Hydaelyn Role-Players
Selling housing now illegal? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Selling housing now illegal? (/showthread.php?tid=13527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Kage - 12-28-2015

Fairly sure what happened is that they didn't get the amount of reports that went out at RareX in an earlier time.

As I've already mentioned, I had had a thread in the official forums deleted as it advertised the sale of my medium goblet house.

No warning to my SE account but a notice that my thread was deleted. I didn't post in PF so likely I didn't get reported.

Now, they got a shitton of reports and started to act more on it. Most likely.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-28-2015

The way all these things have been mishandled I'm really starting to question the Dev team.

They have this weird way of forbidding things and then just letting them happen. Parsers were one thing mentioned, Lotteries are another, housing is one too.

Basically it encourages people who don't follow the rules, as there are no consequences for breaking them. If you try to do what the GMs want you're going to lose out, as others will jump ahead of you and do it anyway.

Even the ability to sell Eternal bond bracelets for money, Yoshi P was like "Please don't do that" and then took no steps to prevent it. Win trading in PVP is the same way.

Things need to be cut and dry, either they're against the ToS or they aren't. Getting real tired of these rules that aren't clear or enforced.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Kellach Woods - 12-28-2015

Won't be the dev team on this one sadly, that'd be more up to production. Dev team can set up their rules as much as they want but it's up to production to ensure that everyone else is on the same page.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Oli! - 12-28-2015

Although the dev team and the production / oversight team are two separate entities at first glance, they are nonetheless merely the left and right arms of a larger entity.

The fact that they aren't coordinated, or the fact that one or the other is not doing their job very well, can still be a source of disappointment for people, especially since a failure to do their jobs on an individual level still reflects poorly on the entity that they serve.

(12-28-2015, 08:20 PM)Oli! Wrote: Although the dev team and the production / oversight team are two separate entities at first glance, they are nonetheless merely the left and right arms of a larger entity.

The fact that they aren't coordinated, or the fact that one or the other is not doing their job very well, can still be a source of disappointment for people, especially since a failure to do their jobs on an individual level still reflects poorly on the entity that they serve.

Oh for sure. I'm just clarifying that it may just be "fuck SE" rather than "fuck Yoshi P" or whatever the youngins say these days.

Production hiccups = Bad times for everyone.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Edgar - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 07:40 PM)McBeefâ„¢ Wrote: The way all these things have been mishandled I'm really starting to question the Dev team.

They have this weird way of forbidding things and then just letting them happen. Parsers were one thing mentioned, Lotteries are another, housing is one too.

Basically it encourages people who don't follow the rules, as there are no consequences for breaking them. If you try to do what the GMs want you're going to lose out, as others will jump ahead of you and do it anyway.

Even the ability to sell Eternal bond bracelets for money,  Yoshi P was like "Please don't do that" and then took no steps to prevent it. Win trading in PVP is the same way.

Things need to be cut and dry, either they're against the ToS or they aren't. Getting real tired of these rules that aren't clear or enforced.

This post sums up my thoughts on the matter rather nicely, I feel. You'd think it'd be common sense that you can't maintain order if your own Development team can't decide on what the rules are.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Lost River - 12-28-2015

It is either that or they clearly care primarily for their JP customer base only. Or, as said earlier, possibly said team doesn't speak English well on the GM department.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Oli! - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 09:37 PM)Lost River Wrote: It is either that or they clearly care primarily for their JP customer base only. Or, as said earlier, possibly said team doesn't speak English well on the GM department.

Considering the scale of SquareEnix as a company, I'm sure that they've hired English-speaking staff that lives in the West in order to service members of their Western release.

Pretty sure they have dedicated teams per data center.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Allegro Symphonic - 12-31-2015

That specific GM was the one who "Assisted" my guild in an incident that happened awhile back on Balmung where our Free Company Master had locked the house and refused to let anyone out of the FC. A few of us tried every channel of support and every channel gave us macros, and that they had no "power" to assist us. This GM specifically dodged around every question I had about if any action would be done to get me and other members out. A week or two almost passed before we were fed up and the FC master literally told us to give her furniture or she wouldnt let us out. The GMs never helped, and never assisted us. And mentioning this got me banned for a week from the FFXIV official forums.

The GMs and team in this game are absolutely terrible.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - LadyRochester - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 02:38 AM)Allegro Symphonic Wrote: That specific GM was the one who "Assisted" my guild in an incident that happened awhile back on Balmung where our Free Company Master had locked the house and refused to let anyone out of the FC. A few of us tried every channel of support and every channel gave us macros, and that they had no "power" to assist us. This GM specifically dodged around every question I had about if any action would be done to get me and other members out. A week or two almost passed before we were fed up and the FC master literally told us to give her furniture or she wouldnt let us out. The GMs never helped, and never assisted us. And mentioning this got me banned for a week from the FFXIV official forums.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can someone lock you in an FC house? Can't you just teleport away or log out and back in to re-appear outside the estate? I can understand being locked out, but not in.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 02:54 AM)LadyRochester Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 02:38 AM)Allegro Symphonic Wrote: That specific GM was the one who "Assisted" my guild in an incident that happened awhile back on Balmung where our Free Company Master had locked the house and refused to let anyone out of the FC. A few of us tried every channel of support and every channel gave us macros, and that they had no "power" to assist us. This GM specifically dodged around every question I had about if any action would be done to get me and other members out. A week or two almost passed before we were fed up and the FC master literally told us to give her furniture or she wouldnt let us out. The GMs never helped, and never assisted us. And mentioning this got me banned for a week from the FFXIV official forums.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can someone lock you in an FC house? Can't you just teleport away or log out and back in to re-appear outside the estate? I can understand being locked out, but not in.

FC members can be locked out of their house, which means if they have a personal room, they can't destroy it, effectively being held hostage in the FC.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - LadyRochester - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 03:05 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

FC members can be locked out of their house, which means if they have a personal room, they can't destroy it, effectively being held hostage in the FC.

Oh goodness, I feel stupid now. That makes sense. I do have to ask, how did the event turn out? I hope that FC leader is kicked or out of the game.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Hyakki - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 03:11 AM)LadyRochester Wrote:

Oh goodness, I feel stupid now. That makes sense. I do have to ask, how did the event turn out? I hope that FC leader is kicked or out of the game.

Nope. They're still playing, still own the house, no punishment whatsoever. GMs didn't do shit about it.
The only reason people got out was because the player that lead in their absence gave into their demands for furniture/gil.

I was one of many that reported the FC leader for harassment, the GM said they could not accept reports made on behalf of another player and even though we said Allegro was right there in front of us, waiting for a GM to speak to, the GM said they could only address Allegro in the order the tickets were received even though they sent one long before any of us did.

GM support in this game is a joke.

RE: Selling housing now illegal? - Kage - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 04:25 AM)Mamushi Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 03:11 AM)LadyRochester Wrote:

Nope. They're still playing, still own the house, no punishment whatsoever. GMs didn't do shit about it.
The only reason people got out was because the player that lead in their absence gave into their demands for furniture/gil.

I was one of many that reported the FC leader for harassment, the GM said they could not accept reports made on behalf of another player and even though we said Allegro was right there in front of us, waiting for a GM to speak to, the GM said they could only address Allegro in the order the tickets were received even though they sent one long before any of us did.

GM support in this game is a joke.
The FC leader in this instance is one of those I honestly would not mind naming and shaming on the official forum or here but alas.

Unfortunately, in this instance, I do not believe the GM even knew what the problem (what kept everyone from just leaving) is or was. They didn't have the power to do anything about the housing keeping them locked issue (I'm at work but I've read a few things here or there about what usual powers GMs have and don't have.) but they really should have dealt with the issue involved with the FC leader griefing people.

Tiergan, with Tiergan's FC help, was only able to recreate the issue in a -very specific- circumstance. Guest Access to the Estate must be turned off. The GMs, most likely as most of us didn't know, that people couldn't remove furnishings if they have 0 privileges, No Estate Hall Access -AND- Guests cannot enter the estate.