Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Name Game - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Name Game (/showthread.php?tid=9070)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Name Game - Jethas Zykyri - 11-27-2014

Jethas was a name I used in previous games (Rift and WoW).  Personality wise Rift Jethas and FF Jethas were based off of one another (Both overly curious, but also quiet), but I'd have to say, out of the two, FF Jethas had developed so much more in the time that i've played him.  Zykyri was just a last name i got off of a name generator, and this was only because FF required a last name.

Jia'khan was actually a name a friend of mine used in an rp once.  I loved it so much i decided to use the name.  Voskos was again randomly generated because of last names.

Ryuuza Mchalahan was a character name I adopted from WoW.  Out of all of my characters there, my paladin Ryuuza was the most developed back story wise.  I missed the character so much that i decided to carry the name over to FF, but he's kind of developed into his own personality.

Renuka was a name i used as my first character in WoW.  She sadly didn't live for a very long time in that game because i had rolled her as a hunter, and at the time i didn't enjoy the class.  Garajy is another randomly generated name, only this time it was in the in game name generator.

I have one more character that's not listed in my signature.  Her name is Jolynn Zeles.  Again this was a name i used in WoW, but due to some unforseen things that happened, the character (name associated with it) was totally ruined for me, to the point that i didn't really want to log on her anymore.  I decided I wanted to try using the name again for a new character.  Sadly I don't get to play her much because Jethas is my main (plus you can only go through story things so many times.  =P )

RE: The Name Game - Nebbs - 11-27-2014

Oh Boy.. Nebula Stardancer.. well

It all started with SWTOR and the need for a name that fitted my Twi'lek space brat smuggler, created for a one off brief forum RP.

Nebu'la, because it's space like
And Stardancer because.. Skywalker

Then loose the apostrophe and bam!

I enjoyed the concept so much that it stuck as a foundation for further Nebula Stardancers.

RE: The Name Game - Knight Kat - 11-28-2014

Uh....

I used a FF14 name generator, saw the forename "Kiht", wrote it down, generated a few more names, saw the surname "Jakkya", wrote it down and put them together because I thought the name was not only cool-looking, but also fit the character concept with its crackly, energetic sound...

End of epic name-choosing story.

RE: The Name Game - Goodfellow - 11-29-2014

The majority of my many alts have very considered names, most of which call back to older/former characters from other games and MMOs. Actually, so does my forum name. But my main has the most thought-out name.

My first MMO was FFXI, but my toon's name was dumb and not worth mentioning. Still, the tarutaru left an impression, hence the back half of Lolotaru Lalataru's names. The rest just seemed the most sonorous of the many, many combinations of syllables I tested out, was relatively easy to pronounce in a variety of accents and, to me at least, had a certain sense of completeness to it in its vowel sounds.

And a year+ later I remain very fond of both the character and his name. If to no one other than me it is mellifluous  and rolls pleasantly off the tongue.

RE: The Name Game - D'aito Kuji - 12-03-2014

I have a thing about naming all my RP characters after lesser known Japanese places or cultural references.  D'aito Kuji is named after the Daitoku-ji Temple in Kyoto, Japan.  I've been using the name for a while in Rift, Aion, SW:TOR, and now in FFXIV.

It's not a perfect fit because from what I've heard, Miqo'te who are very familiar with each other will often drop with tribal letter from the front of their name.  This significantly changes D'aito's name but I've grown comfortable with that notion. Fortunately, none of the NPCs seem to know her well enough to drop the letter.