Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seriously, those horns - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seriously, those horns (/showthread.php?tid=11477)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Seriously, those horns - CrimsonMars - 05-10-2015

(05-05-2015, 03:26 AM)Blue Wrote: I guess, good for me for not planning to have either of my Au Ras kissing anyone?

It's a fantasy universe, there will be ways to get around things that make no sense, as usual. Should I post that no one should use flying chococbos because their wings/body proportions would not enabled them to fly IRL? I don't think I should, I'll just not use a chocobo as a flying mount; no need to make the decision for the others too, you know?

EDIT: To make a clearer example, if you were a person who hated lasagna, would you walk into a restaurant, approach a table where someone is eating lasagna, and tell them "THIS. This is disgusting food! How can you cope with eating that!?". I think you would not.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Edgar - 05-10-2015

(05-05-2015, 07:52 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Honestly, it's only a problem if you make it a problem...and considering the OP's prior post history against the idea of the race, I suppose it's just another tick mark against the Au Ra even being a thing.  And that's fine.  Personal preference is personal.

Things to Bitch About Regarding the Au Ra Checklist
☑ Dimorphism
☑ Character Creator
☑ Tails
☑ Horns
☑ Lack of Ass
☑ Kawaii Desu
☑ Scales

Hmmm...What other stupidly petty things can we add to the list?

...Oh, OH! THEY HAVE SKIN! SKIN.

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, YOSHIDA?

Alright, in all seriousness, this is just the Miqo'te arguments with a new coat of paint and scales. Don't tell me you're not drawing comparisons.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Flickering Ember - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 11:26 AM)Edgar Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 07:52 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Honestly, it's only a problem if you make it a problem...and considering the OP's prior post history against the idea of the race, I suppose it's just another tick mark against the Au Ra even being a thing.  And that's fine.  Personal preference is personal.

Things to Bitch About Regarding the Au Ra Checklist
☑ Dimorphism
☑ Character Creator
☑ Tails
☑ Horns
☑ Lack of Ass
☑ Kawaii Desu
☑ Scales

Hmmm...What other stupidly petty things can we add to the list?

...Oh, OH! THEY HAVE SKIN! SKIN.

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, YOSHIDA?

Alright, in all seriousness, this is just the Miqo'te arguments with a new coat of paint and scales. Don't tell me you're not drawing comparisons.

Honestly, this thread has been moving along fine without any added cursing and negativity. Zyrsticue may not like Au Ra very much but he/she still managed to create a thread that was fun and speculative. No one's been negative. I haven't been a fan of their designs either but I have still been looking forward to having my character meet them in game and to see what kind of dynamic they bring to RP. Some of my friends are very excited for them and I am happy they get something new to attach to.

On that list, it's probably the Dimorphism and Kawaii Desu that get to me. I just think it's an unfair and sexist representation for SE to make the men big and intimidating and the women small and kawaii. (and still, that is even okay because you can still enjoy something, even if you don't like the way it is portrayed!) You don't have to agree. You might really like the dimorphism and really like the contrast of fierce men with cute ladies who can probably still stab you anyway. I can expect that people will adamantly disagree with my opinions and that's fine.

But I don't think you should call out my opinion as being 'petty' or 'lesser' than your own. It's just after all, an opinion and we've been having fun speculating in this thread. No one's knocking them.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Seye Qhesu - 05-10-2015

I'm going to believe that since they hear with their horns they will be sensitive to touch. So simple touch could be like cupping one's cheek or give the sensation of liking or a simple kiss.  Head nuzzling would go in to this as well as their horns have a huge chance to touch one another. I figure the horns touching would be hard romance and them being deeply in love.

I also figure the intense size difference will allow females to slip in between the facial horns of the males without trouble though the males will obviously be stabbed with their own.

So definitely going with the first one.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Steel Wolf - 05-10-2015

Honestly, the way a lot of the females have appeared to me in the Benchie, it all ended up like some very sly, scheming, "think five steps ahead" sorts of looks. Or perhaps that's the feeling of the femmes I've put together...

Either way, there is the obvious kawaii desu thing, but looking into some of their eyes, you get this sense that their minds stretch past the visible horizon...and I can dig that.

RE: Seriously, those horns - K'nahli - 05-10-2015

*sigh*   God dammit, Warren...!

In any case, please avoid bringing anyone's posting history or habits into other topics. So long as it is a legitimate and healthy discussion then it should not matter. If you believe that any recurring themes are actually damaging or causing conflict then simply report it and share your concerns. In this case, everything is perfectly fine.

As for me, I was thinking of forehead-pressing myself once I saw the horns my character was dealing with. I like that concept, I find it quite unique and cute.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Flickering Ember - 05-10-2015

Headcanon: Au Ra, especially male Au Ra, sharpening their horns against tree trunks. I know that's a deer thing but still potentially a little quirk for RP. Smile

RE: Seriously, those horns - Zyrusticae - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 11:26 AM)Edgar Wrote: stupidly petty things
I find this quote completely hilarious considering you basically listed everything there is to list about the Au Ra. I'm not quite processing how it is "petty" to criticize the very things that make the race what it is.

It seems to me more like you consider anyone "petty" who dislikes the things that you happen to like, which is not a terribly high-minded route to take, it must be said.

Which reminds me that I must also refrain from assigning qualities to others who make arguments and only address the arguments themselves. It is a good lesson to take.

I would suggest that I am not the only one here who should learn to apply it.

But enough meta-speak! I admit that I wasn't looking too closely at the non-forward-facing horn styles, so a lot of my concerns are actually kind of moot in those cases. It is also interesting to consider that, since the horns are indeed sensory organs for the Au Ra, that they may be acutely aware of their positioning in the same way we are aware of the positioning of our hands and eyes.

They still have to be more careful, however. You do NOT want to fall on someone with those horns, regardless of how much control you think you have over them.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Gegenji - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 08:18 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Headcanon: Au Ra, especially male Au Ra, sharpening their horns against tree trunks. I know that's a deer thing but still potentially a little quirk for RP. Smile

This idea sets me to imagining the pair mock-fighting as a show of affection. Clacking horn against horn in a little tussle like some sort of horn-based Eskimo kiss analogue. Of course, doesn't work quite so much with backwards-facing horns, unless you have a forward and a backward - which could be like a surprise kiss to the back of the head in Au Ra terms.

If they're both backwards? You'd still be able to tilt your head and bump horns in a playful show of love. Which, actually, could work with all the combinations now that I think of it. I dunno, I think it'd be kinda cute. Blush

RE: Seriously, those horns - Steel Wolf - 05-11-2015

Gawsh, all of this horn clacking and bunting talk makes me want to Au Ra for potential adorbs. XD

RE: Seriously, those horns - Edgar - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 02:08 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Gawsh, all of this horn clacking and bunting talk makes me want to Au Ra for potential adorbs.  XD

I demand pictures of Au Ra cuddling.

...MAKE IT HAPPEN, INTERNET.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Cailean Lockwood - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 06:25 PM)Edgar Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 02:08 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Gawsh, all of this horn clacking and bunting talk makes me want to Au Ra for potential adorbs.  XD

Patience. There will be plenty Au Ra cuddling soon enough. They just need to be made playable first.

RE: Seriously, those horns - industrythirteen - 05-11-2015

Uh. Hmm. 

Well... there's plenty of that on tumblr. And it's not exactly ...cuddling. Per se. BlushAngel

RE: Seriously, those horns - BearCave - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 06:32 PM)industrythirteen Wrote:

Uh. Hmm. 

Well... there's plenty of that on tumblr. And it's not exactly ...cuddling. Per se. BlushAngel

Nope. But what it is, is very sexy. Mhm. Yis.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Edgar - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 06:34 PM)BearCave Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 06:32 PM)industrythirteen Wrote:

Uh. Hmm. 

Nope. But what it is, is very sexy. Mhm. Yis.

...Well this got interesting fast.