Hydaelyn Role-Players
Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. (/showthread.php?tid=10108)

Pages: 1 2

Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Blue - 02-14-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrXNBevqFk

Personally I was hoping for Hildebrand or Derplander, as most of the community. What do you guys think?

(FYI, this is currently only coming out for the Arcades, but people are expecting a PS4 release eventually too.)

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Kilid/Torhe - 02-14-2015

*Cheer*

Dissidia, and then 012, were staples of my PSP diet before the screen died a horrible water-induced death.

Edit: Oh, yeah, Yshtola. *Shrug* I'm a fan of the work her English VA did, so if they keep her in any potential localisation of the game, that'd be pretty nice!

Putting Hildebrand in as a character would just make the game horrendously unbalanced in favour of the Light Big Grin

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Jig - 02-14-2015

I'm curious who will join the badguys. Gaius?
Also...

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Desu Nee - 02-14-2015

It would make sense for her to be on the game. Most popular MSQ character, and Hildibrand is kinda obscure for those not into FF14 after all.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Kellach Woods - 02-16-2015

Yeah I know they could have picked an actually interesting choice that has a backstory and, y'know, actual character. I can understand in Theatrhythm why they'd pick Catgirl With Twig but c'mon.

The good news from this is that if they stick to Theatrhythm roster for the most part, there's a chance mah boi Benjamin makes it in.

Also, since this is 3v3 I'm fairly sure we'll see more representatives overall. You don't want a 3v3 game with a roster under 30 and IIRC 012 only scratched that with the special characters (and that's if you count Feral Chaos).

Not expecting a TTT2-level roster, but I'm expecting a lot more than before.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Steel Wolf - 02-16-2015

I absolutely approve. She has the most attacks that would see her useful in a Dissidia, though if she were otherwise joined by Thancred I wouldn't feel awful about it.

It does leave one to wonder what baddie will join the roster as the opposite though. That, personally, is where my head spins. But Y'shtola? Yea, I can dig it. :D

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Aaron - 02-16-2015

I was expecting the Derplander. 

Then again, I skipped 95% of the cutscenes in the MSQ.

I don't even really understand wtf is happening other than the Ascian are the bad guy.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - K'nahli - 02-16-2015

Not interested in the game in the slightest but I guess I approve(?) I love Y'shtola. She's the most interesting MSQ character to be found(outside of city state leaders) in spite of hardly having any lines by comparison to the others.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Cato - 02-16-2015

Well, out of all the Scions she's one of the more tolerable. I'm glad they didn't pick Minfilia (since she'd spend the duration of the game being kidnapped) or Thancred (because they've already got other characters to corner the womaniser cliche).

Oh, and Hildebrand not being given the honour is great too. He's not terrible, but he's very much like marmite and a character that is best limited to small doses. He'd only make the game as a whole seem more slapstick than it is which would do FFXIV a major disservice.

With that said I'd have preferred to see the Midlander guy in the cinematics come to life and be given a personality of his own. Oh well.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Aya - 02-16-2015

Well good for Y'shtola I guess.. Smile

I never found her very interesting, and would rather have had Papylmo and Yda!  I love Papylmo ^_^

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - ChewableMorphine - 02-16-2015

(02-16-2015, 08:09 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Yeah I know they could have picked an actually interesting choice that has a backstory and, y'know, actual character. I can understand in Theatrhythm why they'd pick Catgirl With Twig but c'mon.

The good news from this is that if they stick to Theatrhythm roster for the most part, there's a chance mah boi Benjamin makes it in.

Also, since this is 3v3 I'm fairly sure we'll see more representatives overall. You don't want a 3v3 game with a roster under 30 and IIRC 012 only scratched that with the special characters (and that's if you count Feral Chaos).

Not expecting a TTT2-level roster, but I'm expecting a lot more than before.

Expect Derplander and most likely Yda or Minfilia then?

I want at least Nero, Gaius, and Nael to be the three baddie reps

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Kellach Woods - 02-16-2015

(02-16-2015, 01:25 PM)Flynt The Hyena Wrote: Expect Derplander and most likely Yda or Minfilia then?

I want at least Nero, Gaius, and Nael to be the three baddie reps

Expect nobody else from XIV is more the idea - and I'd wager whichever one you fight at the end of the MSQ would be a possible baddie rep, assuming XIV even gets one.

Not every game gets multiple hero reps - IV, V (Gilgamesh counts... right?), VII, VIII and X are the only ones that have them I think (which I think is BOLLOCKS and we should have gotten at least Celes if not Locke in 012 but that's just me - I also think Lionheart from II should be in there but his schtick is kinda covered by Cecil.

Also, Hildibrand in this game would make a modicum of sense since Gilgamesh is in it, and they have history. HOWEVER, seeing as Hildibrand never really fights his own battles, if he shows up it's probably as the tutorial dude in a console-release.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Warren Castille - 04-10-2015

[Image: 2nnfANQ.jpg]

THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT

For my interests, anyway.

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - No Longer Exists - 04-10-2015

(04-10-2015, 07:45 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: [Image: 2nnfANQ.jpg]

THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT

For my interests, anyway.

*Peeks out from under the hat curiously* What...is this that you show us? Explain!

RE: Y'shtola selected FFXIV representative for new Dissidia game. - Warren Castille - 04-10-2015

(04-10-2015, 07:52 AM)Black Hat Wrote: *Peeks out from under the hat curiously* What...is this that you show us? Explain!

Details are still coming, but there was a Closed Conference for Dissidia today. Amongst the choicest tidbits:

*Game is running on PS4 hardware
*Game will be arcade-only, PS4 release considered "a year" after initial release
*3v3 combat
*Arcade controls feature PS buttons on them
*MOTHERFUCKING RAMZA IS IN IT