Hydaelyn Role-Players
Marking Dungeon Targets - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Marking Dungeon Targets (/showthread.php?tid=7485)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Marking Dungeon Targets - Melkire - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 05:48 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 05:26 PM)Melkire Wrote: <screenshot>

Who is this Ryahl, and why haven't I met him yet? Hmmm...

I have no idea, I'm at work with no screens of my own to reference atm, so I grabbed the first image of the party list that Google spat out at me. /shrug

RE: Marking Dungeon Targets - K'nahli - 06-26-2014

(06-25-2014, 05:23 PM)Oscare Wrote: The gremlins can heal, too.

Ohhh! I never noticed that, thank you for letting me know ^^

(06-25-2014, 05:26 PM)Melkire Wrote: What I can't understand and don't agree with is the mentality that most, let alone every, trash pull between bosses in low level (read: not endgame) content needs to be marked. The only trouble I've ever had with aggro in said content is pre-26 pre-RoH Gladiator in Totorak with synced-from-50 damage dealers in my party... and that has absolutely nothing to do with marking so much as tunnel-vision from the DPS. If I can't keep up with Savage Blade combo and Flash, please spread your DPS around the  mobs instead of focusing. Dazed

Focus Target solves the problem of DDs not coordinating. Mark is useful... but asking, or expecting, the majority of pulls to be marked is... excessive. And unnecessary. Is it helpful? Yes. But it's helpful in the same way that a red signal at the crosswalk telling you not to step into heavy traffic traveling at speeds of 50mph and up is helpful. "Do this, not this," etc.

Haha, I like your analogy. This was kind of my mindset too but I think I'll consider returning to doing it anyways since many have stressed that they prefer it regardless ^^

RE: Marking Dungeon Targets - Melodia - 06-26-2014

As a Bard I only ever need the marks the first time, maybe two...then I remember the order. Sometimes I see other DPS go for the wrong guy and get a bit rattled but I generally will know. Like in Halatali HM.....Solomon Moss dope guy goes down first. Brayflox, Goblin Footman goes down first so we don't get spammed by 10000000 gobbie birds.

But yeah....the marks are helpful first time and then not needed and really only on new dungeons.

I respect the tank's lead ALWAYS in instances and raids. Thumbsup

Edit: Unless they suck and refuse to use flash, Shield Oath, etc. Then it's off with their heads. XD

RE: Marking Dungeon Targets - K'nahli - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 10:20 AM)Rurutani Wrote: As a Bard I only ever need the marks the first time, maybe two...then I remember the order. Sometimes I see other DPS go for the wrong guy and get a bit rattled but I generally will know. Like in Halatali HM.....Solomon Moss dope guy goes down first. Brayflox, Goblin Footman goes down first so we don't get spammed by 10000000 gobbie birds.

But yeah....the marks are helpful first time and then not needed and really only on new dungeons.

Edit: Unless they suck and refuse to use flash, Shield Oath, etc. Then it's off with their heads. XD

That footman actually only needs to be hit once to get him to stop calling Goooooobies but I was in one party where the tank marked him because he had "more health" or something. I didn't quite understand why that deserved a mark but I didn't really question it, haha.

RE: Marking Dungeon Targets - Melodia - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 10:24 AM)K Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 10:20 AM)Rurutani Wrote: As a Bard I only ever need the marks the first time, maybe two...then I remember the order. Sometimes I see other DPS go for the wrong guy and get a bit rattled but I generally will know. Like in Halatali HM.....Solomon Moss dope guy goes down first. Brayflox, Goblin Footman goes down first so we don't get spammed by 10000000 gobbie birds.

That footman actually only needs to be hit once to get him to stop calling Goooooobies

Oh! I never knew that. Thank you! Learn something new every day. Smile