Hydaelyn Role-Players
A New Day - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A New Day (/showthread.php?tid=10064)

Pages: 1 2

A New Day - Melodia - 02-11-2015

Hi. So I have decided to make some changes in my game as things have been....rocky (that would be an understatement) lately. And I need some thoughts? Advice? A hug? LOL....

1) I am having Melodia step away from the Yellowjackets. I feel like I need her to be a bit more flexible in rp and I admit to struggling to be confident enough to rp as a law official. So, while I'd imagine she could be an advisor, her yellow shirt will be turned in for a more civilianized attire.

2) I closed a number of older rp threads yesterday for this reason and because they were just old.

3) I am also likely to be leaving my current FC as we are a dwindling endangered species at this point with two people online and the leader unable to play for the foreseeable future. That said....I am looking at FC's...rp based ones that do raiding from time to time...progression. But again, I am looking at an rp-based FC. I get overwhelmed by the LS page so any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

RE: A New Day - Nebbs - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 01:43 PM)Melodia Wrote: Hi. So I have decided to make some changes in my game as things have been....rocky (that would be an understatement) lately. And I need some thoughts? Advice? A hug? LOL....

1) I am having Melodia step away from the Yellowjackets. I feel like I need her to be a bit more flexible in rp and I admit to struggling to be confident enough to rp as a law official. So, while I'd imagine she could be an advisor, her yellow shirt will be turned in for a more civilianized attire.

2) I closed a number of older rp threads yesterday for this reason and because they were just old.

3) I am also likely to be leaving my current FC as we are a dwindling endangered species at this point with two people online and the leader unable to play for the foreseeable future. That said....I am looking at FC's...rp based ones that do raiding from time to time...progression. But again, I am looking at an rp-based FC. I get overwhelmed by the LS page so any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

*hug*

There that's done. Now, I too find myself Limsa way more and more so I will keep an eye out.

I also just jumped FC (because reasons) to Free Wing Society and they seem really nice and I have RPed each day since joining with them.

RE: A New Day - Warren Castille - 02-11-2015

There's nothing wrong with a career change! I'd been noodling it for one of my characters, too, but found some reasons to stick around in RP. The flexibility will be nice, it's fun to be unrestrained in terms of behavior or consequence! I hope Mel finds her way to greener pastures.

I can't help much in terms of RP-FCs but I wish you the best landing in a new home. Maybe now that Mel's not bound to Limsa work she can get out and see some more of the world. Meet some new people. Maybe grind some stones.

Cough.

RE: A New Day - Melodia - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 02:18 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Meet some new people. Maybe grind some stones.

Cough
*Suddenly feels compelled to check the Grindstone out for some reason*

RE: A New Day - Gegenji - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 02:22 PM)Melodia Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 02:18 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Meet some new people. Maybe grind some stones.

Cough

Man, more and more folks just keep getting interested in the Grindstone. What gives? Huh

RE: A New Day - SicketySix - 02-11-2015

"rubbin sticks n stones to together makes the RP sparks ignite and the thought of playin with you is so exciting......"

RE: A New Day - ArmachiA - 02-12-2015

(02-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Cough

Man, more and more folks just keep getting interested in the Grindstone. What gives? Huh

There's an ebb and flow to the GS that will probably be there forever. A rush of people who have never heard of it show up, some become staples of the GS, then a lot fade away, the a new rush of rpers who have never heard of it show up, ad nauseum forever.

The GS fills a niche a lot of RPers like, so it'll probably be around as long as people run the thing.

RE: A New Day - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-12-2015

My previous character died, so I've had to deal with new starts myself.

The only thing I can suggest is, do not be discouraged. It can be rough at the start, but take every little RP chance you can get, and weasel your way into something bigger!

RE: A New Day - Drifter - 02-12-2015

A fresh new start can be a daunting task, but stay positive! You'll find what you're looking for, even if you don't know what that is right away.

I recently flopped FC's due to (mostly) IC reasons. Though luckily, Nyxh's mate has been her rock, and has stayed by her side through the entire process.

RE: A New Day - Kellach Woods - 02-12-2015

(02-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Man, more and more folks just keep getting interested in the Grindstone. What gives? Huh

It's a consistent RP spot that gets talked about a lot around here.

RE: A New Day - Warren Castille - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 08:37 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Man, more and more folks just keep getting interested in the Grindstone. What gives? Huh

It fell into the lap of some new guy who won't shut up about advertising it. I've half a mind to report him for spamming and derailment.

RE: A New Day - Melodia - 02-12-2015

Well, I did find a FC that meets Melodia's needs and I'm looking forward to being part of the Free Wing Society. As for Grindstone....count Mel in. She's sort of unleashed at this point and could always use more interaction and even some throwdowns if necessary hehe. Smile Thank you all for the kind words and look forward to getting more rp with her as as I move forward.

RE: A New Day - Melodia - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 08:46 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: It fell into the lap of some new guy who won't shut up about advertising it. I've half a mind to report him for spamming and derailment.
*Totally reports spammer*

Wink

RE: A New Day - Gegenji - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 04:48 AM)ArmachiA Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Cough

There's an ebb and flow to the GS that will probably be there forever. A rush of people who have never heard of it show up, some become staples of the GS, then a lot fade away, the a new rush of rpers who have never heard of it show up, ad nauseum forever.

The GS fills a niche a lot of RPers like, so it'll probably be around as long as people run the thing.

(02-12-2015, 08:37 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:

My attempt at joking context over the Interwebs has failed. Sad

RE: A New Day - Desu Nee - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 08:50 AM)Gegenji Wrote: My attempt at joking context over the Interwebs has failed. Sad
Can't win them all Gege.