Hydaelyn Role-Players
Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] (/showthread.php?tid=2888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Flamel Eldgamel - 07-22-2013

"Oh, no worries. I tend to be overlooked," he said rather depressingly. Thankfully, a smile returned to his face as he continued, "The Zesiro... hmmm... That actually sounds pretty good. With a glass of water please. If you wouldn't mind."

The lalafell set the menu back down on the bar, and pulled off his spectacles.

Placing them back in his robe, he asked, "So what's the stage for? And please forgive my asking. I've lived in Limsa my entire life, yet I've only stepped into this tavern once. Flamel Eldgamel, by the way," he introduced with an outstretched hand.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-22-2013

"Aye! Ah would be more than happyto fetch ye that!" She grinned hopping down from the bar stool...er...stood up with a hop in her step. "Zesiro tends to be a favorite around here!" She mused holding up a finger. 'Be just a moment Lovie!" She spoke slipping into the back.

She would return a few moments later with fresh plate ofgreens and glass of water expertly balanced upon her wrist. With a fluid and graceful movement she placed the water and the salad before the lalafella without so much as the tray teetering until she withdrew it herself.

"Hrmm? Oh!! The stage!! Were a performancetavern of sorts!! All kinds of talented folk come here to perform and share their gifts with ye folks for the occasion Gil or even the chance at being remembered. Everything from yer poets, to yer story tellers, play writes, singers...dancers like me self...We even have a lad that shoots arrows at apple on heads!" She beamed and spoke rather cheerfully. "Pleasure ! Me name's Abaigeal. Abaigeal Causland though most just call me Abai!" She smiled again with a nod.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Flamel Eldgamel - 07-22-2013

"Very nice to meet you. This sounds like a fun place," Flamel smiled. He took an envelope out of his robe and looked at it, "I've been known to write poetry from time to time." He quickly and nervously placed the envelope back in his robe. Turning his attention to the salad, his smile grew wide at the inevitable deliciousness. He took a bite, being sure to chew with his mouth closed. When finished, he took a drink of water, "That is quite good. It would probably be excellent with a bit of mead." Out the side of his mouth and mostly to himself, he muttered, "Everything always is..."

With a smile, he looked back at Abai. "I take it you perform here? A dancer I assume? You seem too graceful to just be a barkeep."

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-23-2013

'Oh Aye it is!! Even better when we playa few games!" She grinned and watched him carefully as he extracted a paper parchment from his robes. "Poetry ye say?!! Well iffin' ye ever want to share we have a stage that can accommodate ye." She beamed .

"Oh yer in luck!" She gestured to the taps a have a Hawthorne Hut Honey Mead if ye want it!"[/b][/color] She smirked and wiggled her fingers toward the tap as if it would entice the lalafella. (Yes fella.)

Nodding her head side to side as if it really weren't a bigdeal she sheepishly shrugged. "Aye, Ah do in fact dance. Quite a few various styles. Ah dance with swords the most. There is something about dancing with weaponry that adds a mystified charm...at lest that is what Ah have been told." She shrugged and chuckle.

"...What type of poetry do yewrite if Ah may inquire?"

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Flamel Eldgamel - 07-23-2013

Flamel laughed, but held up his hands as if to bat the offers aside, "I appreciate the offer. But if I can't even let the person that the poetry is written for read it, then I doubt I'll be able to read it to a crowd." He patted his robe where the envelope was, "That essentially gives away the type of poetry it is as well," he said sheepishly, growing red in the cheeks. "And I've been trying to steer clear of the drink. It's temptation is one I choose to deny. It makes me..." He paused for a moment as he tried to think of the right words to use, waving his hands around as if conjuring them in the air, "Not...intelligent," he decided, before taking another bite of his salad.

"I'm a lightweight too," he admitted as Abai pointed once more to the tap. This time, he followed her finger to the harbinger of honey goodness. Without realizing it, he had licked his lips. "You're a great barkeep, that's for sure," he sighed, defeated, "I'll have a glass. But please! If I ask for another I implore you to deny me!" He laughed cheerfully as he placed a few gil on the bar; enough for the salad, and glass of mead.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Abaigeal - 07-24-2013

She chuckled and quirked a brow. "Ah see! A man of romanticism and brimming to the gills with emotion. Ah pray ye take a step and hand it to the Lass. You'll never to if its unrequited or not unless ye jump in head first?" She smiled with a hint of a shrug.

"OH!! What do ye know. Me too! Ahcan't tell ye it doesn't take much. Ah stick to me sour reds!" She piped up and grinned as she indeed seemed to entice him."Fair enough. Ah can do that. Ah may be a good barkeep but Ah am certainly not a cruel one!" She chuckled pulling a mug loose and filling it with the amber colored liquid. "So what brings ye to Limsa?" She questioned setting the mug before him and leaning on the bar top.

RE: Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL] - Flamel Eldgamel - 07-24-2013

Flamel blushed awkwardly as Abai told him to take initiative with his letter. He twiddled his thumbs momentarily as she filled up a mug with mead, setting it down in front of him.

Flamel took a drink of the mead, holding the large mug happily in both hands. He immediately felt the delicious blend of honey and other ingredients stir his taste buds. It was incredibly refreshing, and before he realized, his simple drink had turned into a few gulps. He set the mug back down on the bar.

"I'm actually Limsan, born and raised," he smiled, "I work for my father. Basically," he paused for a second as he brought a fist up to his mouth and released a quiet burp, "I oversee the Limsan side of his business. You might have seen me walking around the docks before, or maybe not. Like I said before, I tend to be easy to overlook. My father exports various goods from the southern isles. I make sure they get taken care of when they arrive in Limsa. Nothing illegal mind you. Our cargo is mostly vegetables. He was originally from the isles, so after awhile, the family decided to move back."

He took another small drink, "He didn't have anything against Eorzea, he just wanted to return home. He actually offered to take me, seeing as I was born here, and hadn't been home before. But," he said simply, taking another drink, "Limsa is my home. 'Til sea swallows all," he quoted, raising his mug before taking the final drink of mead.