do it? Soi Fon's answer was : lots of patience.

So there you have it. Either spill the gil and equip yourselves, or be prepared to rank up slowly with leves and lower crafting recipes until you can tackle the harder ones without those hard-to-get tools and eventually you will succeed.

Also keep in mind that, as time goes, more and more people will be able to make those tools, the Offer will get closer and closer to meeting the Demand, and prices will simply have to lower. Right now, things are expensive only because they are rare.

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Vareal - 10-07-2010

Asyria Wrote:Also keep in mind that, as time goes, more and more people will be able to make those tools, the Offer will get closer and closer to meeting the Demand, and prices will simply have to lower. Right now, things are expensive only because they are rare.

That's really what I'm waiting for because, not that I don't have the patients, I don't have the time to work on crafting as much as I would like. So hurry up you guys! lol, j/k Laugh

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Zyrusticae - 10-07-2010

It'll help immensely when the market wards are actually navigable.

It'll help even more when we can actually search the market wards (*crosses fingers*)...

Re: ~Crafting Corner~ - Kejira - 10-09-2010

Zyrusticae Wrote:It'll help immensely when the market wards are actually navigable.

It'll help even more when we can actually search the market wards (*crosses fingers*)...

ohh that would be wonderful, or at least being able to keep the bazaar tap up and than tap trough the retainers