Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read (/showthread.php?tid=2594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Nachte - 07-06-2013

Since I made my beta character for phase 3 on coeurl (I didn't yet know about the rp community), I'll probably just roll a lowbie version of him on gilgamesh to rp with during this phase. 

I'm only available late at night though. :/ Gosh darn retail closing shifts on weekends. Can't wait for phase 4 where its not my work days that the games open.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Bravehol - 07-06-2013

Will you create the LS this weekend? Or wait until phase 4?

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-06-2013

Phase 4 definitely. Just waiting on the subforums first.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Vashies Alexander - 07-07-2013

(07-06-2013, 12:23 AM)Bravehol Wrote: Hey!

I was afraid of staying at Gilgamesh because I thought I wouldn't find anybody to RP with. Well, I'm sticking around now! Big Grin

As this is still a small community, we could add everyone to our friendlist's and start getting to know all.

Can you post your character names?
Feel free to add me: Yahri'a Wahkin
Invite me me any time! Vashies Alexander

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - MrHeat - 07-08-2013

You can add me Mr Heat. Right now I'm on ultros, working on macros and getting use to the mechanics of the game, but I made Mr Heat this past weekend on Gilgamesh so I can hope on and talk to people if need be.

I think we should have a small meet up this Friday night or sometime sat. so we as a group can introduce ourselves and plan things.

also quick question. What's a linkpearl?

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Scarlet Willow - 07-08-2013

(07-08-2013, 01:11 AM)MrHeat Wrote:

Linkshells are sort of like private chat channels with a group of people; you can have up to eight of them. In 1.0 they were supposed to be a type of guild system, and now they sort of are a lesser form of such. Free Companies are more similar to guilds of other MMOs; you can only have one, private chat channel, and have rewards/achievements if I'm not mistaken.

(07-08-2013, 01:21 AM)Scarlet Willow Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 01:11 AM)MrHeat Wrote:

Linkshells are sort of like private chat channels with a group of people; you can have up to eight of them. In 1.0 they were supposed to be a type of guild system, and now they sort of are a lesser form of such. Free Companies are more similar to guilds of other MMOs; you can only have one, private chat channel, and have rewards/achievements if I'm not mistaken.
and someone has to give you a pearl first? thanks for the info.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-08-2013

(07-08-2013, 01:11 AM)MrHeat Wrote: You can add me Mr Heat. Right now I'm on ultros, working on macros and getting use to the mechanics of the game, but I made Mr Heat this past weekend on Gilgamesh so I can hope on and talk to people if need be.

I think we should have a small meet up this Friday night or sometime sat. so we as a group can introduce ourselves and plan things.

This phase is over isn't it? If so I'm open for a Friday night Skype convo.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Rosekitten - 07-08-2013

This is a fantastic read and really is swaying me more to lean towards Gilgamesh then my plans to go on the other server. But I'm glad you went over everything in such detail. Really I never gave it much thought on tavern rp's being disliked. I kind of saw them as a need to have sort of thing.

Maybe I'll make a character on Gilgamesh this upcoming 5th weekend to see how things are over there. I was on the other server and I didn't really see anything too exciting happening other then some leveling going on and people looking for new members to their free companies.

(07-08-2013, 01:39 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 01:11 AM)MrHeat Wrote: You can add me Mr Heat. Right now I'm on ultros, working on macros and getting use to the mechanics of the game, but I made Mr Heat this past weekend on Gilgamesh so I can hope on and talk to people if need be.

Should be one more test for extended server use, but things could have changed.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Mtoto Wamoto - 07-08-2013

(07-08-2013, 09:19 AM)MrHeat Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 01:39 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:

Should be one more test for extended server use, but things could have changed.
Yup. Wednesday July 10th - Monday July 15th is the next test date.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Alothia - 07-08-2013

(07-08-2013, 07:55 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: This is a fantastic read and really is swaying me more to lean towards Gilgamesh then my plans to go on the other server. But I'm glad you went over everything in such detail. Really I never gave it much thought on tavern rp's being disliked. I kind of saw them as a need to have sort of thing.

Maybe I'll make a character on Gilgamesh this upcoming 5th weekend to see how things are over there. I was on the other server and I didn't really see anything too exciting happening other then some leveling going on and people looking for new members to their free companies.

Please keep in mind that almost all of the RPers have been playing on Gilgamesh this test. A large portion of us are going back to Balmung for the last phase.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Rosekitten - 07-08-2013

Oh well thank you for saying that. I'm glad I checked back on this thread.  I know a few from the free company I was looking to join were on Balmung but nothing really was happening besides just testing things out it seemed. ^^; Plus I was giving it the benefit of the doubt that it was beta and there might be a lot like my husband who don't really play due to characters being wiped.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-08-2013

Alright for anyone looking to meet up this weekend I will be around Friday on the server due to the recent announcement of the extended test!

(07-08-2013, 10:45 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Alright for anyone looking to meet up this weekend I will be around Friday on the server due to the recent announcement of the extended test!
Sounds good.