Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-21-2015

Y'shtola and Minfilia have always been the least interesting for me.

I would have been ok if either had died.

I miss Moenbryda. T_T

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Titor - 01-21-2015

In the WoD Quest Line..
Was...

Was that Dyed HA Armor!?

I am not sure if this has appeared before I kind of... skim cutscenes liberally most of the time >_>. But... But I am pretty sure that was Dyed HA armor. I really hope this is foreshadowing of something they give us later! (And sorry if it is not exactly new news)

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-21-2015

It's been there ever since Syrcus Tower was released lol

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Titor - 01-21-2015

I never heard about it prior >//<

..I am so guilty of skipping cutscenes >.> Haha. They are getting more interesting though so I have been watching them more!

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-21-2015

I'd say it's worth watching each cut-scene at least once. Even if they're tedious (which is what I find the Hildibrand stuff to be) there's some hidden lore gems that serve to flesh out the game world and impact one's role-play as a result.

In my 2.3 rush I skipped the last cutscene in Syrcus Tower and had no idea that Unei, Doga, and Nero were lost to the Darkness xD;

I had thought Nero was gonna die. But nope. UNPOLLUTED HE LIVES.

I forgot what he was trying to do though...

Also, if you paid attention in ST fights Unei and Doga have clones. One of them has the HA fending chest, wields the BLM HA staff, and casts Aero. Wat.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-21-2015

I'm not sure what to make of Nero. I didn't quite catch why he wasn't killed or imprisoned once his identity became known. I suppose he wasn't actually all that loyal to the Garlean Empire after all but then rather than atoning he began obsessing over the power of darkness.

Perhaps there's something lost in translation? Is he meant to be more of a morally grey rival than an enemy?

(01-21-2015, 02:04 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of Nero. I didn't quite catch why he wasn't killed or imprisoned once his identity became known. I suppose he wasn't actually all that loyal to the Garlean Empire after all but then rather than atoning he began obsessing over the power of darkness.

Perhaps there's something lost in translation? Is he meant to be more of a morally grey rival than an enemy?
I believe it was something to the fact that he was going to help the clones with the Tower.

I think.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Ixarien - 01-21-2015

Can someone explain to me the difference between the Echo and the Blessing of Light? I thought it was the Echo that prevented the PC from being Tempered? So Middy stripped us from the Blessing of Light. What exactly does that mean? So confused Dazed

Nevermind, found this thread^^ :
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9753

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 03:15 PM)Ixarien Wrote: Can someone explain to me the difference between the Echo and the Blessing of Light? I thought it was the Echo that prevented the PC from being Tempered? So Middy stripped us from the Blessing of Light. What exactly does that mean? So confused Dazed

Nevermind, found this thread^^ :
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9753

Yeah, I think the discussion in here spurred the creation of that thread. Laugh

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 12:17 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: People were speculating why we weren't being given a new Primal fight. This is a pretty good answer why. We're arguably susceptible to anything that tempers now!

We have a new primal fight : Battle on the Big Keep. Gilgamesh used the crystals he was supposed to deliver to Julyan unknowingly to bring back his long-lost friend. Aka accidentally summoned a primal. Aka we have the primal fight, it's just not the one we think it is. Tongue

The reason why we can survive it easy is that, well, Enkidu has no idea he can, uh, we'll call it Excalipoor people.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Ashe - 01-21-2015

Kinda want to know if I was the only one who cried in the last few cutscenes? haha

But wow seriously. Ishgardians being the bad guys in the end would be awesome yet not surprising 'cause you got those fancy fancy ascians over their shoulders xPP

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

As soon as Moenbryda went down, I was like "gurl's a goner."

So, crying was kept to a minimum. They killed her too fast in my opinion.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Seriphyn - 01-22-2015

Yeah, game had me at the ducts. Never expected that level of conviction in the writing tbh. Best yet.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Telluride - 01-22-2015

I wasn't crying: I was kinda raging.

(rant ON)

It's as if I cannot be allowed to have a Scion that I like, and some writer at SE was having professional jealousy of George RR Martin. Angry

And when Minfilia was giving her little goodbye speech, I just wanted to slap some duck tape across her mouth, really. Please, remind me what you really DO for the Scions, Mini, except play Switchboard operator and get kidnapped? At least your forebears, Princess Peach and Zelda, have in recent years started earning their keep..

SE... does not care... about Roe people.

(rant OFF)

Dangit, I liked Moenbryda, axe, punk hair, attitude, accent, and all.