Hydaelyn Role-Players
Official RPC Census 2016 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Official RPC Census 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=15961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Valence - 04-26-2016

Not a big deal over 140 answers... Will just have to put it back in my head where it's supposed to be and that's it...
I also totally agree regarding your stance on alts. At best, it could be interesting to have a poll where it is asked if the voter has any alts and how many, but that's it... Otherwise it loses any meaning.

For half-breeds though, I think it could actually be interesting to see how many of those there are around... Even if in a different question (is your character a halfbreed Y/N?).

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Garza Redwing - 04-26-2016

Did this an' all that.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - LiadansWhisper - 04-26-2016

The only thing that gave me pause is that you linked classes to Jobs, and in some cases, you're going to have people that fit one but not the other. Grouping Conjurers and White Mages together doesn't make a lot of sense when there are (or should be) almost no White Mages. Same with Thumaturges and Black Mages. The results are going to make it appear that we have White and Black Mages coming out of our ears, when in fact, they're pretty uncommon (most people are going to be choosing those categories to show that their character is a Conjurer or Thaumaturge).

Lots of people may play an Arcanist, but have nothing to do with Summoner or Scholar. There's nothing that says that either Summoner or Scholar requires Arcanist as a background (as the class didn't exist when those two disciplines were formed), so there are people out there who RP as Scholars, for instance, with no background whatsoever in Arcanomancy.

I just feel like the class/job breakdown is going to skew the results and give inaccurate information.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Shoshopu - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 01:59 PM)Valence Wrote: Not a big deal over 140 answers... Will just have to put it back in my head where it's supposed to be and that's it...
I also totally agree regarding your stance on alts. At best, it could be interesting to have a poll where it is asked if the voter has any alts and how many, but that's it... Otherwise it loses any meaning.

I mean, basically this??

I, at least, wasn't trying to suggest at all that alts should be weighted the same as mains (as all responses re: alts seem to infer), because the poll is mostly trying to estimate what you'll see out in the world any given day you log in, based on which character each person plays the most, yeah? I understand that.

But just something to acknowledge alts at all would have been be nice, especially for people who have a hard time deciding which character is their 'main', or if their 'main' shuffles around a lot, because I know a couple people who sort of binge-RP a character for months at a time before switching to another one once something inspires them to do something with a different character. I understand that'd add a lot of length and complexity to the poll and that's why it's not there... I'm just putting it out there anyway. Feedback, you know? Maybe something to consider in the future, if anything.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Kellach Woods - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:05 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: If someone else did it, you click the second one.

Second one explicitly says:
Quote:Only the overall main events impact my character (Calamity, seasonal events, world events, etc)

Whereas what we're saying is whatever happens in questlines no matter how minor has happened. That option isn't very well covered by that statement. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, Ultros is/was a receptionist for the coliseum and Typhon is indeed asked to sneeze like a mofo in the Gold Saucer.

However, that's things that you could reasonably dismiss as not-main events.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - ArmachiA - 04-27-2016

I did not read the last one very well at all and checked the "Lol what's lore?" option by mistake since I thought it meant my character has no bearing on the main story not the main story has no bearing on my character T_T, I meant the second one. Ah well.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Leggerless - 04-27-2016

Even I filled this out and my appearance here is practically once a blue moon nowadays.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Aya - 04-27-2016

I really wish I could have answered the "orientation" question with: "wouldn't you like to know!"

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Sin - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 01:14 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: I did not read the last one very well at all and checked the "Lol what's lore?" option by mistake since I thought it meant my character has no bearing on the main story not the main story has no bearing on my character T_T, I meant the second one. Ah well.

Same. It's disappointing since it makes my chosen response completely opposed to what I intended.

Oh well.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Gabineaux - 04-27-2016

Can't you edit your response to the census? Like I think at the end of it when I did it there was like a.. change response thing. Let me look again real quick.

Edit: nooope it wants me to fill out another one MMMMM mmm.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-27-2016

For modifications, you'll want to send Kylin a PM like he mentioned.

If there're a bunch of PMs, then the staff might start handling it differently based on load.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - K'nahli - 04-27-2016

Posted ~   Will share it with other people.

Edit:
Assuming someone actively RPs more than one character, or engaged in more RP on a character they, in spite of which, would not consider their RP main, would it be permitted to create a second listing to involve such an alt, or would that still be unwanted?

Despite having seven characters, this is not the case for me since I am hardly even active on my main - but I can think of at least a couple of people that I have recommended this poll to that might feel that way. One in fact has her main as a hyur, but her alt is arguably the most active in the RP scene and is a member of the same tribe as my character.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Jana - 04-27-2016

Someone whose PvE main is different from their RP main should probably just answer for the character they RP as the most. These are meant to be metrics for the forums, not all of Balmung, so answering for a character they don't RP much with skews things away.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Kylin - 04-29-2016

The responses have slowed to a crawl in the last 24 hours. I'm considering bumping the deadline up to Wednesday the 4th as a result.

Thanks to the over 200 RPers who have voted so far though!

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - ExAtomos - 04-29-2016

I think the thing with the alts is that you're basically asking us to pick a favorite child. :v Hell, even now I'm wondering if I should pm you to ask for a do-over just due to the RP vs PvE "Main" conflict (which still hasn't been clarified. lol). I am curious over what "voting power" comes with this census though. XD