Hydaelyn Role-Players
What now? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What now? (/showthread.php?tid=10099)

What now? - Desu Nee - 02-13-2015

Remember when I first made my introing post? Good times right?

I reached end-game...I'm really happy, one of the few games that I enjoyed from beginning to end to accomplish, the story the community, etc etc...but I am with an dilemma...

What now?

I know many will say rp, quests etc etc...but I'm feeling really genuinely overwhelming. The classes I gotta train, quests I gotta do, all this stuff is giving me a genuine sickening headache. I started all the quests of Scion Post Game, but I'm genuinely at loss of where to start now..

Seems really hand holding, but can someone say me a road I can take to just set myself on the path now, cause I am seriously dizzy.

RE: What now? - Kurt S. - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 07:30 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: Remember when I first made my introing post? Good times right?

I reached end-game...I'm really happy, one of the few games that I enjoyed from beginning to end to accomplish, the story the community, etc etc...but I am with an dilemma...

What now?

I know many will say rp, quests etc etc...but I'm feeling really genuinely overwhelming. The classes I gotta train, quests I gotta do, all this stuff is giving me a genuine sickening headache. I started all the quests of Scion Post Game, but I'm genuinely at loss of where to start now..

Seems really hand holding, but can someone say me a road I can take to just set myself on the path now, cause I am seriously dizzy.

HILDIBRAND RIGHT NOW, IF I HAVE TO I WILL SPEND KURT/RAMOMO'S MONEY TO GET YOU TO THE NECESSARY ilevels.

Or ask yourself what goal do you have? Do you want a room? Start farming GC Leves and do the GC hunting logs. Things like that, people can help you better if you have an idea on what to do...all else fails do Hildibrand first....but that's what I'd do.

RE: What now? - Desu Nee - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 07:41 PM)Chicken Nugger Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 07:30 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: Remember when I first made my introing post? Good times right?

What now?

HILDIBRAND RIGHT NOW, IF I HAVE TO I WILL SPEND RAMOMO'S MONEY TO GET YOU TO THE NECESSARY ilevels
THE FUCK IS A HILDIBRAND

RE: What now? - K'nahli - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 07:41 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: THE FUCK IS A HILDIBRAND

Are you serious? *genuine question*

RE: What now? - Melkire - 02-13-2015

Hildibrand questline starts in Ul'dah with Wymond by the benches near the Hall of Flames. People generally recommend the questline because the writing's quite amusing/entertaining/funny/take-your-pick.

As far as PvE goes, a really easy-to-define goal for yourself is to unlock Hard Roulette and Expert Roulette by finding the quests to unlock all of the post-level-50 dungeons, completing those quests, and then running and completing those dungeons. This will at least get you started and also get you acclimated to end-game, which mostly consists of "I need to be this iLvl to enter this dungeon/instance/raid, so I need gear of this level, so I should run this content..."

RE: What now? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-13-2015

there's always the soulsuckingly painful hells ridden fun system of trying to color your chocobo if you haven't already tried. :3

RE: What now? - Desu Nee - 02-13-2015

Oh, that Hildibrand...yeah, I can see. And yeah I can those too...

Guess my crafting will have to wait. Good ol' completionist obsession kicked in.

RE: What now? - Nebbs - 02-13-2015

Try this gDoc

So You Just Hit Level 50 in Patch 2.5

RE: What now? - Aris - 02-13-2015

Hey, welcome to end game! It is quite overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it quickly, promise. Tongue

Honestly one of my favourite things when I first hit 50 was starting the Crystal Tower quest line. 24-man raid, as someone who's never played an MMO before, was so cool Big Grin It's a neat way to get some i80 pieces and soldiery to go towards i100 gear. It unlocks in Mor Donah I believe, and can be done at i55.

The A Relic Reborn quest will get you a decent i80-90 weapon which should get you through many lower ilv post-50 dungeons.

It's good to slowly begin working on any alt classes for cross-class abilities too. If you're a healer, getting THM to lv 26 for swiftcast is a priority. d:

For me, the goal was to unlock all the things and work up the current average ilevel at the time. A good goal might be to get to i100, which means you'll be able to do all content (except Final Coil which is currently the hardest content in the game so we can ignore that atm lol) comfortably.

I'm not sure if things are the same now, but the route I went was.. an i50 weapon first from my selected GC, and bought some accessories from the marketboard to get my ilv up to i55. And then went through the dungeons I could access to get gear to unlock more dungeons.
A dungeon list is here (http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Dungeons) with where to unlock each one and what level you need to be at to enter.
To be honest you could probably skip a few of those steps now as it's easier to get higher ilv gear, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Hopefully someone will come in and share! I know there are many kind folk on here who are willing to help kit fresh 50s out in i90 gear, or you could buy some yourself off the MB but it's quite expensive! It would save time gearing up though.

I hope this made sense! I am here if you'd like to run anything together. I need practice healing, or have Monk which about to hit level 50, so will be running things for gear regardless. Smile

Edit: I'm so sorry I just read this back and it's a rambled mess but I'm so tired I can't figure out how to make it neater ;-;

RE: What now? - Kurt S. - 02-14-2015

Just a little tip from me. The 24 man raids are fun but please try not turn your endgame experience into... WoD:The Game. Like what I did...