Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seriously, those horns - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seriously, those horns (/showthread.php?tid=11477)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Seriously, those horns - Break - 05-11-2015

Show Content
'nuff said

RE: Seriously, those horns - allgivenover - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 06:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: I demand pictures of Au Ra cuddling.

...MAKE IT HAPPEN, INTERNET.

This counts right?

[Image: tumblr_nng4obLTT11qa4vnio1_1280.png]

Source

Show Content

RE: Seriously, those horns - Gone. - 05-11-2015

Oh dang that's adorable. ;~;

RE: Seriously, those horns - Arelian - 05-11-2015

A big thing to remember is that the male horns leave a gap that's at least wide enough for the guy's head to fit between, if not slightly more. They don't have the same problem that, say, WoW trolls did where they have tusks that can curl in really close to the face. 

When you look at how large the males are (and by proxy their big-ass heads), I'd hazard a guess and say that most races aren't gonna have any issues leanin' in for some smooches. You just gotta be a little careful with it!

Now, falling on top of an Au Ra is likely to be dangerous. Which could be amusing.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Cailean Lockwood - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 07:58 PM)Sylas Wrote: Now, falling on top of an Au Ra is likely to be dangerous. Which could be amusing.

Imagine a horn crack off... ouch.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Oats McGoats - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 07:58 PM)Sylas Wrote: A big thing to remember is that the male horns leave a gap that's at least wide enough for the guy's head to fit between, if not slightly more. They don't have the same problem that, say, WoW trolls did where they have tusks that can curl in really close to the face. 

When you look at how large the males are (and by proxy their big-ass heads), I'd hazard a guess and say that most races aren't gonna have any issues leanin' in for some smooches. You just gotta be a little careful with it!

This.

Also, IIRC there's only one female set of horns that extends past the face, so I wouldn't honestly imagine there's any real difficulty kissing.

If you have something that's part of your body your entire life, you learn to work around it. The horns wouldn't be awkward for them, it's hard for me to see them as a reason to not play a race, but to each their own.

RE: Seriously, those horns - shotgunbadger - 05-11-2015

Yea it's weird for us but for someone who's lived their whole life in the body I'm assuming most everyone knows how to angle their heads or whatever to keep from eye gouging.

RE: Seriously, those horns - Otte - 05-12-2015

Since someone mentioned Auri getting stuck in shirts, and we had the same talk between friends...

[Image: tumblr_nnxrg2aySz1r3p3b1o2_1280.jpg]

RE: Seriously, those horns - Kalooeh - 05-13-2015

Reminds me of an issue for Trolls in wow for kissing
A lot of people just went with the females may kiss or do something else for affection depending on size of their tusks, but the males go with rubbing tusks against other troll's tusks or cheeks or something.
Could maybe do that kind of thing too but with their horns. Both the males and females have big enough horns so rubbing horns to show affection could be a thing

Would make an interesting interaction with cross-race relations too?

RE: Seriously, those horns - Kalooeh - 05-13-2015

(05-10-2015, 12:21 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: On that list, it's probably the Dimorphism and Kawaii Desu that get to me. I just think it's an unfair and sexist representation for SE to make the men big and intimidating and the women small and kawaii. (and still, that is even okay because you can still enjoy something, even if you don't like the way it is portrayed!) You don't have to agree. You might really like the dimorphism and really like the contrast of fierce men with cute ladies who can probably still stab you anyway. I can expect that people will adamantly disagree with my opinions and that's fine.

Honestly I would have loved it if they had made it so the females were huge and scary or plain, and the men were tiny and colorful/pretty
I mean shit it happens enough in nature
Even if one subrace of them was huge men/tiny women, and the other side was huge women/tiny men
Would have made it a lot more interesting to me.
I don't have an issue with Dimorphism because it's actually pretty common and for the most part SE has done pretty well with avoiding that kind of thing, but also I'd kind of prefer people do be more creative with it too than the usual Big muscley male, tiny feminine female thing too