Hydaelyn Role-Players
Stop playing with our hearts square - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Stop playing with our hearts square (/showthread.php?tid=3726)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Chance - 08-19-2013

Playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Dead or Alive 5 all online. 

Aaaaand playing Resident evil: Revelations [PS3] with random Asian badasses on raid mode.

Anyone wanna join me Undecided?

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - LiadansWhisper - 08-19-2013

Book Recommendation:

The Naming by Alison Croggon

From the Back: Maerad is a slave in a desperate and unforgiving settlement, taken there as a child after her family is destroyed in war.  She is unaware that she possesses a powerful gift, one that marks her as a member of the School of Pellinor.  It is only when she is discovered by Cadvan, one of the great Bards of Lirigon, that her true heritage and extraordinary destiny unfold.  Now she and her new teacher must survive a journey through a time and place where the dark forces they battle stem from the deepest recesses of otherwordly terror.

Allison Croggon's epic fantasy, the first in the Books of Pellinor quartet, is a glittering saga steeped in the rich and complex landscape of Annar, a legendary world ripe for discovery.

It's one of the best books I've ever read.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Zethie - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 08:25 PM)CallmeYahweh Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 08:19 PM)Zethie Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 07:59 PM)CallmeYahweh Wrote: Oh man if we're talkin' books, be very careful.  I can talk for hours on books.

Game of Thrones is great.  I don't get into the massive fantasy epics much these days though.  In no particular order may I suggest: Light (M. John Harrison), The Chronicles of Amber (Roger Zelazny), Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock), anything by Hunter S. Thompson, (though I have a special place in my heart for Better than Sex, and Songs of the Doomed!), Glory Road (Robert Heinlein), etc.  

The list goes on and on and on.
Books? Give me a few ideas of what to read please? Been wanting to read a few new series lately.

What sort of books do you enjoy reading?  I read from a very wide variety of stuff so I'm just as comfortable reading something like Gaiman's Coraline, as I am Ballard's  Crash.  But if you've got a preference to fantasy/scifi/nonfic/horror/whathaveyou, lemme know and I'll see what I can dig up out of the old library.
If you ever read the sight or fell(it's sequal) or even the maximum ride series thoughs are the kinds of books I like. I don't know what genre they fall into.. Maybe fantasy I assume?

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Fates Skein - 08-19-2013

Watching Bones, Supernatural, various animes.
Clarifying C'rhisi's Wiki
Setting up backstory and stuff for my thaumaturge alt.
Playing TSW (and finishing up some art of TSW characters).
Working my way through the Steam sale games I bought. >.>
Reading. Lots and lots of reading.

Those are all the things I -should- be doing.  What I'm actually doing is staring forlornly at the FFXIV launcher, trying to will time to go faster. Cry

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - ArmachiA - 08-19-2013

I'm SUPPOSED to be updating my character's journals to where they are currently and working on the RP Archives for my guild.

What am I doing? Playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Whoops

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Felix Sideris - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 08:39 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: I'm SUPPOSED to be updating my character's journals to where they are currently and working on the RP Archives for my guild.

What am I doing? Playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Whoops
You can't even blame yourself. Reckoning is amazing.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Jove - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 07:59 PM)CallmeYahweh Wrote: Oh man if we're talkin' books, be very careful.  I can talk for hours on books.

Game of Thrones is great.  I don't get into the massive fantasy epics much these days though.  In no particular order may I suggest: Light (M. John Harrison), The Chronicles of Amber (Roger Zelazny), Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock), anything by Hunter S. Thompson, (though I have a special place in my heart for Better than Sex, and Songs of the Doomed!), Glory Road (Robert Heinlein), etc.  

Books? Give me a few ideas of what to read please? Been wanting to read a few new series lately.

What sort of books do you enjoy reading? I read from a very wide variety of stuff so I'm just as comfortable reading something like Gaiman's Coraline, as I am Ballard's Crash. But if you've got a preference to fantasy/scifi/nonfic/horror/whathaveyou, lemme know and I'll see what I can dig up out of the old library.

Gaimen! Big Grin

I saw him yesterday at a book signing, he did a little talk and read from a couple of his books. I'm pretty sure his voice could put me to sleep in a thunderstorm. He even signed my copy of Good Omens with "Have a nice doomsday", which reminds me...

Any Terry Pratchett fans here?

I'm also going through two huge books of Arthur Conan Doyle and H.P Lovecraft and I really, really need to get around to reading Neuromancer, I've been meaning to for weeks.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Qhora Bajihri - 08-19-2013

I saw some of you in-game as I was frantically flying by on my way to being so excited to be playing again. Excited!

I was going to play GW2 for the next few days, but my internet's decided to be a jerk, so I don't know. Maybe I'll go dust off FFXIII since I never really got into that one.

I'm just glad the jerkternet waited until the beta was over. 3102 had me locked out for about 24 hours, but I got to 20 on a JP server in the meantime, ha!

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Corelyn - 08-19-2013

Nnngh. I have a few things I could do.

Finish Bioshock: Infinite... Keep playing The Last of Us... Skyrim... Keep working on making my RPGMaker game...

But my obsessive tendencies will not allow this. I will likely sit here and obsess over this game until it's out while doing little else. *puts the Limsa Lominsa music on repeat and rocks back and forth*

Though I will likely work on character profiles for Corelyn and few others I need to get working on. Hell, I think due to 3102 I wasn't even able to MAKE my other characters. D:

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - CallmeYahweh - 08-19-2013

(08-19-2013, 08:33 PM)Zethie Wrote:

What sort of books do you enjoy reading?  I read from a very wide variety of stuff so I'm just as comfortable reading something like Gaiman's Coraline, as I am Ballard's  Crash.  But if you've got a preference to fantasy/scifi/nonfic/horror/whathaveyou, lemme know and I'll see what I can dig up out of the old library.
If you ever read the sight or fell(it's sequal) or even the maximum ride series thoughs are the kinds of books I like. I don't know what genre they fall into.. Maybe fantasy I assume?

I'm actually familiar with both series! If you're looking for something similar to these, and you enjoy animals perhaps then, take a look at some of Brian Jacques' Redwall work. They're a little older these days but if you haven't read them, (Salamandastron, and Mattimeo in particular!) they are fantastic stories. And there are a lot of them! Easy reads, quick, and packing substance without getting too weighty.

I will always recommend Gaiman's work. Starting perhaps, with Stardust or Neverwhere and ending with one of my all time favorite novels, American Gods.

Let me know how those suggestions treat you! I've got a few more in mind but I want to see how you take to these first. :D

(08-19-2013, 08:58 PM)Jove Wrote: Gaimen! :D

I saw him yesterday at a book signing, he did a little talk and read from a couple of his books. I'm pretty sure his voice could put me to sleep in a thunderstorm. He even signed my copy of Good Omens with "Have a nice doomsday", which reminds me...

Any Terry Pratchett fans here?

I'm also going through two huge books of Arthur Conan Doyle and H.P Lovecraft and I really, really need to get around to reading Neuromancer, I've been meaning to for weeks.

Oh man! He was in SanFran just a few weeks ago and I totally missed the visit. I almost got into a six week writing workshop with him a handful of summers back but had to back out due to some problems with funding on my end. Biggest disappointment of my life thus far.

I like Pratchett on occasion. I'm not sure I could read him all the time but he's definitely got a lot of really good stuff. (I'm a bit biased towards Douglas Adams though!)

Also love ACD and Lovecraft's work. I'm about to break into a few books by GK Chesterton I got a while back, but never got around to reading. Neuromancer though, I'm not sure I want to go near. William Gibson's stuff is so dense it takes me months to get through it all.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Chickpea - 08-19-2013

This actually works out okay for me since it's my birthday this week, as well as my boyfriends...and our anniversary...so yeah, we'll be plenty busy doing other things and spending time at the beach before the end of summer. Seriously looking forward to playing, though.

I guess just watching tv on netflix and more Animal Crossing!

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - shotgunbadger - 08-19-2013

Animal Crossing, Netflix, Amazon Prime, a Kindle full of books. I have plenty of options thankfully...

But none of them are FFXIV!Bomb

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Raccoon - 08-19-2013

There's always loads of anime. Saints Row 4 comes out tomorrow. I gotta finish up Sleeping Dogs and then move on to Asura's Wrath; forgot what it's about but it was apparently on my Gamefly queue, so I must have liked what I saw. Oh, and I still have the last few books of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, which my niece gifted to me on kindle and am therefore obligated to read.

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Jubilation - 08-19-2013

Work mostly, graveyard convenience store work is fun right? right?...

I don't have the full early access anyway so Tongue

RE: Stop playing with our hearts square - Zyrusticae - 08-19-2013

Another update for PSO2 comes out on Wednesday. The fall school semester is starting up as well. Then there's the piles and piles of anime piling up on my backlog...

And I still have to write the profile for my alt. :<

Too much to do, so little time... and I'll have even less of it when the launch arrives.