Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fundraising RP Events - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Fundraising RP Events (/showthread.php?tid=10926)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Fundraising RP Events - Kellach Woods - 04-03-2015

I'm not faulting the generosity of people of the community. Most of us like helping out.

But if the focus of the event is making money, it changes the dynamic a lot to the point where I'd like to know beforehand so I can just get the hell out of dodge.

RE: Fundraising RP Events - Aaron - 04-03-2015

Honestly I see it as what it is, paying for a service. 

You go in their company house, they own everything in the event inside and on the property besides you. They technically own the candidates as long as they pay them also.

You're paying for a service IC through food etc with IC gil.

You're paying for the dates OOC via real gil (not for the date, that's rp related)

People aren't obligated to pay or go. I don't see the issue here. If you go and you wanna pay 4 million for Val (You getting girls bro props!) Then that's your decision. 

Overdone and unoriginal? Most likely.

Old and uninteresting? Probably not.
Im neutral here. I agree Faye has a point but I also disagree it's getting old. As long as people go to it and you make gil, it's not old at all.

RE: Fundraising RP Events - Maril - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 03:10 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 03:01 PM)C Wrote: In comparison, are there any date auctions that don't actually take real gil? Would people go to a date auction if the money were all pretend?

Haven't <<DOVE>> and a few other FCs done this?

Little late to this one, but KinRP did one way-back-when which was done without the involvement of real gil. I remember that we had it around a time where there were a couple of other auctions going as well (but I do not remember in detail what those auctions entailed) People did attend, and the biggest problem we had was that people wouldn't be "realistic" with their gil - with bids spiraling way out of any control, in the end we had to close the bid rounds prematurely to prevent things going downright silly. 
I still think that the actual-gil auctions have had numbers that are in the silly-bracket, but there you can also understand why they're so high, since the point is to raise gil. 
I don't know how much people think about economy with their characters, but I wouldn't really find it realistic when someone who's rping as your average adventurer suddenly has millions of gil to blow on a date (which is where it ended up for the non-actual-gil-auction we had) 

So in the wake of that, I tried thinking of alternative ways of doing it. One of the things I had in mind was a token system, where you declare that every person receives say 100 tokens. And then they can bid with that. But I never got to the point of testing it, as we started to focus on other types of events as well. 

I think the involvement of actual gil discourages more than it encourages, because not everyone has a lot of gil to toss at events. In that light, whenever I go to something that has actual gil involved (and where I also pay) its usually because I actually want to support the people behind it anyways.

RE: Fundraising RP Events - Kirann - 04-14-2015

I am on my phone when I saw this, so apologize in advance if my ideas were already suggested 

If the intent is to raise Gil then these ideas might not work that good, but if it's about Rping, having some fun and meeting others , then here are my thoughts 

Story telling event, where each person that entered gets to tell a tale while sitting around a campfire , or some other places suitable . There is a lot that can be done with this, allows people to tell a bit about themselves or some other event they might or might not have been a part of. 
People can sit back and listen and enjoy , cry or rally behind the person (s) telling the tale. 

The other idea would be something along the line of a walking spooky ghost tour. This would require FC support to be tour guides  and also perhaps guests that show up to act as part of the story . We had a lot of fun with this one in TSW around Halloween. We kept the groups to ten people or less and used lore to build our stories . 

Neither of these would bring in Gil, but they both facilitied role play .

Quick edit for third idea

Why not hold a market day , once every other month where crafters could sell their items ? A housing area would work good for this, crafters of all types can show up and see their own stuff.ight not ne theist amazing thing, but I would enjoy this just for the IC interaction that can take place .