Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Sounsyy - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 01:25 PM)Ixarien Wrote: Who wants to bet Elidibus is her father or something?? Theories?

Well... considering Minfilia's father's name is Warburton and we see him (albeit briefly) in 1.0 before his death, I'mma go ahead and nip this theory in the bud. But I will take your money? 1 million gil plz.

WHAT HAPPENS IN GOLD SAUCER STAYS IN GOLD SAUCER

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 01-22-2015

OH GODS WHY DIDN'T I THINK TO TALK TO URIANGER?!

I'm gonna get the feels again aren't I? ; ;

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Ashren Dotharl - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 01:49 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 01:25 PM)Ixarien Wrote: Who wants to bet Elidibus is her father or something?? Theories?

Well... considering Minfilia's father's name is Warburton and we see him (albeit briefly) in 1.0 before his death, I'mma go ahead and nip this theory in the bud. But I will take your money? 1 million gil plz.

It's not very likely, but it's still a possibility actually. Warburton gets crushed by the rampaging Goobbue in 1.0 when he shoves her out of the way, then they try to resurrect him using Necromancy. Who is to say that didn't somehow cause some sort of weird... iunno, for lack of a better term "Heartless/Nobody" which spawned Elidibus?

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Crisiet - 01-22-2015

Still tired of Minfilia's shit.

Moenbryda death and Urianger's reaction to what happened was heartbreaking though.

/hugs Urianger forever

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Warren Castille - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 02:00 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote:

It's not very likely, but it's still a possibility actually. Warburton gets crushed by the rampaging Goobbue in 1.0 when he shoves her out of the way, then they try to resurrect him using Necromancy. Who is to say that didn't somehow cause some sort of weird... iunno, for lack of a better term "Heartless/Nobody" which spawned Elidibus?

I briefly thought of that, too. We can't rule it out, and it feels like the kind of 11th Hour Reveal that SE might pull.

It's probably something simpler, though; Elidibus has seen that brute force makes for poor plans, and by appealing to our wiser senses with dialogue and the "we're not so different" speech he's going to try and get us to side with him or work willingly beside him. He outright says that if we understood the Echo that we'd want the same thing he does, so he's clearly not on the KILL CRUSH DESTROY angle, insomuch as raising a dark god can be.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Sounsyy - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 02:00 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote:

Well, kinda. High Priest Mumuepo gave Niellefresne a dagger enchanted with the power to resurrect Warburton briefly. However, when Niellefresne opens the casket, he does not find what he expects and is shanked right after. So no necromancy ever gets to occur.

We never find out exactly what happened to them but naturally there's several theories. Some say Corguvais finished Niellefresne off before he could find out Warburton and him were Garlean double agents. Another theory ponders the fact that Niellefresne's assassin has a very... Hyuran frame and that maybe Warburton didn't die at all and silenced Niellefresne to cover up his fake death. It could've been a third party. We may never know.

Calamity Cometh
(Skip to 10:35)

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kailia - 01-22-2015

First, the main story ending of 2.5 made me cry Sad I liked moony.

Second, wow did the Hildibrand story drop major lore bombs on us! Here is what we've now learned:
  • When the mages of the world caused the Sixth Umbral Calamity, they were persecuted and left to form Belah'dia, a city devoted to magic. A city run by mages for mages.
  • When the head family of Belah'dia produced twin heir's the heirs when it came time to take over, argued which one was the true heir to the throne.
  • To settle the dispute between the twins, Belah'dia was split into 2 nations, Ul'dah and Sil'dih
  • Ul'dah was all about strength and power, while Sil'dih was about knowledge and prosperity (I may of goofed on this going by just memory lol)
  • Rivalry continued between the two siblings and their respective nations ended up having the same rivalry with the sister nation.
  • War broke out between Ul'dah and Sil'dih, with both sides having a stalemate.
  • The war came to an end with Ul'dah developing powder that turns the dead and living into zombies and launched it at Sil'dih, wiping that nation out save for a few survivors.
  • One survivor broke into Ul'dah's vaults and stole quite a bit of the zombie powder weapon to store away, but was infected by the stuff and died. His ancestors continued the plot.
  • Ul'dah found and laid claim to the 4 Belah'dian relics as their own, even though they were used by the survivors of Sil'dih to hide away their stolen loot. 
  • Ul'dah, to cover up what they had done to Sil'dih, formed a secret society that was charged with rewriting history and pinning the zombie powder on Sil'dih instead of themselves. That society was then charged with ensuring the true history was never revealed to the public.
As if we needed more reason to dislike Ul'dah. But ya know what, this gives me ideas for my lalafell thaumaturge and why her parents were murdered by a brass blade. Makes a lot of sense now Big Grin

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-22-2015

Assuming the Sultana knows of the situation surrounding Ul'dah and Sil'dih then that adds a pretty major dose of grey to her aura of supposed innocence. It seems like something major will happen in Ul'dah during the next two patches which may serve to redirect a lot of attention away from Ishgard.

I must admit as much as I loathe Hildibrand the entire story turned out to be pretty dark and interesting.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Coatleque - 01-22-2015

Dat Mrs. Manderville.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Gegenji - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 05:55 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Dat Mrs. Manderville.

So when do we learn that the Mandervilles are descendants of the Fabul royal family?

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Ashren Dotharl - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 04:39 PM)K Wrote: [*]Ul'dah was all about prosperity and power, while Sil'dih was about knowledge and power (I may of goofed on this going by just memory lol)
Both cities wanted power, the difference was that one wanted wealth and the other wanted knowledge.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Coatleque - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 05:59 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote: Both cities wanted power, the difference was that one wanted wealth and the other wanted knowledge.

That may seem to paint one side as 'good' vs 'evil'
But consider:
With wealth you can buy knowledge.
With knowledge you can earn wealth.

Seems fairly balanced to me.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-22-2015

I believe Ul'dah wants wealth/prosperity and power. Sil'dih had knowledge and power. I -just- realized this when thinking of QARN while doing these Hildibrand quests. You have the regular scales of the Immortal Flames but Qarn's puzzle scales FRUIT of Knowledge and FLAMES of Power~

Also *descendants not ancestors ;3

(01-22-2015, 06:01 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 05:59 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote: Both cities wanted power, the difference was that one wanted wealth and the other wanted knowledge.

That may seem to paint one side as 'good' vs 'evil'
But consider:
With wealth you can buy knowledge.
With knowledge you can earn wealth.

Seems fairly balanced to me.
I'm just going off of what the game says Tongue

Cocobuki: Two scales, one of gold and one of silver. The gold of Ul'dah, weighing prosperity and power. The silver of Sil'dih, weighing knowledge and power. But the power sought by the two nations differed greatly─yes, greatly indeed. The power wrought by Ul'dahn prosperity was that of justice and good, while the power wrought by Sil'dihn knowledge was horrific beyond belief─the power to rip the living soul out of a man and render him a mindless killing machine.

Though we know by the end of the storyline this isn't true, this is the line that K'ailia was referring to in her post.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Aldotsk - 01-22-2015

It felt like it was intentional to kill a femroe in the story. 

*senses discrimination coming from the FFXIV scriptwriter*