Hydaelyn Role-Players
Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. (/showthread.php?tid=6639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Kage - 03-14-2014

As someone who is.. sorta looking to be on the more 'lawful' side of things in RP I'd love to have more interactions between both those who play criminals or dark aspects and 'lawful' people in drawn out plots that can also get into the meat and gritty politics of the cities (in this case Ul'dah).

I mean I feel that some things should definitely be hashed out OOCly but, I dunno. Maybe it's happening and I'm just not getting any :p

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - MrPoopyButtHole - 03-14-2014

I shot an unruly patron in the knee in the Quicksand (we discussed it first OOC). Thankfully no lawmen were there mwhahahaha.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Ignacius - 03-14-2014

(03-14-2014, 04:51 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote:
(03-14-2014, 04:45 PM)Ignacius Wrote: Can I still talk about how fun it would be to play Hannibal Lector with the current clash of authority figures, Clarise?

You sure can. Smile I'm hoping my post headed off any flames so we can get back to the, ahem, "meaty" discussions the original post spun off.

*hands out some fava beans and chianti*

An admin tried to ban me once.  I ate his liver, with some macaroni cheese and a nice birch beer....

Pftpftpftpftpftpft....

Maybe I'll make a serial-killer character.  I'm kind of enjoying my biker-ganger-ishness on Ignacius, but I've played the crazy sonovabitch before.  Guess I'll dust that one off and start a Thaumaturge.

In the meantime...

When you're playing a criminal or a cop, it's best to keep the golden rules in mind.  Your character doesn't know what he doesn't know, no matter how much you know, you can't auto the actions of other people, and always remember to use your common sense.

I mean, on the one hand, if you're a law enforcement official, you can't just ambush other officers, senior or junior, if you see them speaking to criminals.  It's just not smart, considering that might be an internal thing.  On the other hand, if you're engaging in questionable activities, the law will almost inevitably catch up to you, and you'd better be ready if you get caught.  If you want to live on this side of the law, you'd better be a smooth operator.

We don't have all the information to pass judgement, as I said before.  Being that I'm on Gilgamesh, it really doesn't concern me anyway.  I'd say, unless you're ready to handle the inevitable, don't play the law or dabble in crime.  Be a basketweaver or a soldier.  Being a cop or a crook is deceptively difficult to do right because so much can go wrong for your story so quickly.

As we say in architecture, think of every blatant cock-up to your design as an opportunity for development.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - cuideag - 03-14-2014

(03-14-2014, 05:47 PM)Ignacius Wrote: Being a cop or a crook is deceptively difficult to do right because so much can go wrong for your story so quickly.

As we say in architecture, think of every blatant cock-up to your design as an opportunity for development.

^ ^ ^

I've found that the key to helping keep stories running and avoiding the inevitable swarm of heroes who will do their best to put an end to you just because is LOTS of OOC communication. Villains have stories to tell, too!

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Roen - 03-14-2014

(03-14-2014, 05:54 PM)cuideag Wrote: ^ ^ ^

I've found that the key to helping keep stories running and avoiding the inevitable swarm of heroes who will do their best to put an end to you just because is LOTS of OOC communication. Villains have stories to tell, too!
Yes! Villains with their own motivations, hang ups, and stories are so much more interesting. 

But playing them out in the open for public consumption is sooo tricky and many times difficult, because everyone wants to thwart/listen in/get the better of you with their heroes.  I like for villainous plots to simmer and develop over a period of time and build! 

I have had *vague* and *somewhat scheming* conversations in public (always emoted to be really quiet or kept low) between the not-good characters because I want them to be existing with the rest of the RP world, but actually doing outright villainous things? Likely that will be in a controlled setting and only with players I trust.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Erik Mynhier - 03-14-2014

(03-14-2014, 04:10 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:
(03-14-2014, 02:33 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Seriously you know who you are. You only halfway read my current story and are always up my ass. Please stop, ok. Now if it happens again you're going on the Blist. I have asked you to stop. I like how you RP but the constant blind lawful good stuff needs to be dialed back. So knock it off, I am not going to be arrested and stripped of title or whatever you are doing. As I told someone tonight its faith, rp only works if we all agree. No one agrees that you are going to interrogate or arrest or have me kicked out of the Sworn. Its my PC and I'm the only one that can do that.

I have talked this over with many mutual friends in the past, and to you ooc about this. So get the hint. No names, you know who you are, just back off.

P.S. Why did you lock up my officer? She was being held by a sex trafficker and you lock her up because her pimp was threatened by me for threatening the Sultana in public? How does that make sense? So he make a verbal threat to the Sultana so you pay him off, arrest the victim, and threaten me? A Sworn reacting to a threat to the Sultan? What?

I am just going to vitally respond to this since this is my personal problem with him, and he seems to like to make himself look innocent to many of these case. 

First of all, you are absolutely a hypocrite. Your actions as a character is considerably the most out-broken character that anyone could interact. You have put yourself in IC position that you are unable to be "justified" or have an antagonist conflicts because you feel that your character revolves around you. You don't care if there is an antagonist or someone to aggravate with you. You like to throw "I am gonna put alpha and omega judgement on you" if you find their characters to be intimidating, but you won't accept other characters that will antagonize you that could jeopardize your character's position? Maybe perhaps that you aren't the only -military person- or -an officer- in the city that watches people's actions. 

Second, interrogation is not an arrest. It's a question like you are being pulled to local office to gain evidence. You obviously haven't really received them since you seem to think that interrogation is like the end of your character's perfect little world. It's not. There is always an alternative to recover your character. I do not personally mind having my character and be arrested, and interrogated by Natalie or any other characters. That is the only fair thing that I could have to have an interesting roleplay. But you? You just want a perfect reputation in yourself that nothing bad will happen to you. Also, yeah. I wasn't originally trying to arrest you. I was trying to interrogate you by asking questions that needed to be cleared up of why you'd decided to make death threats to the other character when he wanted to get in touch with your -new- member and didn't really do anything but say that he is Lolorito's man.

Third, "I am veteran and I am authority here" is not the way how a character claim to be. You claim yourself that you are above the highest rank for Immortal Flames and also Sultansworn, and you go off to all other characters and threaten them to "completely destroy them with your power", and then say that you have the right and power to do whatever you want with your "badge" because you are the highest rank and you are the oldest soldier in the department is not what a roleplayer should do. If you have that much authority in power and you get away with everything in what you do, then what's the point? If this isn't god-modding, then I don't know what you'd call it.

Fourth, considering that you have been always sneaking behind people's roleplay and then just read upon people's past when you weren't really there ICly is called "meta-gaming". You can't just say that you 'heard' or you 'knew' about stuff when you were not there and when it was spoken privately. Listening to conversation OOCly should NEVER be considered as you have been in that event ICly. You broke that one giant rule in Roleplaying community.

Fifth, you put yourself with an incurable disease and then got yourself killed. And then you brought yourself back to life without the incurable disease just completely being gone. If it isn't god-modding, then what is this? Sure you can get yourself revived I suppose, but when a character was having an incurable disease and then after he/she died, the disease doesn't just go "hey! It just miraculously disappeared!" There needs to be explanation to that content, but you just went off retconning the entire situation you've had in your IC backgrounds. 

Last, I did cooperate and I did just accept the fact that you just walked away from aggravating with my character. You obviously can't seem to resolve the issue between IC and OOC. 

Your member was held behind the bars because the member tried to lie. I've played my role where I've interrogated the suspect and victim, and then looked at the opposite way where victim could be suspect and the suspect could be victim. The roleplay was perfectly fine, and you decided to be melodramatic about it because you don't want your character to be "ruined". 

Oh and last, I do not mind you blacklisting me because I do not appreciate your roleplaying style. You seem to have this stubborn attitude that you want things your way, and that's just how a child would behave. Instead of PMing me OOCly, you've decided to make a thread about you being all innocent.

PS: Yes, law enforcement or any military based RP sucks because people want to be the highest rank and this stuff happens because no one wants to cooperate. 

To other members: If you think what I did was wrong, feel free to blacklist me. However, this is my personal problem with him and this should not have gotten overboard because he'd like to cry about it and make a thread thinking I would not respond to this because he decided to claim me anonymously.

As mentioned I did not name you. As for using the forums, I did so because I have asked you before not to assert authority over me, as that is the respectful thing to do. I my play a higher rank, but I have never claimed authority over any player but you, and only then as a way to IC make you go away. My authority is strictly over NPC's which I make for that purpose. I find it degrading to control another's character. This something I have done sure, we all have, but when it was brought to my attention I apologized and fixed my mistake.

My story is odd true, but it is played with friends who agreed to it, you did not and left and I respected that. We have many unorthodox stories going, one of which revolves around a Primal. As I have posted before, we all pay a sub, so we all have the right to what ever story we like as long as those involved enjoy it or at least do not mind. We do not have to justify ourselves to eachother and that is the beauty of this community. To each their own.

I took this to public ground because I felt I was not getting through to you. I did not invite you to my friend and I's RP last night yet you inserted yourself, and once the it was over and she and I had left to do other things you come on us trying to insert yourself again with undo aggression. It is true I feel as though I should not submit to anyone because at the end of the day I do not want to and that is my right as long as I do not hold myself over other players. I think you are more angry over this then I am, which I thought I would be.

Since you have named yourself I am sorry if it hurt your feelings. I was trying not to. I think people who have run with me over time see that I am a nice person OOC and I hope they see that in my character as well. I am not here to bother anyone or make it so no one can have fun. If I have done this to you I am sorry, but you must understand that at the end of the day we are all players here. This was an issue for your FC to as I was told by members who left. You are a bit heavy handed and no one wants that.

Your anger, aggression and overall negativity to my character and me is unwelcomed. I gave you that pearl as a way to repair this with you before the event. I hoped and thought we were at least friends OOC, as to why I tried to add you on FB months ago. I had wondered why you disliked me so much but I guess you confused me with my character.

I will apologize to you for posting this here and involving you, even though again I did not name you and you did not need to barge in and include yourself publicly. My intent was not to embarrass or name you, but to show how serious I was since you never seemed to understand in game either in IC or OOC. This was not meant to hurt you in anyway.

I wish we got along better, when you weren't trying to oath kill me or interrogate me or jail me, I truly had fun. One of the best times I had was when we were punking our friend OOC at the grindstone, Old Spice man remember. I thought you a friend, but I did something either IC or OOC that offended you.

As I assume you will not speak to me again after this I will sadly just say, please do not bother me with this thing again. I clearly state here that I do not accept your authority over any player except for those who give it to you. If you attempt to insert yourself in my RP in a hateful way again I will simply ignore your presents. I will not Blist you because I do not dislike you, I just think you get carried away and I must not have been clear enough, so we are both at fault. Later on, if you like, I would like to be your friend at least in OOC. I am not here to make enemies, I have enough sadness in my real life. This is where I come to have fun. I am sorry for getting angry and I am sorry for things I have said about you out of frustration.

I hope this matter can close with this. All I want to do is run my little disaster aid FC, have IC dinner with my friends, marry couples until SE adds a wedding system, and if I can continue to, do Faith Trials for new Sultansworn. I am not here to control you, I only ask you not to control me.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Xenedra - 03-14-2014

Alright guys, our lovely forum admin asked that this be taken it to PMs and with this latest post, his request has been ignored. I'm going to go ahead and lock this. In a few days I may also delete it as we don't really need peoples' business strewn across the RPC. PLEASE continue your discussion in PMs if you find it necessary.