Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=9066)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-11-2014

Evangeline, laughs, despite the situation. "If you believe I can shoulder and carry a drake, you overestimate my strength, Master Wolfsong."

"Perhaps though, I can buy us some time." Evangeline dips a hand under her chain mail, and pulls out a pair of paper wrapped tubes, coarse knotted strings emerging from their tops. She bites down on them and and pulls, the strings emerging with a crackling hiss. She throws them onto the ground, a thick acrid, and pungent smoke filling the air as they sputter.

"Finish that one quickly, to carry the beast we will both be needed." She hopes the smoke will disorient the sharp noses of the trackers, and ease their escape.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - G'leo Nuhn - 12-11-2014

The growl coming from the man shocks her as she lowers herself onto the drake; attempting to drag it away by its much larger head. She, surprisingly strong for her size manages to pull it a few yalms away, but fending off the mans lance with her dagger is proving difficult. She hisses at him again as a few of his thrusts pass through her dwindling guard, slicing her arm and cheek. Her eyes glow brightly, almost familiarly if Eva would look in her direction, as she protects her capture as if her life depended on it; she wasn't going to give up unless they immobilized or killed her.

"GET AWAY!" She hisses at to the man who assails her. "This beast is not yours! This belongs to my bro-AGGH!!" 

Her eyes begin to water as the smoke fills the air. She shuts them tightly, holds her breath, and wraps herself around the drake's neck, tail included. 

The other huntresses simply nod to each other as the smoke begins to rise. They pull masks over their noses and mouths, and, the few who have them, done on goggles; stench may be disorienting but these people were used to fighting in sandstorms...this was their element. Three dart quickly into the smoke using it for cover while the other five accompany the male as he walks away from the fray and immediate view. 

The crowd erupts into chaos around them at the sight of the smoke bombs; coughing and gagging as the fumes fill the air. 

Nimble and light do the G tribe move in the smoke, until the opportunity presents itself.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - Gharen - 12-11-2014

Gharen swears under his breath at the actions of the irrational Miqo'te. He drives the twin blades of the lance deep into the ground, one on either side of her neck, in an attempt to pin her in place.

He was quickly beginning to lose his patience with these individuals. He reaches down and attempts to remove her grip from the beast and use the leather strap he'd used previously to blunt his weapon now to hastily bind her wrists.

This situation had spun out of control and quickly so, the cover of the acrid billowing smoke would not last for long, he motioned for Eva's assistance in getting the groggy Drake freed and led away.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - G'leo Nuhn - 12-12-2014

((Moving down))

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-12-2014

Evangeline bends down to wrap a handkerchief around Myst's face, her own eyes stinging, though she had used these smoke grenades enough times to become somewhat immune to the effect. giving her an urging push into a nearby tent, "Find safety, child."

Grabbing Norrington's hind legs she pulls, dragging the drake slowly towards the edge of the camp. It is slow going, the drake making grooves in the sand as he is pulled.

If there was to be a fight, it would at least be better for it to be in the open. Those in the camp wished to help, but would be cut apart by trained warriors.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - G'leo Nuhn - 12-12-2014

The huntress does little in the way when she feels herself being pinned to the ground. It surprises her, but she recovers quickly; swinging her arms towards the man'a face in the midst of the disorienting smoke. She growls in frustration as her hands are tied behind her back. She throws a kick towards his crotch; clearly misinterpreting his intent, but she wouldn't fall victim without a fight. The drake stirs slightly, huffing a puff of flame as the smoke begins to dissipate. 

The three other huntresses are nowhere to be seen. 

The onlookers stare confused amidst their coughing, looking for the savage Miqo'te. They as well are nowhere to be found. 

"Untie me this instant, you pig! You have no right!" The huntress yells at him.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - Gharen - 12-12-2014

Gharen Moves just enough so that her kick is absorbed by his thigh, "Gods damnit." Once he's satisfied that she not going anywhere quickly He grabs the drake's forelegs and begins to Help move it. The acrid smoke burns his eyes, to the point of making them water and he begins to cough.

He pats the Drake on it's jawbone to stir it in hope of getting it on it's feet and leading it away. "Come on' ye big lump, I dinnae hit ye tha' hard."

As they move the drake away from the screaming huntress he scans the crowd blinking hard against the effects of the smoke to spot the other potential enemies within the crowd. He Glances over to Eva, "Tha' girl know ye?"

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-13-2014

Evangeline nods, keeping her breathing low, "One of my students... I give reading lessons in the camps."

She lets go of the drake, "Please, it's complicated, but get Norrington to safety." She nods at the Drake, "I'm going back to make sure Myst is safe."

"She has been seen with us, they might look for her as well."

Evangeline heads back into the camps, sword and shield at the ready, hopefully finding the tent she had pushed Myst into.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - G'leo Nuhn - 12-14-2014

The other members of the G tribe are no where to be found, including the huntress that was pinned to the ground by the lance. The civilians move out of Eva's way as she walks with weapons drawn; still coughing and some shooting dangerous glances towards her. 

As she might proceed further into the camp, Eva may notice that Myst has made her way back to her mother's embrace, still crying hysterically. The woman glances towards Eva and nods her head; she will be able to handle it from there. 

As the chaos dissipates and the clutter of the mob is lessened, the G tribe, to include the large male, can be seen being ushered into the gate by one of the guards; however the three huntresses are not with them. The male throws a smirk in the direction of the camp before being led in. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norrington stammers back into consciousness as he feels himself being dragged on the ground. His gaze flicks to the unknown man who is patting his cheek, and he pauses....

The drake spits a plume of fire towards the man'a ear as he rolls away from the stranger. On his hind legs, he squares the man, who hit him out of the blue, glaring at him dangerously.

"Hey jackass!" Comes a shout and dagger in the man'a direction. The huntress embellishes her dagger throw with all the rage she can muster. "Next time, search the person you tie up and make sure they don't have a weapon!" She is about to leap at him again, until she spots the drake who has focused his attention on her with a snarl.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-14-2014

Evangeline heads back towards Gharen, shaking her head at the strange happenings.

She see's the altercation brewing, and runs, though she is some distance away. "Norrington no! He's a friend!" Hurrying near and hoping the drake can hear her... and understand what she means.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-17-2014

Gharen Wolfsong moves his face slightly to one side to keep himself from being burned from the drake. As he does so, the dagger clips Gharens arm in midflight leaving a Cut and a trail of blood, he glares at the Miqo'te woman, his patience beginning to reach its end.

Evangeline Primrose rushes forward, aiming to hit the Miqo'te in a flying tackle before she can strike again, "Norrington! Gharen! Be Friends!" She shouts hopefully.

Gharen is fortunate enough to receive the reward of Eva's words; Norrington has sided with the man. He hisses towards the now airborne Miqo'te. The tribal woman leaps over Eva's tackle, closer to Gharen. Evangeline hits the ground hard, “Ooooof! You ass!”, she shouts. The Miqo’te raises her fists, clutching a dagger in one, though her stance is not aggressive. "That one, is not yours to keep!"

Gharen grits his teeth at the woman, "Don' think he really quite likes ye or cares te go with ye." He settles into an unarmed stance and waits for her to attack.Evangeline stands as well, coughing, and wiping sand from her clothes, "Plus, Norrington is Gleo’s friend, you're not allowed to have him."

"Then watch, one with an empty head and see..." *She turns her back to him, only flicking a tail quite near his nose. The drake charges towards the huntress who stands calmly in its path. "He-ehshash!" She yells, raising a hand, the drake, instead of snapping her head clean off, skids to a halt. She steps closer to the drake, who follows her hand warily as it tastes the air. Managing to place a hand on his snout the Miqo’te lowers the drake down onto his stomach using her palm as a guide. "As I was saying, before the ugly female fouled the air with her magic, the drake...belongs to my brother."

"Oh please..." She rolls her eyes at the display, "Like it's hard to make a man do that., even if it’s a drake" She steps up, "Leave him alone. I know who he belongs to, and I'm taking care of him while G'leo is gone."

The tribal woman glares at the Elezen. "I do not believe you, or your empty-headed partner. You both who have no right to this claim, and no right to attack my party." She hisses at them, as she prepares to be attacked again, blood dripping from the lance wound Gharen had inflicted on her arm. "The others...are here to take him away."

Evangeline sighs, "Perhaps you could have simply told us as much..." Her hand stays on her sword, "Master Wolfsong, what do you think?

Gharen growls at the woman. "I've had about enough o' this. Far as I know th' drake belongs te th' family o'er there. Ye'll need more proof than a nifty trick te make a trained pet sit in order te prove ye've claim on 'im."

He earns a hiss in reply. "The drake belongs to G'leo, the Disgraced One," she spits on the ground, almost by reflex, though she does not seem to enjoy the gesture. "I helped the traitor raise the drake since it was nothing more than a little gecko. I don't have any proof to give you...if you want some proof look into my eyes and see if I'm lying, hmm?" She moves to stand directly in Gharen's face, glaring up at the larger man. Evangeline catches a glimpse of the woman’s eyes through her mask and goggles, they glew with the same amber glow as G’leos.

Evangeline nods, "I do not believe it either..." She frowns, "How do I even know you're his sister. And even if you were, why assault the camp like bandits?"

The woman turns her head to Eva. "We assaulted nothing. You attacked us, ugly one, when you tried to slam your shield into the Tia!"

Evangeline frowns internally at the ugly comment, though she endeavors to keep it from her face. “She's lying Gharen, I can tell, don't believe her!" To herself, she thinks, “What a bitch.”

Norrington continues to lie there calmly, looking between the three. "Go ahead then! Do your worst!" The Miqo’te says brazenly, turning back to Gharen. "There is nothing more you could possibly do to me that will break me anymore!"

Gharen glares at the miqo'te "Tis your word agains' tha o' my student's an by yer own admission this Drake belongs te someone else. Ye intruded on someone's home, I suggest ye turn around lass with yer tail between yer legs an' leave before ye find out how much worse I can embarrass ye."

Evangline adds hopefully, "I assure you, I've been doing my best to take care of him... though he's a picky eater with G'leo gone." She shakes her head, "Why am I explaining this to you." She steps forward, next to Gharen, "I have given G'leo my word to protect his Drake while he is in captivity. You shall not convince me to do otherwise."

"I'm not leaving without the drake or until the Tia comes back to collect me. When the Disgraced One is here, he will tell you himself! So go ahead if you would, empty-head!" The Miqote looks to Evangeline, responding to her comment, "Then you've done nothing but deliver both my idiot of a brother, and this drake over to the other like a pig on a silver platter; some friend you are." She finishes by making an exaggerated huffing noise at the Elezen. She also gives Norrington the drake an annoyed look as ne nudges the Mi'qote female, passing under her hand and his spine against it before walking back to Evangeline.

Evangline turns to Gharen, "Perhaps we should listen to her words... now that she is not throwing daggers at us."

Gharen gives Eva a glance. "Yer call."

Evangline pats Norrington’s back, "We'll listen to what you have to say, Miss. If you apologize for throwing a blade at my Master."

“Apologize?! He attacked me! Why should I apologize to an borrrish, empt-" She continues to heap various insults onto Evangeline and Gharen, displaying an inventive mind. Norrington looks to Eva, annoyed, even for a drake.*

Gharen Wolfsong contemplates stuffing the young woman head first into one of the refugee's pots near the tent. "I suggest ye calm down missy, an' quickly."

She huffs as figurative steam blows out of her ears. "You.....you....FINE!" The woman finally growls, before crossing her arms, and growling as she places pressure on her wounded arm.

"You have a way with women, Master Wolfsong." She smiles, "Perhaps you'd like your arm healed Miss?"

"Healed?? With what? You don't look like a healing woman..." *she takes a step back, anticipating what she thinks is coming* "You are a magic woman?"

Evangeline shakes her head, "No, but Master Wolfsong is... a man of great wisdom and magic." She winks at Gharen. "You're lucky he didn't turn you into an eft for throwing a dagger at him.”

Gharen eyes the young miqo'te woman "..Give me yer arm."

Her glare returns back to Gharen. "He had better stay away from me with his cursed magic. I will not be touched by a defiled one." She backs away from the man, looking horrified, until her failure to realize her surrounding causes her to trip over of the lines between the tent pole and post.

Evangeline Primrose places a gentle hand on her shoulder before she can escape, "Eft..." She reminds the woman, "If you continue to disrespect him." She pauses, caressing the woman’s neck, “You might look cute with gills though."

She looks back to Eva, in actual fright of Gharen as he approaches. "Please no....please...he will curse me as the Nuhn did my family...please...I don't want to end up like my brother..." Clinging to Evangeline's tabard, a puff of smoke from Norrington forces her face back towards Gharen.

Evangeline pats the woman’s head "Calm..." She nods, "...If you fidget you could become an Orobon."

Gharen gives Eva a look understanding what she's doing. He steps in and kneels down to place his hand above her arm. "Stop squirmin'." he begins to say something in hellsguard to add flavor to the fact that a gentle green glow reaches for the girls arm; and tendrils of aether begin to mend her sliced flesh.

Evangeline grins at Gharen, "Good... it seems Master Gharen is not overly upset." She pats the Woman's arm, "You'll get a few scales at most."

The Miqo’te hisses as her deathgrip tightens on Eva's shirt. She resists moving, in fear of what Eva said, but dramatics still seize her and she nearly yowls in fear "I'm going to die...I'm going to be cursed...I'm going to be a fis- wait...why am I not a fish?" *she stares down at her arm as it begins to mend.

Gharen puts a little emphasis in the final words in Hellsguard tongue as the healing finishes for theatrics. He stands up and gives the girl some space.

Evangeline laughs and releases her grip, "Because Master Wolfsong isn't in the mood for seafood I imagine..." She offers the woman a hand to stand, "Now, what's this about a curse... and why are you after G'leo?"

The woman cautiously takes Evangeline’s hand, eyes transformed now in wonder of the man before her. "I-...this can't be...magic is evi-" She shakes her head suddenly, "Curse...I didn't say curse. Why would you think I said curse? I don't know what your talking abo-OW!" She yelps as an annoyed Sand Drake bites her tail.

"Master Wolfsong can detect liars, you know." She turns to him, "Are you feeling hungry Ser? Perhaps a bit of poultry? She would make a fine vulture."

The Miqo’te he looks from Eva to Gharen again. "Please not that!! I'll tell you! Please don't make me ugly like this one!" She points at Evangline with a terrified expression.

Evangeline iis seemingly unphased by the comment, though she seethes internally, "It is up to Master Wolfsong now." Almost silently under her breath she adds, “Whore.”

Gharen glares at the young woman and crosses his arms at her, "Out with it. My patience is already wearin' thin girl."

The woman looks between the three, seemingly at a loss, and finally gives in. "Alright...alright… "My name is G'ushima...I'm brother to G'leo...the Disgr-" Norrington gives a warning hiss and she changes her term, "Eh! My brother. The others and I came here to collect G'leo after he was captured by this cities government. They are here to collect him and execute him in front of the tribe back in the Sagolli."

Evangeline nods, "G'leo is a friend of mine, Master Wolfsong." She tweaks the woman's ear slightly, "Now, what is this about a curse?"

Gharen quietly looks between the two women. satisfied with Eva's methods.

G’ushima moves her ear out of Eva's hands. "The curse...isn't...literal....it's just...my father...the late Nuhn was killed by magic. G'leo who tried to avenge our father, was cursed by our current Nuhn, cursed to die and suffer horribly for his entire life. This curse hasn't left our family...we have, suffered." Her words trail off and she gives Gharen a sullen look, "Do you need to know anything else before you turn me into a chicken??"

Evangeline blinks, "G'leo always seemed happy and friendly to me." She nods, "I only wish to know where your friends are going. Tell me that, and Master Gharen might be so merciful as to turn you into a chocobo instead. Not a bad life, that of a chocobo."

Gharen considers this for a moment, "Could use a new 'bo te haul supplies."

Evangeline nods, "Or a chicken for tonight's soup, if she chooses to stay silent."

"We are going home...to excecute him...for a crime he didn't commit..." She clenches her fist, giving them a bitter, angry expression, "I don't care what you do! You have already subjected me to another beating! Go ahead and change me! You'll be saving me from anything worse..." Biting her bottom lip she pull away from Evangeline, glaring fiercely at Gharen,

Evangeline winks, at Gharen, "Very well, Master Wolfsong, do what you will."

Gharen kneels down to the girls height, he reaches out with two fingers to bop her gently on the forehead, "Ye've got guts, but no sense in between yer ears th' the gods gave a rock. If'n we truely wished harm upon ye would nae be here righ' now. Th' drake remains in th' care o' my student as she is honor bound te care fer it, till then I suggest ye an yers go an speak -civily- te th' authorities tha' have yer brother."

Evangline shakes her head, "G'leo is innocent of what they seek him for. I have heard his story, It is revenge and nothing more.” Frowning, she continues, "Though fair chance of convincing those in the city of that."

Gharen looks to Eva, "Who holds him?"

"The Immortal flames, his tribe put forward quite the sum of money to extradite him."

"I see. Short o' speakin' with them directly, I don' see how we can help his situation."

"I will petition the Flames to delay his release..." She frowns, "Though that will likely do nothing.”

G’ushina had closed her eyes at said bop, shocked for a good while as Gharen and Eva spoke. Finally she shakes her head, "But I cannot leave...You don't understand, I cannot leave without the drake." She clings onto Gharen’s arm, "If I do they won't only punish me...but they will also punish him furt-"

"WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM?!" The three huntresses from before finally make their appearance, their eyes smoldering with fury as they approach the group.

"Oh joy." Evangeline sighs, waving a hand hopefully, "She said nothing, even after the fiercest torture."

Gharen turns to look at the newcomers. "T'was wonderin' when ye'd show yerselves."

"You little bitch!" yells one of them,"We know what you did to persuade them! Get over here now!" G’ushina slides behind Gharen in response, a terrified expression on her face, "NOW!" The huntresses demand once more, "She acts just like herrr brrotherrr. Disgrrraced. She will be punished as will the drake!" They nod to each other, before one addresses Eva and Gharen, "Step away from the slave; we will handle her ourself."

Gharen Wolfsong looks to the young girl and the drake, "Pretty certain they don' want te."

Evangeline nods, standing side by side with Gharen, "As my Master says, they are under our protection."

"Under your protection?!" The huntress snorts at the concept, "A slave has no right to claim protection. Why would you help HER?! She is nothing! Enough words...give us the slave or you will finally force us to attack." All three huntresses unlimber their weapons and fall into combat stances, while Norrington moves up alongside Evangeline and Gharen.

Evangeline pats Norrington's head, "Keep the lady safe." and then looks up to Gharen.

Gharen grins. "Well tha' be where yer wrong. Slaves be against th' law here, moment ye brought her here ye broke tha' law." He cracks his knuckles, "But I'm guessin' yer want'in te do this th' hard way."

"You don't know your own place, fool." One huntress growls, before all three charge, and the sound of ringing steel and tearing flesh echo throughout the camp.

With a shattering crack the vial of Alchemical lightning smashes into the face of the last huntress, her body twitching and jerking to the scent of ozone. With a roar Gharen charges behind, slamming into her, shoulder first, and sending the woman sliding limply across the dusty ground.

Evangeline merely breathes heavily for a moment, chest heaving. The scene is grim. The huntresses had not gone down easy. One lay still, the fight choked out of her by Gharen, the last lay even stiller, a red patina surrounding the area where Norrington’s spiked tail had exposed the contents of her skull. Evangeline and Gharen both were covered in small cuts and scratches, though it was the deep on his wrist that concerned her, blood spurting rhythmically onto the desert sands. She turns turn Gharen, giving a wry, yet pained look, "Perhaps I should have kept my revolutionary job."

Gharen lowers his stance and finds a seat leaning against the pots behind them, "Ye did fine lass, I'd say ye passed te'days lesson." he lets out a breath as he slowly removes his blood soaked gloves revealing deep wounds and a myriad of old scars surrounding his new injury.

Evangeline pulls out a long handkerchief, ignoring her shallower wounds, "Here." Inexpertly she begins to bind the wound, attempting to stem the flow. "Even conjury will not heal this quickly."

Gharen takes the handkerchief and guides Eva’s hands, as she ties the bandage. "Aye."

G'ushima claws her way fiercely from beneath the drake, who had been protecting her with his body, "Get off me you lumbering lizard!" Managing to work her way free, she crawls towards the two. "What- how- why....why?! Why did you fight to protect me?!" Tears begin to well up in her eyes as she regards their injuries.
Gharen looks up to Eva then motions his head towards the girl.

Norrington huffs, dragging his tail along the ground. The dead female is left behind, but he tries to scrape the blood onto the sands.

Evangeline turns to the emotional woman, "Miss, do you have any clean cloth? As for protecting you, we can speak of why in a moment." She smiles softly, though her expression is strained from the wounds she has taken, "And perhaps bind those companions of yours that still live."

G’ushina shakes her head, "No...not but what I wear..." She gestures at the strips of cloth covering her nudity.Shrugging off the straps that cover her chest. "Use these."

Evangeline blushes, turning away, scanning the area as she does so. "P-please... miss no.” She clucks her tongue, “Where are the bloody flames and blades when you need them?"

Finally she spots someone in a familiar uniform, and she waves, raising her voice "You!, Miss!"

G'ushima huffs as she walks away to tie up her comrades anyway, not understanding their strange views on modesty.

Gharen holds up his good hand to the girl and averts his eyes. "Don', jus.. cover yerself lass."

G’ushina glares back at him in the process of tying up the two. "What?! Are my breasts unsightly to you, empty-head? I shall have you know I am very well managed and kept up for one of my rank. You people are the ones who look stupid with all those clothes!" She grumbles unhappily.

Jana yawns as she strolls out of the city gate, preparing for a patrol, but starts when she's shouted to. "Ah-! Um-"

Evangeline calls to the newcomer as she approaches, "Miss, you're of the Flames, correct?"

“Um, yes... What's happened? Jana looks over the grisly scene with alarm.

Evangeline clasps her wounded arm, "We were assaulted, by tribal Miqote. We have restrained them, but know not what to do now."

“Wha- Savages, attacking defenseless refugees out here!? How did this happen?” Jana looks alarmed.

Gharen’'s blood continues to pool onto the ground, though at much slower now that the makeshift bandage is secure.

Jana jogs over. "Who's hurt? Are- Are you mending already?"

Evangeline nods, "I could use a bandage..." Eva is covered in small bleeding cuts, though there is deep puncture on her arm that is oozing blood out between the fingers she has clasped over it.

Norrington the sundrake pads over the Gharen, nudging the man with his snout. The drake is thanking him; despite G'ushima's yelling.

Gharen is beginning to look pale, his eyelids heavy, "I'll... be needin'.. a healer."

Jana sees the drake and panics a little, slightly overwhelmed by the whole situation as she examines Gharen, “- Ah! I have something… This one first!”

Evangeline's face looks truly worried for the first time as she sees his condition, "G-gharen?" She turns to Jana, "Do you know any conjury?"

G'ushima runs over to Gharen as well, "Wait...wy can he not heal himself? I thought he could use the magic?"

Jana kneels next to the man, looking him over. "How are you hurt? Anything very deep?" She rips some of her sleeve's fabric and hands it to Evangeline. "Please keep pressure on your wound until I can mend it..."

Evangline nods, and presses the fabric against her own wound, "This will heal in time... do you have a way to close his vessel?, The artery was opened, I fear."

Jana rips more fabric from her sleeve and gently takes the opened wrist in her hands, beginning to wrap it even more tightly, clearly having some experience with this. "First... Have to set it in place..."

G'ushima runs off, but returns just as quickly. "I found some water, if this will help!" She offers it to Eva.

Evangeline nods, "I know what you can do to help." She looks around, "You're in this with us now. Take Norrington and hide, there are caves around the area. I think we both know it's too late to go back to the rest of your tribe now. I'll find you once we've sorted out our wounds."

Gharen seems to be on the edge of consciousness now, as Jana ensures that the fabric is tightly wrapped around the man's wrist before standing back up and muttering under her breath. She casts a simple Physick spell on the man, sending her aether into his body to pull the flesh together.

G’shima nods, but gives Gharen a concerned look, "But...will he be alright?"

"Of course." Evangline smiles at G’ushima and pats her head, "He is my Master after all."

"...The empty-headed one had better make it back alive...or I will not thank him for helping me. You are both idiots...but kind idiots." She and the drake depart together, leaving the group behind.

RE: The Wandering Warrior Part 2 - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-18-2014

Jana sits back, finishing her spell and exhaling her held breath, “Any more major wounds? Priority on refugees over savages!” Gharen seems to have stabilized, he is however unconscious.

Evangeline nods, "I would be grateful, if you could heal my arm Miss..." She blinks, "I haven't gotten your name...

Jana repeats the process, a bit more quickly since the taller woman is still conscious, closing the wound with aether, “J-jana…”

Evangeline sighs in relief, "Thank you." She turns, "Could you have your colleagues take thse ones into custody… I'd like to beg your help on another matter."

Jana briefly checks back on the unconscious man. "I can get some Brass Blades over here, I think... This is unfortunate, but... Likely not a military matter anymore..."

Evangeline leans down and pulls one arm over her shoulder, "Perhaps you could get the other? I have a room in the Quicksand.”

“The Quicksand? I am staying there as well... I'll get him to your room, then report in.” Jana quickly gets the man's other arm over her shoulder, trying not to tilt him down too much in her direction.

"Thank you miss."

Evangeline and Jana struggle through the street, the massive highlander slung over their shoulders. Chests heaving they finally maneuver him up the stairs and through the door of Evangeline’s hotel room, flopping him down on the spare bed.

“T-thank you miss…” Evangeline says, catching her breath, “Hopefully we can speak further, in less trying circumstances.”

Jana nods, giving a shakey salute, “Y-yes… I better check on those savages. G-good night.” She heads off into the hallway.

Evangeline turns back to the Highlander bleeding all over her sheets. Sighing she walks over, untying his boots and sliding them off, before sliding his feet onto the bed. She then busies herself pulling out a small medical kit, and walks over to a very large alchemical work table. Within a few minutes she returns to him, wiping his wounds down with a wet cloth, the strong smell of antiseptic filling the room. As she does so she removes the makeshift bandages, recovering the wounds with clean linen and gauze. Afterwards she tends to her own wounds, hissing softly as she goes over the cuts.

Finally she wearily slides the kit across the floor, not bothering to put it away properly, and heads to the shower. A few minutes later, and she almost feels civilized, and wrapped in a fluffy night robe, she pulls a blanket over Gharen before flopping into her own bed.

“Pleasant dreams Master Wolfsong…” She mumbles sleepily as she burrows into her blankets and loses herself to sleep.