Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

Dear Momoni

First of all, welcome!

I tried to PM this to you, but you have it disabled so meh.

You probably don't feel very welcome so far, but you didn't post in the welcome forum either so that probably didn't help.

Now, I'm going to be bluntly honest but you seem to be that way too so you can probably understand it. I mean, I was once called passionate because of posts like yours, too. o_O
I still have some PM's from that time in my inbox...

See, I don't think anyone is confusing you with someone else.
The fact is there is only two threads you posted in. This voting one and the Gilgamesh one. I checked before I started typing to make SURE I'm not mistaken.

Most times you posted, you made demands and seemed to believe people were being unfair and elitist.

Whether or not your concerns are valid, the way you presented them more or less invalidated them in other people's eyes and made you look demanding and agressive. The fact that those are your only posts sp far and there was no attempt by you to say hello and participatein the community otherwise than by arguing about the whole server thing hasn't been helping either.

What I'm trying to say is as far as first impressions go, yours got pretty messed up.
As for what you said about breeding elitism and dissonance... that might be true in some cases, but it's also perfectly natural. No matter what, people WILL split it, form exclusive little groups, gather in cliques... it's human nature. People in general and RPers in particular are social creatures but very exclusive ones as well. In nearly 10 years of online roleplaying and another 10 of pen&paper, there isn't a single instance where I didn't witness that (I remember in my school ther was like 10 AD&D players and we managed to form separate cliques cause we didn't like each other's playstyles...)

Anyways, I hope you stick around to see the RPC's good side, which should start to be more apparent once this voting business is over and things settle down a bit. o_O

I'm all for continuing this conversation if you like but please enable PM's and use that if you'd like, we should probably let this thread breathe a little.

Sorry Kylin, you said to move along, but I was trying to PM this and couldn't just give up after taking the time to type all this stuff. ^^;

Trickery
The way I see it, RPC can't be cohesive without attempting to get all members on the same server or servers and it can't do that without voting. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. ^^;

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Jayce Lightfall - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 09:25 PM)Trickery Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 08:39 PM)Jayce Lightfall Wrote: Please refer to - http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2227

Especially note Regarding A Non-Legacy RP Server. Everyone had ample warning of registration restrictions.

Quote:The public poll will last 24 hours and be heavily moderated to ensure there is no cheating (multiple accounts, etc). User registration will likely be at least partially restricted.

"Likely be partially restricted" and "Killed off completely" are two different beasts.

"At least partially restricted." Least means the smallest thing to happen. So realistically it's not a different beast because he left room for change. I apologize if I come off as abrasive. But this whole subject is getting tiring from a spectator and participant side.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kylin - 07-01-2013

Seriously guys...it's just a server name lol. Why is it such a huuuuge deal? Heck, SE may even end up changing the server names before launch. Or they may designate an official RP server still and nullify all of this. Just relax and go drink a soda or something. Where the heck are all the pro-Balthier people when ya need 'em?! All this drama over something that won't matter in a month is pointless. And the arguments about semantics is even more pointless. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Back on topic, it seems the threshold will be met. 27 votes have been cast for Gilgamesh (-2 cancelled votes = 25). 13 wildcard votes have been cast...plus the 25 equals 38. I think it's safe to say the 40 will likely be met with little problem before the timer runs out. And at this point, even if it doesn't, it would be unfair to deny support for a poll that close to begin with.

Of course, a flood of voters could still login I'm sure and the poll could go elsewhere. But it seems unlikely xD

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Averis - 07-01-2013

Should we break out the wine then?

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - DimmerMeerkat - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 09:47 PM)Averis Wrote: Should we break out the wine then?

Tonberry

Gonna pretend that lantern is actually wine. GLOWING WINE.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kossori - 07-01-2013

I wouldn't trust taking wine from a Tonberry. He might shank you.

Plus, CHAMPAGNE is the celebratory drink.

Does champagne exist in Eorzea?

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Nel Celestine - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 09:52 PM)Kossori Wrote: I wouldn't trust taking wine from a Tonberry. He might shank you.

Plus, CHAMPAGNE is the celebratory drink.

Does champagne exist in Eorzea?

I believe it does

(07-01-2013, 09:43 PM)Kylin Wrote: Seriously guys...it's just a server name lol. Why is it such a huuuuge deal?

You do remember last time, don't you?
And you still call THIS a huge deal? Tongue

(07-01-2013, 09:57 PM)Asyria Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 09:43 PM)Kylin Wrote: Seriously guys...it's just a server name lol. Why is it such a huuuuge deal?

Oh, the memories~

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=513

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - ArmachiA - 07-01-2013

Ugh I remember that, I was so effing annoyed that Lindblum was the thing then suddenly it wasn't because "OMG 4chan!" My guildies had to tell me to take a step back

I just wanna talk bout Balthier

(As an aside, I know people hate this legacy vs non-legacy debates but I think they need to happen so people can just get what they need to say out. Eventually if you let people speak and not try to shush them, they will shush themselves because they will have gotten it all out)

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Satisiun - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 09:58 PM)Kylin Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 09:57 PM)Asyria Wrote:

Oh, the memories~

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=513

I still stand by my rant near the end of that thread that the majority of you were being tail-tucking buttmonkeys who simpered away from Lindblum due to overblown fears of anti-RP mobs running up and down the streets of Ul'dah looking for people to lynch if they so much as emoted.  Not that it matters too much what I say since I didn't stick with 1.xx beyond a point, try as I might.  At least this time you disabled vote-changing, Kylin. Tongue

Ribbing aside (and really, I'm just joshing around), I am curious. Do you have a contingency plan if the Beta Server names don't carry to release, much less to Open Beta/Early Access?  Another vote entirely?  Some other idea?

(07-01-2013, 10:29 PM)Satisiun Wrote: I still stand by my rant near the end of that thread that the majority of you were being tail-tucking buttmonkeys who simpered away from Lindblum due to overblown fears of anti-RP mobs running up and down the streets of Ul'dah looking for people to lynch if they so much as emoted.

True story...

I think it was the Goons, was it? Or some other group?

Dunno about contingency... I know in the unlikely case a server is labelled RP, it becomes the serveur de choix but I don't think we have other plans?

In the event that they change server names, we may have to hold another vote (though I really hope to not go through this again). I think we'll just have to cross that road when we get there.

Also lol @ the old poll I just linked still being open due to the forum transfer. I had to reclose it lmao

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-01-2013

Thanks all who have voted so far remember the point of this is to establish a strong second choice of server. Even if your preferred server does not win please give your support to the newly chosen server alternate rp servers are only as strong as their communities and hidden private rp does not help a community at all to grow! We need to be visible and remember the big picture!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Crow - 07-01-2013

Caw.

So it seems that Behemoth is growing quite popular on the Beta forums.. it would suck if the Behemoth vote began to outweigh the Gilgamesh vote. Would probably cause quite the stirrup. 

Anyways, I'm a realist here so it's pretty clear Gilgamesh is going to win, and that's fine, better we all end up at the same place.

My question to everyone who voted for it though; why would you pick a server where people from Reddit are going to be migrating to? If any of you have ever RP'd before I'm sure you've had your run-ins with trolls who make fun of the RP community in general, and Reddit is known for their troll-like behavior on several occasions.