Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE (/showthread.php?tid=12084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Seye Qhesu - 06-16-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:01 PM)Ciel Wrote: Couldn't care less.  I'm sick to death of FF4, FF7, and XIII getting all the remakes and additions to their worlds and lore.  They're overdone, but the fantards won't let anyone hear the end of it.  SE just needs to do a full remake of 6 from the ground up and stop ignoring its potential.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Magellan - 06-16-2015

My very first wallpaper on my very first computer:
Show Content

... words cannot express...

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - CallmeYahweh - 06-16-2015

Having both feet firmly in the '7 was the best, come at me Kefka nerds' camp, and having wished for a remake since PS2 launched -- I. Am. Hype. As. Hell.

Probably going to be peeved at Aerith (I am an Aeris guy. I know it was a mistranslation but idgaf; her name is Aeris.) in voiced dialogue, but it's like I'm a kid again. Last Guardian, Shenmue kickstarter, and FF7 PS4 remake. If I can get some Persona 5 footage before everything ends I will be completely and utterly finished.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - TheLastCandle - 06-16-2015

^ I literally stood up and cheered at The Last Guardian, and hearing the Shenmue theme almost had me in tears. Sogood.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - allgivenover - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 12:20 AM)Flower Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:01 PM)Ciel Wrote: Couldn't care less.  I'm sick to death of FF4, FF7, and XIII getting all the remakes and additions to their worlds and lore.  They're overdone, but the fantards won't let anyone hear the end of it.  SE just needs to do a full remake of 6 from the ground up and stop ignoring its potential.

"Fantards"? Wow, that isn't unnecessary or anything. 

OH WELL LOL 

[Image: 7C764C4E1D6BEFBFA1E0180B698B496691CFBDBF]

In b4 moderation for image macro. Despite it being totally warranted and relevant.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - OttoVann - 06-16-2015

Japan doesn't make good vidya anymore, but I'll still buy it on PC.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - g0ne - 06-16-2015

Final Fantasy 7 came out when I was a little one. And at that time I wasn't that good at games. But now I can finally play Final Fantasy 7 to my heart's content. ; ; Happy tears.

Also, I want a Final Fantasy 6 remake too! Please SE, FF6 as well! Bouncy

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - CallmeYahweh - 06-16-2015

The real question here is: how much of my life is going way to raising a gold chocobo again?

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Zyrusticae - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 12:00 AM)theincubuslord Wrote: This and the Cammy reveal for Street Fighter V were the two main things I love the most about E3 so far.

Funny, I had close to the exact opposite reaction to this.

Show Content

But anyway. Yeah. FFVII. How many more years will we have to wait for this, I wonder? Heh. Gotta get KH3 and FFXV out the door first, I think.

Hope it doesn't take too long for gameplay footage to surface.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Reldin - 06-16-2015

Probably won't be seeing this until late 2017 or 2018.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Enla - 06-16-2015

FF7 was my first introduction to the series, and while it has long since become a game I have no real love for I'm still gladdened for all the fans of it who have had their wishes answered. I'll probably play it on PC provided the port isn't a mess, just to see what they've done different, and hope that it being successful will ensure a remake of 6 or 9 in the coming years. But, given the whole popularity scale 8 will likely be the next in line... Which I will refuse to play as I found almost nothing redeeming about that title, save Triple Triad.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - cherrybomb - 06-16-2015

aww ye gimme me the batshit surreality of the Wall Market infiltration in full, glorious HD

my ideal for this is that they keep the EU stuff far away. the dumb retcons, the floaty Advent Children style of "action", the complete 180 of most of the cast's personality into blandville, all of it. blech that stuff has been so consistently bad.

I hope they keep the off-kilter charm of the original; if they tone that down in favor of constant brooding melodrama it'll kill my enthusiasm super fast. Let Aeris/th be the awesome saucy weirdo she was in the original and not the pure-hearted macguffin she is in everything else. Let Yuffie still be kind of an amoral asshole and not a generic genki girl, let Cloud go back to being that cocky goober who says shit like, "Shinra dog! I'm gonna dognap you!!"

FFVII has the goofy distinction of being both under- and over- rated. It's a very flawed but uniquely cool game that's often misremembered, or remembered for the wrong reasons. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aduu Avagnar - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:12 AM)cherrybomb Wrote: my ideal for this is that they keep the EU stuff far away. the dumb retcons, the floaty Advent Children style of "action", the complete 180 of most of the cast's personality into blandville, all of it. blech that stuff has been so consistently bad.
I wasn't aware that all that stuff was the fault of Europe....

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 01:25 AM)allgivenover Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 12:20 AM)Flower Wrote:

"Fantards"? Wow, that isn't unnecessary or anything. 

OH WELL LOL 

[Image: 7C764C4E1D6BEFBFA1E0180B698B496691CFBDBF]

In b4 moderation for image macro. Despite it being totally warranted and relevant.
That gif is beautiful

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - cherrybomb - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 05:41 AM)Nako Wrote: I wasn't aware that all that stuff was the fault of Europe....
I'm not sure if you're messing with me and if I'm ruining the joke by explaining, but in this context it's short for extended universe. Usually born from the creative process of "aww shit how long can we cash in on <MEDIA PROPERTY>?"

also,

[Image: GdCn883.jpg]

FFVII is a Cool Game