Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Brom - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:05 PM)Crow Wrote: Caw.

So it seems that Behemoth is growing quite popular on the Beta forums.. it would suck if the Behemoth vote began to outweigh the Gilgamesh vote. Would probably cause quite the stirrup. 

Anyways, I'm a realist here so it's pretty clear Gilgamesh is going to win, and that's fine, better we all end up at the same place.

My question to everyone who voted for it though; why would you pick a server where people from Reddit are going to be migrating to? If any of you have ever RP'd before I'm sure you've had your run-ins with trolls who make fun of the RP community in general, and Reddit is known for their troll-like behavior on several occasions.
I can't speak for the others, but I know for me that it's a matter of familiarity at this point... We chose that server as our beta backup, we have a history with it now... Not to mention that, through playing on that server, I've already made quite a few friends through the last few months of beta testing. I've grown attached to it now. I'll still hop over to Balmung at launch, sure, but this gives me that much more reason to visit those chosen few friends over on G-mesh...

Plus, I think we're all capable of being the bigger people here. I think we can ignore a few trolls.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Kylin - 07-01-2013

Don't know anything about the Reddit situation so I can't comment on that >.>

As for the the Behemoth issue...it's possible that it /could/ surpass Gilgamesh in votes over there. But it's something we're not going to fuss over. Many of the Behemoth crew have outright stated that they want nothing to do with the RPC many times now. So giving an events subforum to a group who won't even use it at all would just be silly >.>;

Edit: This is all of course assuming something doesn't drastically change in the poll before it ends...which seems highly unlikely at this point.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Rhio - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 10:26 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: (As an aside, I know people hate this legacy vs non-legacy debates but I think they need to happen so people can just get what they need to say out. Eventually if you let people speak and not try to shush them, they will shush themselves because they will have gotten it all out)

I think the reason a lot of people are tired of it just comes down to the simple fact that the points have been made already, and no one likes the idea of the roleplaying community being further subdivided. One of the biggest things I love about FFXIV is the strength of this community, the same one that has produced a lot of awesome relationships, interplay, and character development over the course of the game's life.

The people who don't want to go to a Legacy server don't want to be burdened with an existing community. The people who are already on the Legacy server and really have no alternatives but to remain there don't want to lose out on new RP companions. It's a situation wherein there's no real way to win once one side becomes convinced that the community is entrenched and the other side becomes convinced that there's no reason to not want a Legacy server.

Me, I'm not happy about splitting the roleplaying community, but it's not my decision, and we've got the decided minority now. So if you really didn't want a Legacy server, I hope you have fun when the game goes live, and I'm sorry we won't get a chance to play together.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Skrattybones - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:08 PM)Kylin Wrote: Don't know anything about the Reddit situation so I can't comment on that >.>

It's pretty straightforward. /r/ffxiv went through a similar process and elected Gilgamesh as their official server, so the majority of people from reddit are rolling there, and every time a new person shows up asking for a server recommendation they get pointed to Gilgamesh.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

This reminds me of the SWTOR-RP main server vote.

See, SWTOR had a pre-launch Guild thing going on. Guilds would be arbitrarily assigned to random servers of the selected type (RP-PvE, RP-PvP, PvE, or PvP) but there was a trick to it. Each guild could select one allied guild and one enemy guild, so many guilds that were outside of the SWTOR-RP community made a chain of guilds linked by being allies or enemies as a way to select their own main server.

Meanwhile, and unaware, SWTOR-RP had all the guild leaders decide on how to select the community's main server and they decided it would be a vote.

So people voted... and it turned out that the winning server was different than the one the Chained RP Guilds all ended up on!

So naturally, some folks from the Chained RP Guilds came over and tried to "convince" the SWTOR-RP community to join their server and ignore their vote.

And naturally, the SWTOR-RP folks said no way, we voted, we'll go where people voted to go.

And then, as the imperials say sith happened. Drama! Hate mail! Threats and insults!

Oh the humanity!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:08 PM)mrcabbages Wrote:

So it seems that Behemoth is growing quite popular on the Beta forums.. it would suck if the Behemoth vote began to outweigh the Gilgamesh vote. Would probably cause quite the stirrup. 

Anyways, I'm a realist here so it's pretty clear Gilgamesh is going to win, and that's fine, better we all end up at the same place.

My question to everyone who voted for it though; why would you pick a server where people from Reddit are going to be migrating to? If any of you have ever RP'd before I'm sure you've had your run-ins with trolls who make fun of the RP community in general, and Reddit is known for their troll-like behavior on several occasions.
I can't speak for the others, but I know for me that it's a matter of familiarity at this point... We chose that server as our beta backup, we have a history with it now... Not to mention that, through playing on that server, I've already made quite a few friends through the last few months of beta testing. I've grown attached to it now. I'll still hop over to Balmung at launch, sure, but this gives me that much more reason to visit those chosen few friends over on G-mesh...

Plus, I think we're all capable of being the bigger people here. I think we can ignore a few trolls.
I've been rping in mmos since EQ1 I have an extensive collection of troll heads on my mantle. I look forward to rping on Gilgamesh.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - bigman_beefy - 07-01-2013

Just to clarify... I got a Character on balmung in phase 3.... does that mean I get to stay there?

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Elisea Renyven - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:23 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 11:08 PM)mrcabbages Wrote:

I've been rping in mmos since EQ1 I have an extensive collection of troll heads on my mantle. I look forward to rping on Gilgamesh.

I wish all the servers starting their own thing the best of luck, I hope it prospers. Just glad honestly that one thing is over with for now, I just hope SE doesn't decide to troll us with like 2 RP preferred servers... otherwise Frustrated

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-01-2013

My question is on the beta boards there has been pushback from the non rpers on Behemoth right on their own rp threads. Why go to a server where the many of the community has expressed right in your own forum threads that they don't want you there? We have gotten no such pushback on Gilgamesh and I know I drew a watching audience a few times this past weekend rping there.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Aysun - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:29 PM)bigman_beefy Wrote: Just to clarify... I got a Character on balmung in phase 3.... does that mean I get to stay there?

No, those will be deleted. Phase 4 characters should transfer, however.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - bigman_beefy - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:30 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 11:29 PM)bigman_beefy Wrote: Just to clarify... I got a Character on balmung in phase 3.... does that mean I get to stay there?

No, those will be deleted. Phase 4 characters should transfer, however.
So I will be kicked off of Balmung? Sorry for the twenty questions. Just cant find the answer anywhere.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

You won't be exactly kicked off, it's just that all our characters will disappear.
Except the Legacy ones.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Crow - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:30 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:

My question is on the beta boards there has been pushback from the non rpers on Behemoth right on their own rp threads. Why go to a server where the many of the community has expressed right in your own forum threads that they don't want you there? We have gotten no such pushback on Gilgamesh and I know I drew a watching audience a few times this past weekend rping there.

I was not aware of any kind of push back from the Behemoth server over RPer's. Could you provide some sort of link/thread?

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Aldotsk - 07-01-2013

Ah what the hell. I'll also vote for Girugamesh.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - CalemvirLucin - 07-01-2013

Why does everyone want gilgamesh so bad?! I thought alot of the beta rpers on that server are going over to balmung? A lot of the RP'ers on the beta forums want behemoth, as do I!