Hydaelyn Role-Players
18+ Age Restrictions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 18+ Age Restrictions (/showthread.php?tid=299)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Kashemia - 08-20-2010

Len Wrote:51yr old ( not sure how he can even play at that old age , but oh well )

Age is all relative to experience and natural maturity

Do you see the funny thing in having those two senteces right after eachother? Wink
I don't know exactly what century you're from, but now, you're really not that old when you're 50.

And about the verification of age: I really think we were just joking around. At least I was. I would never demand anyone to prove to me that they're +18. I trust people, and if it turns out they lied, and their parents are upset or something, well, that can't exactly be my problem.
I doubt any guild here would really start demanding stuff like that Tongue

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-20-2010

Psh. Age verification. Whats the fun in that? I actually wont join a guild if they have to have an age verification. It's just silly.

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Kylin - 08-20-2010

Quote:I don't know exactly what century you're from, but now, you're really not that old when you're 50.

Depends on what country you're in though. In North America, Europe, etc, 50 isn't that much. But in say, South Africa (where I believe Len is from), the life expectancy is about 50.

Aah, yeah ok, that makes more sense then. I'm just thinking that my grandmother for instance is over 80, and she's still out playing golf, working voulentarely at a women's center, etc...
I'm sorry if it came off too harsh, it truly wasn't meant that way Smile

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Tadir - 08-20-2010

Con One Wrote:Uh oh. Sounds like we've got a time traveler. I need to go call Jean Claude Van Damme, somebody keep Armi and Richter from touching in the meantime. We'll make it through this, I promise.

You are my hero.

My grandmother is over 80. I think she is 88? Sadly, she doesn't remember much. She has had Alzheimer's since she was around 75 I think. At least she meets new people everyday.

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Len - 08-20-2010

Castiel Wrote:
Quote:I don't know exactly what century you're from, but now, you're really not that old when you're 50.

Depends on what country you're in though. In North America, Europe, etc, 50 isn't that much. But in say, South Africa (where I believe Len is from), the life expectancy is about 50.

that nearly offended me a bit
think our life expectancy is more like 40
fortunately we normally have big families
okay my family is like 3 to 5 people the end but most people are like 1 father 3 or more mothers 20 plus brothers and sisters and not counting other relatives who just appear out of nowhere
Our president has I think 15 wives already with one divorce
so even if we live a short time there will always be a lot of south africans on the rise
anyways being 30 already seems old and 40 seems like you pretty much nearly dead .
how ever on the subject of old gamers I will play this game until I am 100 or more like I will be around to play Final Fantasy XXIV
that's just me though

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Kylin - 08-20-2010

I'm sorry. I meant no offense. I was just trying to let the others know that not everywhere in the world has the same benefits as they do. I majored in Political Science so I'm fairly familiar with country demographics and culture. I make frequent use of sites such as the CIA World Factbook. I've also spent some time in Africa so I'm pretty familiar with the differences there compared to the "Western" world.

Was trying to help you out but I'm sorry if it didn't come out the way it should have :oops:

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - blueblacksky - 08-20-2010

I don't understand what could have "nearly offended" you about Castiel citing a statistic. In an additionally confusing move you went on to claim the life expectancy to be even lower than he stated.

::Edited to be less flame-tastic::

Hey, hey. Ease up on the flame man.

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Tadir - 08-20-2010

Totally unnecessary post Blue.

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - Asyria - 08-20-2010

Not only unnecessary, but not the kind of drama-free behavior that I understand our LS is about. Sad

Re: 18+ Age Restrictions - ArmachiA - 08-20-2010

^ Saying there's never going to be drama in an ls is like saying every one who plays MMO's are hot super models.

ArmachiA Wrote:^ Saying there's never going to be drama in an ls is like saying every one who plays MMO's are hot super models.

Well, I don't know about you, but I am.

Edit: Yeah, messed up and chose "Quote" instead of "Edit"...