Hydaelyn Role-Players
Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) (/showthread.php?tid=7284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event - Roswyn - 06-04-2014

Official notification of interest.

This looks fun.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 06-05-2014

We have a doodle page!  Please go to link, enter character name and pick day or days that work for you.  This way we can get as many people as possible on =D

http://doodle.com/7sekkqgxd6rscres

Note: This is not for the actual dates next week, this is just to get an idea of which day per week normally works for the most people. lol

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Knight Kat - 06-05-2014

Sooooooooo, just how much room do you have in this plot for people? I might a small army, or something like that...... Big Grin

We, or at least my character, has an IC reason to get involved at least partially.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 06-05-2014

(06-05-2014, 09:02 AM)Knight Kat Wrote: Sooooooooo, just how much room do you have in this plot for people? I might a small army, or something like that...... Big Grin

We, or at least my character, has an IC reason to get involved at least partially.

A small army huh? Bouncy lol

Anyone whom is interested is welcome to particpate either in major events or the minor events going on.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Knight Kat - 06-05-2014

(06-05-2014, 02:28 PM)Askier Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 09:02 AM)Knight Kat Wrote: Sooooooooo, just how much room do you have in this plot for people? I might a small army, or something like that...... Big Grin

A small army huh? Bouncy lol

Anyone whom is interested is welcome to particpate either in major events or the minor events going on.

Thank you. I promise I will not send them all at you, all at once. Laugh

I'll be ready for them.  lol

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Melkire - 06-05-2014

No no no no no, you don't talk to HIM, you talk to me or Kahn'a!

We blame everything on Askier for a reason.

(06-05-2014, 10:32 PM)Melkire Wrote: No no no no no, you don't talk to HIM, you talk to me or Kahn'a!

Who said I was sending them at him to talk? Evil

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 06-06-2014

(06-05-2014, 11:15 PM)Knight Kat Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 10:32 PM)Melkire Wrote: No no no no no, you don't talk to HIM, you talk to me or Kahn'a!

Who said I was sending them at him to talk? Evil

*pulls oven tray from oven.  Tray is covered in cookies*  Who said anything about talking?  I thought they were coming to eat the amazing cookies I make everyone on my team.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 06-06-2014

Sooo Atm moment we have a 4 way tie on doodle for major events.....um...need more votes please lol

http://doodle.com/7sekkqgxd6rscres

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Coatleque - 06-16-2014

I think some outside force is drawing me into this as well now. That's what I get for defending the innocent.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Clover - 06-16-2014

Aah, this sounds really interesting! I have a male hyur who is supposed to belong to the Flames, and this would give me a chance to play him in a real plot. I wonder if he could participate? ^^

I'm wary of posting my availability in case no more characters are allowed. I'm playing safe and asking first.

In any case, this is a very good idea! Good job.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Askier - 06-16-2014

(06-16-2014, 09:08 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I think some outside force is drawing me into this as well now.  That's what I get for defending the innocent.

(06-16-2014, 10:07 AM)Clover Wrote: Aah, this sounds really interesting! I have a male hyur who is supposed to belong to the Flames, and this would give me a chance to play him in a real plot. I wonder if he could participate? ^^

I'm wary of posting my availability in case no more characters are allowed. I'm playing safe and asking first.

In any case, this is a very good idea! Good job.
You are both very welcome to join, the more the merrier. =D

ATM, the tentative start date is at the end of this month, as we are rping most of the people in.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Tiergan - 06-16-2014

Hnnng... If you start this at the end of the month, how much would I miss out on if I was gone for roughly a week? I'm flying off on a vacation to visit a friend on the 28th.

RE: Brainstorm for Episodic rp event ((Poll up for getting best of the week)) - Melkire - 06-16-2014

(06-16-2014, 01:12 PM)Tiergan Wrote: Hnnng... If you start this at the end of the month, how much would I miss out on if I was gone for roughly a week?  I'm flying off on a vacation to visit a friend on the 28th.

Previous event was more of a weekly thing that eventually grew into something more dynamic, as several of us would kick sideplots along between events. That eventually came to influence the weekly meetings themselves.

If I've read through this thread right, Askier's looking to shift focus away from those weekly meetings and give people the freedom to have more of an impact on the plot, how it develops, and how it resolves.*

So, all that considered, you'll likely miss one weekly meeting at most, and whatever roleplay that people get up to amongst themselves in the interim. I doubt you'll fall behind much, to be honest, and this early on there's always room and time for folks to hop in and not feel out of place. Thumbsup 

* - Some examples from the last event, A Wind-Swept Saga:

1. I... may have personally stacked the deck for the heroes between Weeks 3 and 4, having run around recruiting whoever I could for the purpose. Ended up turning one spy into a hero, dragging a certain Lalafell Sultansworn into it, meeting with Askier under a truce, arranging for a rescue operation, etc.

2. Behind the scenes, Askier's NPC sister Saravena was slated to die during the events of Week 4. Zachary Evans surprised everyone; when the Miqo'te girl was thrown off a cliff into the ceruleum below, he asked me in /tells if he could jump in and try to save her, and if he had any chance of doing so. Surprised the hell out of me, but I figured it was both in-character and an interesting twist, so we agreed that he'd flip a coin. He called it correctly, saved the girl, and ended up impacting each and every remaining aspect of the plot by doing so. As a result, we have Askier amongst the living, a Saravena PC, and a second event (the premise of which turned out to be VERY dependent on whether Askier lived or died).   

3. The outcome of Week 5, a.k.a. the trial, may have seemed railroaded/rigged from the outside looking in, but there were IC interactions and plotting and execution that went into faking Askier's death, which, again, was precipated by Zachary saving Saravena. We ran into some really tense moments (Itar's speech, Barbarccia's insistence that the shot Askier not be moved, Selphy coming with us as we did move him, S'honji 's and Bartolomeo's pursuing of Kahn'a, etc.) that could not have happened without the participants and their freedom of movement.