Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] (/showthread.php?tid=10052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Virella - 06-27-2015

That sounds hilarious! I will see if I can pry Virella free from her duties, or else hop by on an alt Smile

(btw Inarah, you should poke me ingame. Switched Virella to my main, so I do not have you on my friendlist atm : <!)

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 06-27-2015

Less than 30 minutes until the bar!

Update: And it begins!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Rosamund - 06-28-2015

Thanks to everyone who came last night! Turnout wasn't quite enough for that game of dodgeball, as I'm sure many of you were busy levelling and getting through the new content, so we're going to aim to do it at the next bar instead.

(06-27-2015, 07:23 AM)Virella Douront Wrote: (btw Inarah, you should poke me ingame. Switched Virella to my main, so I do not have you on my friendlist atm : <!)

Added you on my alt last night and will get you on Inarah ASAP! My PC died Friday so I was struggling through the evening on my terrible old backup with about 8 fps haha.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Rosamund - 07-11-2015

Just a reminder that we open up the bar again tonight! As Kilid and Inarah are both in Ishgard ICly at the moment, I'll be coming on my alt, Kohi Shiransu, and Kilid will arrive a bit later on his alt, Aihana Kowashiru.

Aihana will be organising a game of dodgeball, as previously detailed in Kilid's post here. We've played quite a few games within our FC and it's always a huge hit so we're really hoping to get some bar patrons to join us!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Rosamund - 07-12-2015

Thanks so much to everyone who turned up last night. We weren't expecting quite so many so I may or may not have panicked just a tad when I saw the crowds pour in! We hope you all had a great time. Big thanks to our staff for working as hard as they did as well!

The dodgeball game was also a lot of fun, we hope, for those who participated! Bert's team won the first match, Iona's team won the second, and Bert won again in the last round, so overall Bert's team is the victor. Congratulations to everyone on Team Bert and well played to those on Team Iona, especially Ashile E'lta, the adorable lalafell, and Totojin Kokojin, our drunken dodgeball master!

Here's a handful of screenshots from the night. Thanks again to you all for coming!

Show Content

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - O'hteco - 07-12-2015

Here are a few pictures from yesterday as well. Thank you for having me, it was a lovely time! Also posted with a little promo write up here!

[Image: d8Szxiw.jpg]

[Image: vNt9ooQ.jpg]

[Image: ae86Z1D.jpg]

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 07-24-2015

Jackal & Hide are proud to present:
The 11th Sunny Seaside Bar
[Image: A6iYYR3.png]

That's right folks, it's that time of the moon again!

Jackal and Hide are once more stocking the shelves, polishing the counters, and opening the non-existent doors to our absolutely most favourite people ever!

All of you.

Another simple affair this time around.  The bar for those that crave company, and a relaxed spot to sup various alcoholic concoctions, and for those feeling a little more adventurous?

The sport of kings[sup]*[/sup].  The game of life[sup]**[/sup].  Dodgeball.

The rules are the same, only the faces have changed!

At the very least, yours truly will be present, on a brief hiatus from our Coerthas expedition, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you down there on the front lines, inflated boar bladder in hand, ready to stick it to 'em!

Peace,

Kilid

[sub]* In our opinion
** Still in our opinion
[/sub]

Yep, same as last time.  Those that took part had great fun in the dodgeball, and we want to introduce it to a few more people, ICly!  Give it a try, it's clean, simple fun!  Until you get caught up in it.  Then it gets dirty and competitive.

(Which is all part of the fun, really.)

Hope to see faces old and new there!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 07-26-2015

Another fortnight, another Sunny Seaside Bar passes into the annals of history.  Next time will be the six month anniversary of the event!  How crazy is that?!  Time flies when you're scanning chatlogs to see if anyone's ordering a drink!

So, how did XI fare?  Pretty darn good.  The bar itself was, as ever, a pretty chilled affair, with the time-honoured traditions of mingling and drinking being observed all around by our esteemed guests.

As for the dodgeball?  That was, in the opinion of many, the highlight.  Approx. 90 minutes after the start of the event, the Jackals faced the Kindred in the first ever friendly inter-FC Eorzean dodgeball matchup.

(tl: dr of the game?  The Kindred came, the Kindred saw, the Jackals conquered.  Sorry, Nailah :3)
(In an unusual turn of events, /random was being unusually kind to us last night.  This scares us, normally during our events /random has a grudge. Did you know you could roll a 0?  We had a member roll a 0 during an event.  Until then, none of us had any idea that was possible.)

Anyway, in order to keep this brief, I'll resort to the age-old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words, and supply you with the equivalent of several thousand words!

Show Content

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Rosamund - 08-04-2015

[Image: voEvyJW.png]

As our six month anniversary (Twelve, has it been that long already?!) for the Sunny Seaside Bar, we're going to ask you to break out your steaks, kebabs and fish fillets for a delectable beach BBQ contest this Saturday!

We open the bar at 19.00 BST (GMT+1) as usual and then a bell later we'll head on down to the campfire at the beach to let those of you willing show off your culinary skills. We'll provide the meat, vegetables and grilling fire whilst you bring your tastiest recipes and prepare your dishes for our lovely patrons, who will ultimately cast their vote for best dish!* The winner will, as ever, be the proud recipient of Something Niceâ„¢ as well as free drinks for the rest of the evening.

Hope to see you there!

* Recipes will be purely IC and it's up to your wonderfully creative minds to come up with something that will knock the socks off our guests. Those who partake of a taste will then be asked to vote via whisper to Inarah, who will tally them up and declare the winner.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Nirri - 08-07-2015

One day to the cooking contest and another amazing night at the Sunny Seaside bar! <3

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Rosamund - 08-08-2015

We open up tonight in 3 hours! Big Grin

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 08-12-2015

*Rolls shoulders*

We opened.  People came, people RP'd, it was awesome.

Many congratulations to our cooking contest entrants, and you all spend your winnings wisely!  While I can't speak for everyone there, I had great fun reading the prepared food, and felt rather more hungry after the event than I did afore.

(No, really, each of the meals sounded -fantastic- and I want to try them outside of the game.  The three of you were amazing!)

So what did the night look like?  Glad you asked.  Here's the equivalent of a few thousand words in pictures.

Show Content

With the news of the new Baywatch film announced, I think, perhaps, the next Bar will have to have a red theme.  Red swimwear.  Good thing there's a seasonal event on, huh?! Big Grin

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 08-21-2015

Jackal & Hide are pleased to present... (... once again!)
[Image: 0tv8WIQ.png]
The Sunny Seaside bar XIII: Thal's Balls!

Aye, ye read that right, Thal's balls!  It's been bleeding hot of late, and we felt it appropriate to just get that off our chest now.

(Don't ask what Thal's balls were doing on our collective chests)

We're rather fond of the ol' dodgeball, and after the success of our six-month anniversary event, felt the need to turn the figurative heat down and take it easy this week, with some relaxed chat, chilled drinks, and bright fireworks.

Did I mention we'll be setting off small fireworks throughout the night?  No?  Of course I did, go back and read this!  It says it just above here.

As ever, for those averse to a little fun and games, the bar will remain open after the twentieth bell to continue serving drinks and company for the less active individuals.  On the offchance EVERYONE heads on down, then we'll just pack up a few crates and move the bar down to the sands for a while.  Everyone's a drunken winner regardless!

Except the losing team.

(Looking at you, Kindred.)

Hope to see new faces there!

Kilid and the Jackals.

Mmhmm!  The usual Dodgeball rules apply for those in the know.  For those not, we detailed it a few posts back.  Say... here, for instance! So read up if you haven't.  If you really don't want to, then just turn up on the night and observe a game or two.  It's really easy to pick up, and great fun!

Casual, relaxed RP will continue for those up at the bar for those who want it, too!  We leave no RPer behind (Whenever possible, chatscroll-mistakes ignored!)

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Rosamund - 08-22-2015

Just a reminder that we open up again tonight! See Kilid's post above for details. Smile

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 08-22-2015

[Image: latest?cb=20090707092619]

This is appropriate! We open in 25 minutes~