Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) (/showthread.php?tid=11370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - TheLastCandle - 04-30-2015

From the results page, for "What Race Are You Currently":

Miqo'te 1337

[Image: futuramafry.jpg]

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - D'aito Kuji - 04-30-2015

(04-29-2015, 05:11 PM)Max Wrote: I don't see Miqo'te ever being dethroned. Maybe for a short while due to Au Ra being the new race and all, but I think in the long run people will still lean towards the cat boys/girls.

It's the only reason I play really.  I'm an unapologetic neko fan and have been since I was little.  After years of trying to shoehorn my fandom into games decidedly unfriendly to such things (City of Heroes), I jumped at the chance to play one that's an official part of the world.  I will never give that up.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Cailean Lockwood - 04-30-2015

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but it was pretty much the same that happened in World or Warcraft when I was playing that. When "The Burning Crusade" came out, EVERYONE wanted to play a Blood Elf. When "Wrath of the Lich King" came out, EVERYONE wanted to play a Death Knight. When "Cataclysm" came out, EVERYONE wanted to be a Worgen... and so on and so forth.

It's just because the Au Ra is a new shiny thing that people want to try out! It will be the same with the three new classes. However, when people have tried them out, some people will go back to what they played before.

Personally, I will most likely stay with the Au Ra though, simply because I prefer playing demon-looking races in MMO's, like the Castanic from TERA or the Tieflings from Neverwinter.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - TheFanciestBard - 05-01-2015

Rip elezens, least popular ;-; why are we so rare? Elezen are max beautiful lol.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Cailean Lockwood - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 04:07 PM)Tasa Rhyzul Wrote: Rip elezens, least popular ;-; why are we so rare? Elezen are max beautiful lol.

My main is currently Elezen. But I think it is due to the odd proportions. They are like elves, but have weird, lanky bodies that seems to put off some people. However, they look ALOT better in FFXIV than the Elvaan in FFXI.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - TheFanciestBard - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 04:12 PM)theincubuslord Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 04:07 PM)Tasa Rhyzul Wrote: Rip elezens, least popular ;-; why are we so rare? Elezen are max beautiful lol.

My main is currently Elezen. But I think it is due to the odd proportions. They are like elves, but have weird, lanky bodies that seems to put off some people. However, they look ALOT better in FFXIV than the Elvaan in FFXI.
Yeah Elvaan were really awkward looking from what I've saw of them. Even though ELezen are kinda lanky and a bit awkward looking their animations and stuff make me think they're pretty elegant. Heh.. I remember when I first started I thought Elezen would be among the most popular races, boy how wrong I was~

Also I've noticed that Au Ra, while being the shiny new race, have had some mixed opinions especially regarding the females. I wonder if they'll have a highlander issue where male highlanders are only slightly less popular than midlander dudes and highlander girls are far and away less popular than their cutesy counterpart. I have a feeling if Au Ra ladies looked like the dudes the race would be very well received.

Or maybe I'm just hoping that's true so Au Ra girls are less popular enough for me to feel good about rolling one~