Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character's OOC nationality. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Your character's OOC nationality. (/showthread.php?tid=10265)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Caspar - 02-23-2015

I suppose the archetypical Kumamoto Japanese. http://kumanago.jp/en/abouts/personality.html

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Gaspard - 02-23-2015

Romanian / Russian for Constantine

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Val - 02-23-2015

I'm.. .. I honestly don't know what Val's nationality is. I've honestly never considered it x_x

I've had people tell me they hear Irish whenever I type out his accent, but I've also heard people hear a few other things >_o so I can't really say.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Qhora Bajihri - 02-23-2015

I'd say probably nomadic Bedouin by father and North African maybe Egyptian by mother, but she'd refuse to claim either, and if pressed would just shrug and say she doesn't really know where she comes from.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Devereau - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 02:30 AM)Klinzahr Wrote: Who knew? I'm not the only one with Canadian inspirations! Cool

My Sea Wolves take a fair bit of inspiration from both Newfoundland and the maritime provinces, but primarily the Cape Breton areas of Nova Scotia.

I have gone so far as make poor attempts to type out a Newfie accent for Iyrnahct, and slightly better attempts to type a watered down version for Klynzahr. For those of you who meet Iyrnahct on one of his rare RP outings and wonder why you can't understand a thing that he says, don't worry... it's mostly intentional.

I want to translate your Newfie accent. CAN YOU NOT SAY THE LETTER H?!

If you try to make me kiss a cod or drink garbage rum out of a boot, I'm out.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-23-2015

given her family; clio would be a 2nd or 3rd gen moved over from holland family but completely absorbed in american culture. needless to say her job would run along the lines of being in the army crawling around the guts of tanks or jets.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Rosamund - 02-23-2015

I'm not really sure. From her accent alone, she's northern English, because...well, it's where I live so it's pretty easy to get into the swing of typing. So much so that sometimes I start typing that way OOC too. Blush

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Kilid/Torhe - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 05:50 AM)Inarah Wrote: I'm not really sure. From her accent alone, she's northern English, because...well, it's where I live so it's pretty easy to get into the swing of typing. So much so that sometimes I start typing that way OOC too. Blush

Kilid's from the same tribe, and so sounds almost exactly the same.

Although I don't have the OOC issue Tongue

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - SM Nick - 02-23-2015

Solis would be American-English, with no accent actually.

Sakura's would obviously be Japanese.

Niklas is English of French descent, English accent.

Rena is Japanese-English with an Osaka accent.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Cato - 02-23-2015

It's not really something I've thought about. I suppose he does have a few British, Spanish and French influences. Nothing beyond a few quirks here and there though. He's very well spoken, fond of art and history and there's a slight exotic flair to him.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Kasumi Gakunin - 02-23-2015

Lacey is English. She sounds English in my head and I use a lot of English slang when I rp her. 

I've been told by my Canadian rp partner that Lacey acts a lot like a French-Canadian woman but I personally have no experience with such things since I'm Australian. Lacey is a name of French origins however so I suppose that would fit as well. 

I picked the last name Orwell since Lacey's father ran a Resistance Movement in her home country on the continent of Ilsabard against the Garlean Empire when she was a child and was a writer of social justice and democracy much like the real world George Orwell.

tl;dr: English but may have accidentally may have made her French-Canadian (kind of).

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - ChewableMorphine - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 02:30 AM)Klinzahr Wrote: Who knew? I'm not the only one with Canadian inspirations! Cool

My Sea Wolves take a fair bit of inspiration from both Newfoundland and the maritime provinces, but primarily the Cape Breton areas of Nova Scotia.

I have gone so far as make poor attempts to type out a Newfie accent for Iyrnahct, and slightly better attempts to type a watered down version for Klynzahr. For those of you who meet Iyrnahct on one of his rare RP outings and wonder why you can't understand a thing that he says, don't worry... it's mostly intentional.

That would greatly explain why I can understand you near fluently

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - ChewableMorphine - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 07:57 AM)Lacey Orwell Wrote: tl;dr: English but may have accidentally may have made her French-Canadian (kind of).

Join the party.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - DrDucker - 02-23-2015

HELL

aka

the balkans

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Coatleque - 02-23-2015

Coatleque would certainly pass as Irish or Scottish with her pale skin, red hair, and green eyes. She speaks as a proper English lady, however.