Hydaelyn Role-Players
"I love it when..." - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: "I love it when..." (/showthread.php?tid=8709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: "I love it when..." - Crisiet - 10-27-2014

When people put up with Crisiet's assholery long enough for him to prove he's not really an asshole. But he is still kind of an asshole.

To that end, I also love it when people call him out.

When random people stop to check out my characters. Yes I know, I'm beautiful. Thank you.

When I'm complimented for my tanking or healing. Confidence boosts are good, especially when I tank. I never was confident with tanking in other games.

When people don't mind that my humour can bounce between a 12 year old who just learned a new swear and being a sarcastic ass.

RE: "I love it when..." - Cade - 10-27-2014

The Naul puns in Coerthas.  Does this happen on other servers?

Getting a great random dungeon group who plays their roles well and can still casually chat and joke about things.

The /cheering and /joy random players give you when you hop off your choco to raise their friend from the Fate that didn't go so well.

RE: "I love it when..." - Steel Wolf - 10-30-2014

...I find a class that feels great.  Paladin was...okay...but Warrior.  OH MAI GLOB GAIZ THE WARRIOR!!

*gleefully charges at a random enemy and smashes with an axe*

RE: "I love it when..." - Parvacake - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 10:26 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: ...I find a class that feels great.  Paladin was...okay...but Warrior.  OH MAI GLOB GAIZ THE WARRIOR!!

*gleefully charges at a random enemy and smashes with an axe*
 IKR!? Big Grin WAR for the win!

RE: "I love it when..." - Melodia - 10-30-2014

RAWR!!! Warrior powahhhhhh!!!! Smile

I love it when I get a random tell saying hi. Makes me feel happy.

RE: "I love it when..." - ProvaDiServo - 10-30-2014

I love when I can visually indicate that I am concealing myself from view thanks to hide. Also ninja flipping into obscurity has been awesome.

RE: "I love it when..." - Marisa - 10-30-2014

I love it when non-RPers start RPing with me just for lolz. 

Fun story: Even though I haven't done progression raiding since I quit WoW, I'm currently in a hardcore raiding FC on Balmung. Didn't even apply, and I certainly don't raid with them. Basically I just showed up at their house one day and didn't leave. After about a week of playing with their furniture (it's a really tastefully decorated house!) and trying to RP with the members, one of them invited me to the FC. To this day I've never once been OOC in FC chat. None of them roleplay, but they all treat Ryoko like a real person. They even went as far as to make me a kitchen so I can make everyone dinner! They're the best.

Of course I do a different Ryoko for them than I do for actual RPer's. FC Ryoko is... basically a maid, I guess?

RE: "I love it when..." - Kage - 10-30-2014

I love it when my boss tells me that I'm crazy that I came in to work while still taking antibiotics and pain meds.

/somewhatsarcastic

RE: "I love it when..." - Dogberry - 10-30-2014

Let me tell you what I love.

I'm a pretty competitive gamer. I played a lot of Magic: the Gathering, and play Warmachine/Hordes in one of the largest and most competitive metas in the USA. Lately I've been getting into Netrunner, and have actually considered going back to Magic.

I love competition. I love it when I set traps that my opponent doesn't see and they walk right into them. I love thinking outside of the box when nobody else is, and thinking inside it when nobody expects me to. I always obey the rules, but I never play fair. I love to win.

And I also love it when I'm outsmarted. I love being just plain outplayed by my opponent. I love learning lessons and adapting so that I can improve. And yes, sometimes you lose a game out of sheer bad luck. I like that, too. Keeps you humble.

I just love it when I can sit down across from someone, and learn more about them by playing a game than hours of idle chat. Keep your tarot deck. I've brought my own, and it's blue/black.

RE: "I love it when..." - Parvacake - 10-30-2014

I love it when I log on and I have roughly ten or eleven people wanting to spend time with me once I'm online or when I step out and about. Really feels good on days when one feels low! Smile

RE: "I love it when..." - Erik Mynhier - 10-30-2014

"I love it when..."

I play new missions and find a speck of lore that feels like it was placed there just for me/my character. Obviously it was not, but its still nice. What lore speck? The Holy book for the followers of Halone..... called the Enchiridion.

RE: "I love it when..." - Aya - 10-30-2014

Rumors happen!  Either when I come up with one I really like for someone, or someone adds one to my page Smile

Its one of those events that I just feel like builds RP connections and spreads the wealth about character knowledge.

I also love reading the rumors of characters I've just met, but that's not a "love it when" kind of thing ^_^

RE: "I love it when..." - Parvacake - 10-31-2014

I love it when I get a new rumor on a character's RPC Big Grin I like seeing what other people think about my characters be it good or bad!

RE: "I love it when..." - TheShii - 10-31-2014

I love it when I'm requested as a meatshield.

RE: "I love it when..." - Parvacake - 10-31-2014

(10-31-2014, 04:35 AM)TheShii Wrote: I love it when I'm requested as a meatshield.
I'll keep that in mind for when the FC does runs ;D