Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] (/showthread.php?tid=10052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 02-18-2016

'Tis the really very, very great pleasure of Jackal & Hide to be able to announce the big one:
The 24th Sunny Seaside Bar
[Image: GFzrE6r.png]

We're here!  We did it!  One year on, and we're still doing this.  Either we have stamina to rival that of the Twelve, or we were long ago bereft of our wits.  Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter.  Why?  Because we're crazy.

Crazy for all of you beautiful folks!

(No, really.  We'd have stopped doing this long ago if we thought you were all ugly, or something!)

So how are we going to celebrate this milestone?  The only way we know how, with gratuitous violence to appease the roaring crowd!  What better way for something to stick in your memory than suffering memory loss, right?

We've got a series of challenges to offer up to those brave enough to don skin-tight garb and flex for the amusement of the onlookers!  Details will be provided on the night before each event.  We could tell you beforehand, but... well.  Only the brave need apply, this way!

"But Kilid!" I hear you muttering to yourselves. "What could be worth risking life, limb and loss of face before a mob of onlookers?" I hear you thinking, perplexed.

Gil.

Lots of cold, hard gil.  We've got a weighty purse for the ultimate winner, and something lesser but still mighty fine for whoever ends up as the best what's left.

Also, the respect of your peers, the Jackals, and yours truly as one of Eorzea's finest sportsfolk.  And surely, it's the love of the masses that counts in the end, right?

But if all else fails, the gil is definitely there.

I very much sincerely hope to see you all there, folks!  Competing ideally, but throwing in your support for whosoever is brave enough to do so if not!

One whole year... blimey. It's been building to this. I wonder how (and where) the next year's going to go...

Regards,

The Jackals

Right, the events.  So no-one's going into this blind, I'm going to detail them OOCly so you can prepare in advance.

First off, dueling!  Ideally, having lancer unlocked and leveled up to 5 so you can use a bone harpoon would be amazing.  If not... it's roleplay.  We'll improvise and emote!

It's the tried and tested /random here, as ever!  A contender faces off against a Jackal atop a rock near the bar, and both /random.  Highest roll gets the hit, both emote.  Very simple!  They /random again, whoever lost the prior roll gets -50, whoever won gets +50.

The goal is to hit someone twice in a row, thus knocking them 'off' the rock!  Very simple, right?

Second event?  Tug of war... sorta!  As with the duel, a contender and a Jackal face off, this time with a zone marked around them.  Held between them, a length of wooden pole.  Padded, obviously, and with loops that the contenders have to put their hands through.

The objective?  Push or pull your opponent out of their zone, naturally.  Each /random as before, but then whisper the judge/presiding official with 'pull' or 'push'.  The judge then announces in (( )) who won.  How is it decided?

If someone pulls, and someone pushes, the person pulling gains -250 to their roll.  If they still win the roll, it's a full point, and a win!
If both push, whoever rolls higher wins half a point, while the lower roll loses half a point.
Same for pulling, whoever rolls higher wins half a point, while the lower roll loses half a point.

Whoever reaches the full point first wins!  It's assumed they've successfully yanked or pushed their opponent out of their zone.

For the penultimate event?  The final four four face off for the greatest show of skill the land of Eorzea has ever known...

Dodgeball, two on two.  Four people.  Two teams.  One ball.

Once that's done?  The winning pair face off in a multi-stage race about the region south of the bar.  Each section is divided, starting with a straight-up spring from the foot of the bar to the nearby rocks.  For this, a straight-up /random determines who reaches the rocks first.  Very simple, very down to chance.

Second, the rocks themselves.  A pair of Jackals will be stationed there, seeking to hamper the contestants from passing.  To beat them, you just need to roll higher.  The Jackals are under strict orders not to interfere too much, and so will have a penalty to their own rolls.

A third footrace about the southern end of the cliffs (If one finalist makes it before the other, they automatically stay ahead on that stretch) before the final test.

Four Jackals will be waiting down the lengthy tunnel that leads back to the bar.  If both finalists make it at the same time, then there'll be two Jackals per person to bypass.  To win?  Roll higher than both Jackals (We'll be penalising ourselves, naturally.)  Roll higher than both?  You're through!  Beat one?  You're held.  Four 'holds' max before you break through on the fifth. (Confused?  Don't worry, I'll be overseeing things.  You just emote, as it should be!)

If one makes it ahead of the other, than they'll be facing off against three of the four, until the other makes it.  Progress will be slower, to give the other finalist a chance.

And then it's the final run back to the bar!  If one finalist is ahead, they've won!  If both, it's a final dice with RNG to determine who's got the most strength left after the previous battles.

How do we keep it fair?  We'll be monitoring the timing of events, so that both emote and roll at the same time, thus everything happens in 'rounds'!

Ultimately, the hard work will be done by yours truly.  All people have to do is turn up, emote, and roll!  I'll be pulling all the strings and keeping check of things in the background, like a big. handsome spider.

Waiting for them, atop a silver platter, will be a chilled drink of their choosing, and the all-important winners purse.  Second place shall have their drink, and consolation purse, delivered with a smile.  No silver platter, sadly.

It no doubt sounds like a lot, but I can assure you this:  The onus is on us to make things run as smoothly as possible, we just want you to enjoy this.

And should any events prove to be rather good fun... no doubt we'll be recycling it for use in a later bar.

Hope to see some brave new faces at this one, folks!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar - Fortnightly on Saturdays, 19.00 GMT - Kilid/Torhe - 02-20-2016

Le bump

We begin in 5 minutes, folks~ Hope to see some faces there.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 03-19-2016

We open again tonight at 7 pm GMT/2 pm EST and will be opening the lower deck for bards to perform at 8 pm/2 pm!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 03-21-2016

Sorry for the delay in posting but thank you all again for coming this month. We had some wonderful performances from Raeje Draeka, F'iara Aselk and of course Savo Kesslivang! Huge thanks to you three for entertaining all of our lovely guests.

Speaking of Savo, we're changing our main poster to the gorgeous one she's drawn for us! Thank you so, so much Savo; we're really touched.

[Image: 74WwBwr.jpg]

Kilid took plenty of screenshots from the evening so, without further ado, enjoy:

Show Content

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 04-11-2016

The next bar is 16 April 2016 at 7 pm BST/2 pm EDT!

We’ll be having the usual food and drink on our menu as shown above, and performances by Savo Kesslivang. If any other bards, storytellers and the like want to take to the stage, see here for details on the performance venue.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 05-21-2016

Unfortunately, tonight's bar is cancelled due to RL interfering. Apologies to anyone who had planned to come! The next one will be 18 June 2016.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Cecily Jisi - 05-21-2016

Sure, I'm down for joining. In fact, I'M THERE RIGHT NOW! :O

Edit: AAAAND just realized it was cancelled... Dammit.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Raeje - 05-25-2016

Hey there, I'm thinking I'd really like to perform at the Sunny Seaside bar this time around, if possible. It's the same night as GP's burlesque show, so I would have to perform before 6pm CST, but I would certainly like to be there again.

I haven't been in game a lot lately because I'm focusing on work stuff, but I do still swing by for events and RP whenever I can, so if you can't get in touch with me in game, you can message me here, or on tumblr.

Thanks, and I hope to be performing at the bar again this June.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 05-26-2016

(05-25-2016, 06:12 PM)Raeje Wrote: Hey there, I'm thinking I'd really like to perform at the Sunny Seaside bar this time around, if possible. It's the same night as GP's burlesque show, so I would have to perform before 6pm CST, but I would certainly like to be there again.

Sure! We start the performances at around 8 pm BST (2 pm CST) so just show up then and look for myself or Kilid. Smile

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Raeje - 05-27-2016

It will be a little later than that, because I don't finish work until 3:00, but yeah, That sounds great. i have a bunch of stuff macro'ed so I can perform any of it really. I'm also going to be writing some new stuff for the GP cabaret.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 06-17-2016

The next bar is tomorrow, 18 June 2016, at 7 pm BST/2 pm EDT!

We'll be having the usual food and drink on our menu as shown above. If any bards and storytellers wish to take to the stage and entertain our guests, see here for details on our performance venue.

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 06-18-2016

This is TONIGHT, featuring performances by Raeje Draeka!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 06-19-2016

Thanks so much once again to everyone who came to the Sunny Seaside Bar tonight! Big thanks as well to Raeje Draeka for performing for us and sharing her lovely poetry. We'll see you all again next month!

[Image: tumblr_o8zm1uJ1pQ1v6etm7o1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o8zm1uJ1pQ1v6etm7o2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o8zm1uJ1pQ1v6etm7o4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o8zm1uJ1pQ1v6etm7o6_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o8zm1uJ1pQ1v6etm7o9_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o8zm1uJ1pQ1v6etm7o8_1280.png]

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Kilid/Torhe - 07-16-2016

[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o8_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o10_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o9_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o7_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o5_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_oafou6w5FX1v6etm7o6_1280.png]

A huge thanks once again to everyone who came to the Sunny Seaside Bar tonight! We had a great time with some lovely performances from Raeje and Savo. See you all again next month!

RE: Sunny Seaside Bar [EU Friendly] - Rosamund - 08-20-2016

The next bar is tonight, 20 August 2016, at 7 pm BST/2 pm EDT!

We'll be having the usual food and drink on our menu as shown above. If any bards and storytellers wish to take to the stage and entertain our guests, see here for details on our performance venue.