Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! (/showthread.php?tid=11327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Berrod Armstrong - 04-27-2015

Poking in, because why not. I love them. I love them all. Anime and otherwise. There are so many things you can do with them I couldn't even decide. Here's my guy.

[Image: tumblr_nnh2wmRtJT1robwlio1_540.png]
Codename: Sex Fiend (*sweats*)

I have my concept for him but that's under wraps until release. His appearance is subject to little changes, but this is basically it. 

Also, there are so many ways NOT to make them look anime or whatever, if that's what you want. Explore it and see. I don't think Sex Fiend looks animu at all. Not that I'd mind if he did. It's a Japanese MMO after all! I knew what I was potentially signing up for.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Cailean Lockwood - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 12:11 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Poking in, because why not. I love them. I love them all. Anime and otherwise. There are so many things you can do with them I couldn't even decide. Here's my guy.

[Image: tumblr_nnh2wmRtJT1robwlio1_540.png]
Codename: Sex Fiend (*sweats*)

I have my concept for him but that's under wraps until release. His appearance is subject to little changes, but this is basically it. 

Also, there are so many ways NOT to make them look anime or whatever, if that's what you want. Explore it and see. I don't think Sex Fiend looks animu at all. Not that I'd mind if he did. It's a Japanese MMO after all! I knew what I was potentially signing up for.

You succeeded in making a non-anime Au Ra. It is indeed possible. ;D
Also, lol, Sex Fiend. XP

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Kurt S. - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 10:55 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote: Edit: Just saw this on reddit:
[Image: xq0br8N.png]

That is a RIDICULOUS babyface. Gatdamm.

I can see it in her face. "Bruh...do you even edge?"

Anyway onto my own Ow Ree. 

I've codenamed them Dorke and Dauntay until such time I choose who'll replace Keil/Kihl and finalize everything. It helps that the Benchmark Job is the derpgoon, hopefully they'll turn it into the-precision-laser-guided-missle-goon. Don't worry, if you still wanna RP with him, I can use either of the two as a stand in...I've used Effie as Kurt's stand in before.
Show Content
Show Content
The Dorke kinda ended up that way because I sorta ended up picking the female voice that really made her sound like a dork, voice 9, probably just me though. As for how she'll behave, I might just splice Nah's and Effie's together and see what happens. So that's insecurity of height, ego the size of dalamud, a dash of naivete, a strong moral compass, the tendency to call people names. Maintaining a low profile would be harder on her.

The Dauntay...well I still have to find some trait and build around that, of course screw edginess amirite? As for his look...well channeling the inner Donte, not Dante, people don't like it if you go like this...

[Image: 4302404-7010601576-dante.jpg]

...In a fight, even if it's just for shits and giggles. Really wanna try it out at least once though.

Backstory. Well I'm really really hoping I get to integrate my Xaela into an existing tribe. It's essentially the same for either Dorke or Dauntay.

If not, well there's the whole 'Sole survivor' or my connections thread thing, I've learned from Keil that making a tribe and a plot to go with it, rarely has anyone who'd forward the plot, so much that you end up just writing a novel or something or it'd probably be a journal recording what happens in x day and y week to n person.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Otte - 04-27-2015

[Image: Milowaaa_zpsedikxwkl.jpg]

My cuteface Au ra, he goes by the nickname Milo, real name pending until the release of naming conventions!

RE: Post Your Au Ra! - K'nahli - 04-27-2015

I'm having real trouble deciding on a hair colour....

[Image: 904679b517.png]

White adds contrast and helps keeps the scales from looking like a beard at certain angles as well as breaks up the large amount of black tones coming from the would-be hair, scales and dark skim complexion as opposed to trying to achieve a similar result by adding grey highlights which I don't feel very inclined about.

Having said that, white also seems to give him a different charisma from what I had initially anticipated and I already had to deal with shorter-than-hoped-for hair.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Zyrusticae - 04-27-2015

Made another character, this one a recurring one for me. Looks pretty close to how I imagined her but she really needs to be a hyur and not a bloody scaled, horned up freak.

[Image: PoorSQP.jpg]
[Image: AGd6ry3.jpg]

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Dasair - 04-27-2015

I am so freakin excited about all of this, holy crap.

UPDATED WITH AN UNFINISHED ART. ... I was doodling this while waiting for the benchmark, but this and the screens are the same character. Hair for days, you can't tell him what to do.

Show Content

And from that, I ended up with this.

[Image: 1JmfmAN.png]

[Image: 1aw6cKN.png]

[Image: y2jLqFt.png]

This is Yorumei, who will definitely be a thing come Heavensward. He is terrible in any number of ways, has a story that will come to light when pertinent, and I hope to the gods I can beat the MSQ with the character that will become him before the time comes. Also he may or may not yodel at you.

[Image: Hs7N5sK.png]

[Image: CVwJUTA.png]

[Image: nFMJY70.png]

I also made Xavarian, because I can, and... he makes an amazing Au Ra, gods.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Berrod Armstrong - 04-27-2015

And rolled me a Xae-gal.

Not anime looking, nor does she look childish, waify, helpless or dainty. Beautiful, yes, that ain't a crime. Short, yes! No charges. Feminine, definitely! Also good! She looks dangerous, however, and I enjoy that. All it took for me was some tinkering and an open mind. I'm really enjoying the new race! I'll name her Mom'Ra.

[Image: tumblr_nnh7wu8JEr1robwlio1_540.png]

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - K'nahli - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 01:44 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: And rolled me a Xae-gal.

Not anime looking, nor does she look childish, waify, helpless or dainty. Beautiful, yes, that ain't a crime. Short, yes! No charges. Feminine, definitely! Also good! She looks dangerous, however, and I enjoy that. All it took for me was some tinkering and an open mind. I'm really enjoying the new race! I'll name her Mom'Ra.

[Image: tumblr_nnh7wu8JEr1robwlio1_540.png]

Your characters both look amazing!

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Seriphyn - 04-27-2015

Turns out those making the preview Au Ra were shit at making Au Ra, from how well people have done here.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Iex - 04-27-2015

[Image: C3PnZsZ.png]

Judging by this thread most people won't realize there is a MASSIVE amount of different skin tones your character can be. So enjoy something a little less IRL skin stone variation.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - CallmeYahweh - 04-27-2015

Been a hot minute since I've been here! Caught a bit of that Heavensward hype bug, and decided to roll around an au'ra concept that'd in theory replace E'rinha.

[Image: vRBQ9Ic.png]

Got a bit of that vampire/goth rock vibe going on for him. Especially with that heavy eyeliner. I might be in love. Still draftin' nonsense up with this fellow though.

[Image: k2A0tN6.png]

Really ran with that vamprock thing.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Shadottie - 04-27-2015

I had a concept, but then I fell in love with a different design that spoke something different for me.  Say hello to a potentially meek little knightly lady when the time comes!

[Image: 7r9Dv8V.png]

[Image: UGGeZVQ.jpg]

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - industrythirteen - 04-27-2015

[Image: tumblr_nngm1mjg6i1rue9d8o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nngno9dxKC1rue9d8o1_540.jpg]
Not sure which one to pick yet.

'Ayushiridara.' She likes you, and she likes everyone and everything. Possibly with intent to do bodily harm.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - K'nahli - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 03:19 PM)Shadottie Wrote: I had a concept, but then I fell in love with a different design that spoke something different for me.  Say hello to a potentially meek little knightly lady when the time comes!

[Image: 7r9Dv8V.png]

Wahh... she looks so timid!

(04-27-2015, 03:36 PM)industrythirteen Wrote: [Image: tumblr_nngno9dxKC1rue9d8o1_540.jpg]
Not sure which one to pick yet.

'Ayushiridara.' She likes you, and she likes everyone and everything. Possibly with intent to do bodily harm.

This one is my favourite. She looks so confident!