Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Pokémon Thread! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Pokémon Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=15035)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - mongi291 - 02-13-2016

(02-13-2016, 03:25 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(02-13-2016, 03:07 PM)mongi291 Wrote: I don't really do competitive battling mostly because I just don't want to use the strongest Pokèmon or be berated for my choice otherwise.
All my favourites aren't even close to being viable for competitive, mostly because there are other Pokèmon that are better at their job (example: Dunsparce is outclassed by Togekiss and Jirachi).
You're not missing much.

I tried going online battling and the only pseudolegendary or higher I had was Tyranitar.

-> proceeds to battle nothing but teams full of legendary Pokemon non stop.

I haven't met one person online who battled with less than 5 legendary Pokemon yet. It's funny though because I can just imagine their rage when my Aggron ohko's they're Zekrom with a dragon rush lol.
I thought most legendaries were banned from most online battles, or at least in-game ones.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Aaron - 02-13-2016

(02-13-2016, 03:31 PM)mongi291 Wrote:
(02-13-2016, 03:07 PM)mongi291 Wrote: I don't really do competitive battling mostly because I just don't want to use the strongest Pokèmon or be berated for my choice otherwise.
All my favourites aren't even close to being viable for competitive, mostly because there are other Pokèmon that are better at their job (example: Dunsparce is outclassed by Togekiss and Jirachi).
You're not missing much.

I tried going online battling and the only pseudolegendary or higher I had was Tyranitar.

I haven't met one person online who battled with less than 5 legendary Pokemon yet. It's funny though because I can just imagine their rage when my Aggron ohko's they're Zekrom with a dragon rush lol.
I thought most legendaries were banned from most online battles, or at least in-game ones.
Nah I use the battle spot feature, it looks like outside of official competition legendary spam is everywhere.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Gegenji - 02-13-2016

You're not missing much.

Obviously what I need to do is form a combat team of six Smeargles.

One will be Fire/Ground, one will be Water/Ice, one will be Electric/Flying, one will be Fighting/Dark, one will be Psychic/Fairy, and the last will be Dragon/Steel. They will all also know Transform and be named after the original Power Rangers. It is the best plan.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Warren Castille - 02-25-2016

Nintendo Direct Friday 10AM EST. Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon trademarked and expected to be announced.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Shoshopu - 02-25-2016

(02-25-2016, 12:58 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Nintendo Direct Friday 10AM EST. Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon trademarked and expected to be announced.

Have they still not said anything about Pokemon Z? I remember them showing all the weird alternate forms of Zygarde and I've heard nothing since (but I'm also admittedly not actively following Pokemon news these days)...

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Jana - 02-25-2016

aaaaaa I've been working late every day and forgot about the Mew giveaway aaaaaaa

I don't play Pokemon super well... Or much at all. But it would've still been nice!

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Warren Castille - 02-25-2016

I expect details for that to emerge in the Direct. I'm unaware of the Zygarde forms, but it could end up being like Deoxys and just be "different" forms. Speculation though, that's all.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - mongi291 - 02-26-2016

So... Sun and Moon are actually a thing now. Not even a trailer, though.
But hey, now we can transfer Gen I Pokèmon to Gen VII.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Momo - 03-03-2016

I think they sort of rushed the announcement only because people were revealing Sun and Moon just before that, so they wanted to own up to the name ASAP.  I hope to get more info soon though for sure, and I assume they will have some for us considering people now think waiting a year or two for a new main title is reason for ravenous need (I'm not saying I disagree!).

Sooooo, two things, I think they will be starting a Celebi event as the next Legendary Anniversary?  Also, now until October, you can get the three legendary golems with their special abilities by signing up for Pokemon Bank!  (Which I have, but keep forgetting bout T,T)  This is an exciting and event filled year from the previous couple of dry years, getting skipped over for giveaways though we are neck and neck in sales for Pokemon with Japan.  Ah well, that is the 20 year fan talking, I am gonna go back to being stupidly giddy about a game we have only heard of!

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - 13uddy - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 12:14 PM)Momo Wrote: I think they will be starting a Celebi event as the next Legendary Anniversary

Already started on the first of the month, runs until the 24th via Nintendo Network (normal internet mystery gift download).
I can't wait for next month when they are giving out Jirachi.  

I'm also super giddy because I got the Virtual Console Pokemon Yellow last night.  I thought I was going to have to wait until next month because of med bills (insurance decided to stop paying for one of my meds that I cannot take the generic version of), but someone surprised me with a prepaid eshop card.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Aaron - 03-03-2016

Lol they're giving out Jirachi next month while I have like three in my Pokemon box from wonder trades lmfaoooo

Guess it'll be four soon.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Momo - 03-03-2016

I am kinda sad that they didn't release Green in english T,T  I wanted my Bulbasaur to have a proper home as my starter on his own color game...he deserves that after all these years.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Gabineaux - 03-10-2016

(02-26-2016, 11:10 AM)mongi291 Wrote: So... Sun and Moon are actually a thing now. Not even a trailer, though.
But hey, now we can transfer Gen I Pokèmon to Gen VII.

WHAT REALLY. SO I CAN HAVE THE OVERPOWERED CLEFABLE I ALWAYS WANTED LEGALLY? Gosh what's the move called, it's an egg move I want to say. Double egg move. Learned as an egg and also involves eating eggs. SOFT BOILED? HARD BOILED? I DON'T KNOW BUT I WANT IT. MMMM. *throws other clefable in the trash*

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - g0ne - 03-10-2016

If CoroCoro doesn't have any new information on Pokemon Sun and Moon when it leaks...

HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE FOR ANOTHER MONTH WAITING FOR NEW INFO ON THE GAMES?!

I want to see the starters so badly...

I think this is the most hyped I've ever been for a Pokemon game in ages.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Kage - 05-10-2016

So I totally lost track of the Sun and Moon thread.

but uh.
I want that sunlion looking legendary.
And I want both the tree owl and the fire cat