Hydaelyn Role-Players
Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It (/showthread.php?tid=8018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Kage - 08-28-2014

After Holmgang. You want to make sure you live after all.

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Melkire - 08-28-2014

Don't forget to lead with Thrill of Battle before Infuriating, and to pop Second Wind after Berserking. Thumbsup

EDIT: Actually, it ought to look like this:

Holmgang > Thrill of Battle > Infuriate > Bloodbath > Unchained > Berserk > Second Wind > Vengeance

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Aya - 08-28-2014

This thread took a turn!  And I kind of like it... ^_^

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 03:17 PM)Melkire Wrote: Don't forget to lead with Thrill of Battle before Infuriating, and to pop Second Wind after Berserking. Thumbsup

Holmgang > Thrill of Battle > Infuriate > Bloodbath > Unchained > Berserk > Second Wind > Vengeance

But Wouldn't it be better to save Holm for after all the crazy? Using it to start would yes, ensure you never die, but this is a WAR we're talking about. ...Thrill would give them infinite HP.

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Melkire - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 03:27 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 03:17 PM)Melkire Wrote: Don't forget to lead with Thrill of Battle before Infuriating, and to pop Second Wind after Berserking. Thumbsup

But Wouldn't it be better to save Holm for after all the crazy? Using it to start would yes, ensure you never die, but this is a WAR we're talking about. ...Thrill would give them infinite HP.

We're surviving potentially lethal knife throws first (trololololo "lethal" knife throws), then we're striking back.

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-28-2014

The next important question is if we're allowed to use PvP skills in the quicksand.

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 03:33 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 03:27 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

We're surviving potentially lethal knife throws first (trololololo "lethal" knife throws), then we're striking back.

Oh, then Holm away Big Grin

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Kage - 08-28-2014

If I remember correctly, the offending knife throw was a oneshot!

I like the sound of PVP skills. Let's tetsudo and gory slash our way to victory on offending knife throwers.

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Oscare - 08-28-2014

It's funny when people think when you sign your character up to be a "police", they think you'll actually do "police" stuff often. You don't. It gets boring, monotonous, and you'll probably be hated by the community for the rest of forever. Also, everyone and their mothers would be in jail. There's a reason why we don't get handicuffs for this kind of stuff. :P

RE: Law Enforcement and the Impossibility of Playing It - Val - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 01:16 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: It's outright-hostility-in-a-world-where-that-shit's-illegal that makes me frown.

Fortunately, those sorts of 14-year-old-boy-power-fantasy-badass sorts are the exception, not the rule.

While I don't normally condone it, I believe that when it comes to certain people thinking their character is invincible when it comes to causing random acts of violence, it is best to ignore them. Usually I do what I can to involve everyone in my RP, but if the same guy comes into the bar for the fourth or fifth time and causes issue without accepting any of the IC repercussions of his actions, then I'll eventually end up ignoring him.

As I've stated in the OpenRP linkshell, I came from a place where that simply wasn't tolerated. You had people that RPed as law enforcement and villains that would actively respect it. It was fun! Sometimes the villains won and got away, other times they barely escaped and had some serious injuries that they had to try and hide. Then they were jailed, which led to interesting RP of them being jailed and/or their gang or friends breaking them out somehow. All of those roads lead to wonderful character development for the villain, the law enforcement RPers, and the random people that are around to witness. I strongly feel that it helps to foster a healthy and fun RP environment, so long as everyone continues to respect everyone and all that good stuff.