Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! (/showthread.php?tid=14090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Makyn Loneseeker - 11-09-2015

NEARING 22 HOURS AWAY.

YESSS.

STEAM GO DOWN GOOOOOO.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Oli! - 11-09-2015

Special note: If you're up for some Day-One modding, someone has already released a slightly-modded visual preset that enhances some of the shadows and colors, and gets rid of some of the overlay haze. I don't know how they did it so early, but HEY WHO'S COMPLAINING.

If that sounds like a good deal to you, then take a look at it here. There's a lot of neat comparison shots too, if you want to take a closer look at the changes.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Sylentmana - 11-09-2015

My copy has shipped from Amazon and they gave me a $10 discount!

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Desu Nee - 11-09-2015

My first playthroughts are always as Vanilla as you get, besides some bug fixes. IMO, you only truly appreciate a modded game if you played it raw before.

13 hours to go, hnnnnggggggggggg.

So much hype for Fallout 4 that we're pissing off the rest of the board

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Zoya - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 12:33 PM)Oli! Wrote: So much hype for Fallout 4 that we're pissing off the rest of the board

Even the hype is radioactive. Guess it's a good idea to play some Half-Life.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - allgivenover - 11-09-2015

One person is hardly the rest of the board.

I'm interested in playing this game eventually, but I've learned my lesson when it comes to Bethesda's bug riddled launches a long time ago.

Also I don't pay full price for games anymore. I'll wait for some sort of sale and then jump.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Sig - 11-09-2015

It looks fun, but I'm likely waiting 6-12 months to allow time for bug fixes, mods, and DLC materials.  Plus it's hard to peel away from FFXIV because RP has been so much fun lately!

(11-09-2015, 01:16 PM)Sig Wrote: It looks fun, but I'm likely waiting 6-12 months to allow time for bug fixes, mods, and DLC materials.  Plus it's hard to peel away from FFXIV because RP has been so much fun lately!
Until you start playing the game.

-Eagerly awaits not leaving his room for the next week-

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Cato - 11-09-2015

I plan to go to bed early tonight. The game is due to arrive at some point tomorrow - so hopefully that'll be in the morning rather than the afternoon or evening. With nothing to distract me tomorrow and a good night's rest tonight I think I can count on playing it for most of the day. I've stocked up on healthy snacks and water too...so bar any unforeseen circumstances I'm good to go!

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Lost River - 11-09-2015

Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, new FFXIV Content. . . and then Star Wars next week? Bye bye social life!

MINE SHIPPED

I'M SAFE

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Lost River - 11-09-2015

When I get out of work tonight, I go right on over to pick mine up at the store. It is that convenient for the first time ever.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - SicketySix - 11-09-2015

So how do you plan on playing for the first time?

Do you plan on just making choices as you would if it was you in the game?
Do you come up with a character concept and RP the game out?
Do you maybe just jump in and wing everything as it comes up?

What character type are you leaning towards?