Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE (/showthread.php?tid=12084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ryanti - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 06:04 AM)cherrybomb Wrote: FFVII is a Cool Game

Simulated incest roleplay between a crossdressing man and .. that guy. In HD. 1080P. 60 FPS.

I wonder who's gonna get the job to render the cutscene for that one on some random Tuesday morning..

"Welp, that's one for the intern!"

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - mongi291 - 06-16-2015

Tsk, as if.
I'm still waiting for that FFVI 3D remake, SE, and nothing else you throw at me will make me happy!

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Lottie - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 06:04 AM)cherrybomb Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 05:41 AM)Nako Wrote: I wasn't aware that all that stuff was the fault of Europe....
I'm not sure if you're messing with me and if I'm ruining the joke by explaining, but in this context it's short for extended universe. Usually born from the creative process of "aww shit how long can we cash in on <MEDIA PROPERTY>?"

also,

[Image: GdCn883.jpg]

FFVII is a Cool Game

Oh my god, yes. I hope they relive each moment of this and my other favorite scenes like Scarlet's slap fight, Sephiroth staking the bajillion foot snake on a tree and Cloud's flashback playthrough (aka Sephy slaughters while you try not to die with your 50 hp).

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Dogberry - 06-16-2015

I'm gonna join The Buddy Club.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Kilid/Torhe - 06-16-2015

Having never had a NES or SNES FF until being introduced to emulation, FFVII on an underpowered Thinkpad laptop that didn't quite have enough RAM but had a CPU that was JUST powerful enough to run the game in a quarter-screen window was my first FF experience Big Grin Cruddy MIDI audio and all!  Love it <3 still have mah original discs, in fact (Three, plus the install disc, and the manual), as well as the Steam edition.

Can't wait to take on a gloriously rendered Emerald Weapon *Twiddles thumbs*

*Dances around amidst the hate*

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Kellach Woods - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 12:00 AM)theincubuslord Wrote: This and the Cammy reveal for Street Fighter V were the two main things I love the most about E3 so far. Sadly, this means I need to get me a PS4 (I chose the XB1). Damn SFV being PS4 exclusive. :/

As for FFVII, it's about goddamn time they did this! Big Grin

It's called both of these games are getting a PC release.

Also, EU in this case stands for Expanded Universe, not Europe.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - ProvaDiServo - 06-16-2015

< Kanyeshrug.gif >

I got FFX HD and Ryu in Smash 4 I'm good for now.

Though I'm sure the streets are bugging out over it.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Kellach Woods - 06-16-2015

They are.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Adolar - 06-16-2015

Now we just need Half Life 3 and all will be good in the world.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Manari - 06-16-2015

I guess I can abandon all hope for a solid remake of Final Fantasy VI with a better translation to show the world how amazing it's story and characters are.

I loved FFVII when it first came out. It was a superb RPG. But I am so over it's hype and crazy fandom. You know they are going to ruin it's story with all the added filler crap they have created thanks to Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-16-2015

Crisis Core was good though >_>

Without it Zack is just a background character and Sephiroth evil for the hell of it.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Gegenji - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 09:12 AM)Aaron Wrote: Sephiroth evil for the hell of it.

Being an experiment of Hojo (and that other scientist whose name escapes me - not Lucrecia, the one he idolizes) wrought from the cells of a form-changing alien, and not being told about it - ultimately finding out only after realizing what a Mako facility was actually being used for, along with days of sleepless research of research documents and journals - is "for the hell of it"? Huh

I mean, he could've decided to use his genetic heritage for good instead of the whole "MY MOTHER" thing, but it's not like he went off the deep end for no reason. Definitely better presented than Kefka's insanity due to being the subject of experimental Magitek infusion - which was left as a throw away NPC message you could miss.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 09:15 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 09:12 AM)Aaron Wrote: Sephiroth evil for the hell of it.

Being an experiment of Hojo (and that other scientist whose name escapes me - not Lucrecia, the one he idolizes) wrought from the cells of a form-changing alien, and not being told about it - ultimately finding it only after realizing what a Mako facility was actually being used for, along with days of sleepless research of research documents and journals - is "for the hell of it"? Huh

I mean, he could've decided to use his genetic heritage for good instead of the whole "MY MOTHER" thing, but it's not like he went off the deep end for no reason.
He wouldnt have been evil without Genesis.

Genesis drove him mad. But if CC didnt exist one could genuinely guess hes evil bevause he wants to rule for the hell of it.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Gegenji - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 09:20 AM)Aaron Wrote: He wouldnt have been evil without Genesis.

Genesis drove him mad. But if CC didnt exist one could genuinely guess hes evil bevause he wants to rule for the hell of it.

He was evil before Genesis was even a thing in the continuity. And he didn't want to rule - he was calling down Meteor to destroy everything.

He went on what was supposed to be a routine inspection of a Mako Reactor, found out Hojo was using the Mako to try and make more supersoldiers like him. Freaked out, locked himself in the study for a few days to try and make heads or tails of the situation - and found out he was the child of Jenova, whom was believed to be one of the Cetra. He goes over-the-top about his new discovered heritage and blames the settled Cetra (those that became normal people) for all the ills of the world and goes to hang out with Mom.

During which he attacks Tifa, and then gets into a fight with Cloud and is thrown over a pipe into the Lifestream below. Recoups up north and manipulates fragments of Jenova into doing his bidding, culminating in him using the very person who defeated him to bring him the key to destroying the world. Really, looking at it - it all seems like a horrendously fatalistic revenge-plot against Cloud rather than being just for the hell of it.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Manari - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 09:15 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Definitely better presented than Kefka's insanity due to being the subject of experimental Magitek infusion - which was left as a throw away NPC message you could miss.

"Yeah well that's like, just your opinion, man."

And I "definitely" completely disagree. But I'm not 14 any more, and my flame war days are behind me.