Hydaelyn Role-Players
Just delete this - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Just delete this (/showthread.php?tid=8056)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Getting into Progression Statics - How to? - Aldotsk - 08-29-2014

There are still people in Coil T4-T5 who don't get it. It just takes time and patience and good group of people to teach you through it even for T6-T9.

I think you'll do well, just gotta find a better static who will teach you through. Try to join Balmung Facebook group. They are always looking for players to fill up statics.

RE: Getting into Progression Statics - How to? - Kage - 08-29-2014

The thing about my static disbanding was because we kept switching times, and people had jobs and irl things to unable to form properly anymore. But if people disbanded because they are discouraged, then they should consider trying something different aside from Coil. That's what our static did. We did CT/Primal-Ex/Hard to keep ourselves entertained if Coil was a bit stressing sometimes. 

If you want to do runs, let me know. Though I haven't beaten T5 yet.

RE: Getting into Progression Statics - How to? - Warren Castille - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:23 AM)ExKage Wrote: If only I did drink. I can't get over the taste of alcohol unless I hide it under sugary drinks/ginger beer/ginger ale/lime juice/etc.

The problem isn't wiping more so that I would prefer to be with a constant, consistent group of fun people that wouldn't just disband after 2-3 wipes. I don't see the point of wiping with group(s) for hours on end when they'll just disband and I won't see them ever again or group with them reliably.

You'd be proud of the number of Dark and Stormies I had during my vacation.

You're basically illuminating the issue here: Without a static, progression is a crapshoot. To echo my Titan experience, if you get a group that's not getting close in the first two or three attempts, it won't improve. Which that's not a hard rule, it's close enough to being a universal truth that most people will see pre-heart wipes as the writing on the wall. Similarly, if you can't get TO Divebombs, that group isn't going to be a group of Twister savants.

I'm yet to step into T7, but all it takes is one person not knowing how to handle <mechanic> and everyone's dead. If they're not managing to handle it alone, how are they going to manage with adds and fireballs and etc etc? Easier to cut and run and try again later while taking notes on who didn't have a clue.

(08-29-2014, 11:40 AM)ExKage Wrote: I've just been left with a lot of dismay that perhaps if I needed to... and actually had all these things I may consider just leaving the FC I made. At this point it's a 50/50 I'm unhappy anyway. :/

If you do that, I will personally buy a plane ticket to visit you and []Limit Break 3: Final Heaven[] on your new place. >=|

It's easy. Gosling's dark rum and ginger beer. Rum goes on the bottom, ginger on top. Makes for a cool looking glass before stirring.

I'd suggest putting together a run, but the burden of leadership can be a pain in the ass. Unfortunately, I don't know how else to advise in this situation. PF will always be a miss of people wanting to get carried, people lying about their experience and people just wanting a win. I know tanking T6 is fun and pretty painless, but again you have to learn to accept that you can be God's Gift to Tanking and still wipe in less than a minute if people don't know how to coordinate the rest of the fight.

RE: Getting into Progression Statics - How to? - Drifter - 08-29-2014

I'm in the same boat really Kage. Hells I can't even get a group to kill turn 5, or any EX Primal

I lied. It should be on top. It'll look like this when done "properly."

Show Content

I've never been one for leading, either. I make an alright officer, I think, but I'm rubbish at actually coordinating a group. I feel for you being stuck and spinning your wheels, though. That's why I was relieved when hunts/CT2 allowed progression past i100. It's not as glamorous as Coil armor, and I'm way overcompensating for accuracy right now, but I can still make my Number Go Up.

I'm not going to worry about Coil2 until I have to, which is to say... Well, who knows. I like to story so far, but it's not "for me" since I'm not on the cutting edge, so who knows.

RE: Getting into Progression Statics - How to? - Aya - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:40 AM)ExKage Wrote: I've just been left with a lot of dismay that perhaps if I needed to... and actually had all these things I may consider just leaving the FC I made. At this point it's a 50/50 I'm unhappy anyway. :/
Kage, sweetie, this is a game - its meant to be fun.  If you do run any of these things you should do so with people looking to have fun too :-]

I haven't set foot into T6 yet, and I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything, but I would like to go with a group that was fun and liked working on something challenging (which is how I did T4 and T5).  I don't know if I'll ever do T6 either, but at least we can be in the same boat!

That's the ginger beer. Then you stir it together to make a delicious treat. Or you drink the rum off of the top and then just sip ginger beer, because it's delicious.

Trust me, I know what it's like to have trouble letting go. Eventually though, I just reached a point where my career, real life and in-game contacts all conspired to make sure I'd never have the manpower or window of opportunity to make raiding fit back into my life. And honestly, I'm happier this way. I'm content to grind away on other things and not worry too much about 1) the hours of investment to learning how to win a fight and 2) hoping the RNG drops relevant loot.

My initial forays into Coil1 only last 3 months or so, and we were only clearing Turns 1/2. Despite that, I emerged with two pieces of gear for my efforts. Yeah, no. Eff that. Token systems will always be superior for my time and effort.

RE: Getting into Progression Statics - How to? - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:56 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I lied. It should be on top. It'll look like this when done "properly."

Show Content

I've never been one for leading, either. I make an alright officer, I think, but I'm rubbish at actually coordinating a group. I feel for you being stuck and spinning your wheels, though. That's why I was relieved when hunts/CT2 allowed progression past i100. It's not as glamorous as Coil armor, and I'm way overcompensating for accuracy right now, but I can still make my Number Go Up.

I'm not going to worry about Coil2 until I have to, which is to say... Well, who knows. I like to story so far, but it's not "for me" since I'm not on the cutting edge, so who knows.
(08-29-2014, 12:03 PM)ExKage Wrote: Why is it so... yellow and lightish on the bottom o.o

I wish I could say I won't worry about it but I know I'd be lying when I do :c

That drink looks amazing...
and it's probably just a different kind of ginger beer. I had one like that.

And I agree with what Warren said on the other stuff. I think I'm a casual raider. (do it for the community, not the progression, even if I WANT those cutscenes/story).

I guess the important question I'd have to ask is: Are you willing to pretty much stop playing the game outside of raids? Because that's what a progression-oriented group is going to do. It might happen slowly at first, but it'll turn the game into a grind if progression is the #1 priority. Since to progress, you'll need to have the "best" gear, and to have that, you'll have to obtain it, which just repeats the weekly login cycle of "farm for this, get that, obtain new gear, throw body at raid".

I'm gonna use a past FC as example. Half the players stopped playing the game after they cleared T5. THe other half, which are active, either left the FC to join new raid progression groups, or otherwise just farm the same raid over and over trying to progress in it to the point that it is actually making some of the irritated they can't win. It's gotten past being "fun with hard content" and become "work". "Work" in a video game. Meant to be enjoyed when not at you know, a real-life job.

All to you if you wanna make the game a job. I'd just be sad to see that happen because stress from raids on top of stress from RL things is not fun.

Edit: And yes, I'd agree that progression-based raiding can be fun. It's not for me. I'll support your decisions because each person has their own definition of fun Kage, just don't let any hasty decisions break up things that are actively fun for you now, for the possibility of fun later.