Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! (/showthread.php?tid=14090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Desu Nee - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:45 PM)SicketySix Wrote: So how do you plan on playing for the first time?

Do you plan on just making choices as you would if it was you in the game?
Do you come up with a character concept and RP the game out?
Do you maybe just jump in and wing everything as it comes up?

What character type are you leaning towards?
My first playthrought I'll probably be a saint. I played NV like, 8 times, but I never did a single Legion playthrought and that's a fact I am proud.

I'm kind of a puss to be a horrible person in vidya gaems. After my first playthroughts, I'll take more "immersive" playthroughts like I always do.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Cato - 11-09-2015

I kept wanting to try out playing the bad guy in Fallout 3 & New Vegas but I never managed to bring myself to actually go through with it. I generally prefer playing the 'good guy' or a more morally grey character rather than the sort who just goes around doing really horrific things for the sake of doing really horrific things.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Oroban - 11-09-2015

Five hours and fifty one minutes until it unlocks. I'm eating, taking a nap, and then I have a row of energy drinks waiting for me. I work tomorrow, but I'll survive. Somehow.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Nero - 11-09-2015

Thank lordy for Australian VPNs. Now to spend the next nine hours creating a character.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Oli! - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:45 PM)SicketySix Wrote: So how do you plan on playing for the first time?

Do you plan on just making choices as you would if it was you in the game?
Do you come up with a character concept and RP the game out?
Do you maybe just jump in and wing everything as it comes up?

What character type are you leaning towards?

sidequests m8

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - CrimsonMars - 11-09-2015

PS4 version's gonna suck... Sad

Welp, now I know what I'm gonna do all day tomorrow.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Aaron - 11-09-2015

Wing everything .

Best way to go about it.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Makyn Loneseeker - 11-09-2015

My first game I'm gonna go in and shoot all he bad guys.

Second run through might RP a marksman rifle guy...

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Oli! - 11-10-2015

As far as builds go I usually go for Science, Lockpicking, and Energy-Weapons, in that order.

My offense isn't the best but thanks to Science and LP I can get into all the game's secret rooms and shit.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Makyn Loneseeker - 11-10-2015

10 MINUTES.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Oli! - 11-10-2015

IT'S TIME

AAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Cato - 11-10-2015

My copy is due to arrive between 8am and 8pm. It's currently 7:30am. Hopefully it'll be delivered sooner rather than later!

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - SicketySix - 11-10-2015

How do you all like it so far? I've yet to play it, real life keeps getting in the way!

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Cato - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 02:39 PM)SicketySix Wrote: How do you all like it so far? I've yet to play it, real life keeps getting in the way!

It's pretty amazing so far. Everything I hoped for and more. Character creation is very in-depth though I went for the default look for my guy since I liked his look and it let me enter the game much quicker. I won't spoil anything, naturally, but the quests I've done so far have been great too.

RE: Fallout 4 is almost upon us! - Coda - 11-10-2015

They cleaned up a lot of the issues I had with FO3 and NV.

Combat feels good, and there's actual enemy variety now. Yao Gaui aren't just bigger, reskinned molerats anymore and Deathclaws aren't just slightly altered Ghouls. Everything attacks you differently instead of just bee-lining at you.

The animation work is really great; human enemies and companions will use cover as if there were a cover system. Ferals will literally dive at you and crash into the ground in a roll, and Deathclaws zigzag or toss things. The AI still isn't perfect, but its leagues better.

The crafting is just amazing without being tedious or intimidating.

The new Special system is... very different, but not strictly bad, and a lot less frustrating. Its much easier to plan than before if you're into that sort of thing. Thanks to level restrictions, the game will stay balanced longer, at least until you get to 40-50 and you start capping Perks and Stats. 

Overall, I'm impressed. This feels like a much better leap than ES4 to Skyrim was.