Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read (/showthread.php?tid=2594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Bauldric - 07-09-2013

So is Gilgamesh going to have many rpers? I am having some trouble making a decision even though my friends are rolling here.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - D R E N - 07-09-2013

(07-09-2013, 08:25 AM)Bauldric Wrote: So is Gilgamesh going to have many rpers? I am having some trouble making a decision even though my friends are rolling here.

Judging from the number of people that are joining the site and going to Gilgamesh, I would say so. We won't have the vast numbers of Balmung, but you won't have a problem finding an RP community on Gilgamesh.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Vashies Alexander - 07-09-2013

(07-09-2013, 08:25 AM)Bauldric Wrote: So is Gilgamesh going to have many rpers? I am having some trouble making a decision even though my friends are rolling here.
Ill tell you this for a non legacy sever of Role players we started to build a community here. Are numbers are nether small nor big but the community all ready has a lot events in the works, and meet up spots. If You pick team Gilgamesh i a sure you that you wont go wrong. If you have some ideas for use shoot it out there (we are open minded).Chocobo

(07-08-2013, 10:45 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Alright for anyone looking to meet up this weekend I will be around Friday on the server due to the recent announcement of the extended test!
Ill try make it. where is the meeting spot?

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-09-2013

Yes there will be, the community will be there its just a work in progress, but there is interest as I make sure to bounce around different forums and inform people in game. One thing though is that as mentioned Balmung still has the advantage in numbers, if you're playing on Gilgamesh you'll have to be more proactive at this stage as the community is going to have to have its rp foundation built up by us pretty much.

So the question is go to a community that is already established where you can just jump right in or head to a community that will take some work to be grown but with that comes endless possibilities for those who put in the work.

I suggest all who are playing on Gilgamesh really think about this important fact because proactivity is the name of the game here. The community won't build itself and if the resident roleplayers won't do it the community will die.

And I'm a bit too hardheaded to want to hear "I told you so* *winks*

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - MrHeat - 07-09-2013

Sooo just finished a quick wiki for Mr. Heat. If anyone could read it and tell me if I'm leaving something out, I'd owe them a cookie. ( Not having a pic doesn't count Wink )

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mr_heat

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-10-2013

Just on a sidenote everyone. Everyone is invited to the OOC and IC Linkshells: Coalition OOC and Limitless Sky (the IC Linkshell) so when putting up your profiles feel free to mention these. Again these are just basically the rp channels of the Gilgamesh server. Also I would love to have anyone who is willing to give out linkpearls when I am not online to step up. I don't want to miss anyone who is interested in roleplaying on our server when I'm at work. I'm a late night player so I don't want to miss the prime timers.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Kossori - 07-10-2013

Feel free to toss me some Pearls, I'll be more than willing to pass them out during the last bit of Phase 3 and of course Phase 4 when that finally comes around.

(07-10-2013, 02:04 PM)Kossori Wrote: Feel free to toss me some Pearls, I'll be more than willing to pass them out during the last bit of Phase 3 and of course Phase 4 when that finally comes around.
I'll be creating the shells beta 4.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - D R E N - 07-10-2013

(07-10-2013, 02:24 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 02:04 PM)Kossori Wrote: Feel free to toss me some Pearls, I'll be more than willing to pass them out during the last bit of Phase 3 and of course Phase 4 when that finally comes around.
I'll be creating the shells beta 4.
I'd be willing to hand some out as well.

Wonderful thanks all of you.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-12-2013

Ah for those who haven't seen it already, the IC Linkshell -Limitless Sky- post is up!
 http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2739&pid=33675

Oh and please if you haven't already post up your profile!
Gilgamesh Directory
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-12-2013

My goodness I have to give a special shoutout to the guild Eden for participating in their first rp lesson today. It was impromptu, funny and the ones who participated did very well for their first time.  Like I said, we are going to be drawing a lot of lurkers. I noticed a crowd watching a roleplay session I was having inside of the Quicksand and one of them said "This is better than daytime soap operas". So I said what the hell and said "Perhaps next time you can participate ?". Well he got the courage to join in and it was funny. His character had some whiskey Amaare got him and he got drunk. Then a few others joined in with him. Then his friend joined in and served as a waiter. He got Amaare some (what he called)KFC which was a live Chocobo hatchling. Amaare told him "I can't eat this, its too cute to eat!", and he told Amaare "This is KFC style sir, I can guarantee its fried". Amaare replied "Fried fresh and alive? I don't know what this KFC is, but I don't think I want it anymore". lol

Teach these kids, be patient with them and show them the way, gently. They enjoyed it and so did I and I told them if they want to try it out again to hit me up in phase four. Remember most of our roleplayers are going to come from those new to doing it. Lets make their first experience a great one guys! We don't have the luxury of a big pool of rpers like Balmung will, so we have to work hard to build this up ourselves.

To roleplaying the pastime we all love!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Lizzo - 07-15-2013

Hey Rock,

I'm planning on splitting my time between Balmung and Gilgamesh. I was wondering if you may be thinking of creating and IC skype chat channel like Balmung has Sililoquy. Would give ppl rolling on Gilgamesh something to do while we wait for phase 4 and launch as well as give new ppl a chance to try out their rping and characters. 

You could open up a bar/tavern like Silioquy or some kind of inn. Would definitely like to see this happen and would very much like to join in as an employee of some kind with my Gilgamesh characters.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-15-2013

(07-15-2013, 01:57 PM)Lizzo Wrote: Hey Rock,

I'm planning on splitting my time between Balmung and Gilgamesh. I was wondering if you may be thinking of creating and IC skype chat channel like Balmung has Sililoquy. Would give ppl rolling on Gilgamesh something to do while we wait for phase 4 and launch as well as give new ppl a chance to try out their rping and characters. 

You could open up a bar/tavern like Silioquy or some kind of inn. Would definitely like to see this happen and would very much like to join in as an employee of some kind with my Gilgamesh characters.
If you think something like that is a good idea go on ahead and get it started. The more good ideas implemented by you guys the better. Please don't see me as the head of this or anything. You don't need my approval. Proactivity from all of us will make it better for us all. I'd love to see everyone start their own projects.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Bauldric - 07-15-2013

Quote:Hey Rock,

I would totally be apart of this. Just saying, I would love to meet the people I would be playing with.